Maverick USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Steve Williams

Pros
  • Home time is good for the most part (in 7 reviews)

• When works good pay checks are great (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Away from home, but that's trucking (in 4 reviews)

• Home time could be a bit better (in 4 reviews)

1. "the company itself has become cheaper and cheaper and treats their employees very poorly."

Former Employee - Cashier in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Cashier in Nampa, ID

I worked at Maverick USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I happened to have a wonderful boss/ manager at the second location that I worked at. She was willing to do things that I had witnessed other managers putting off on others.

Cons

the pay, the ability to find promotion within the company, the management and the overturn rate, also they want cheap labor

Advice to Management

take consideration of your employees some of them honestly care about the job they are doing and put forth the effort for advancement but are passed by, for those more favored by management. we are your backbone of your company and we are treated poorly or that we do not matter. If you would pay according to performance you may find you have less of a turnover, we feel under paid and un appriciated.

2. "Truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Maverick USA (More than a year)

Pros

Good paying and home time

Cons

None at this time ok

"keep looking for a better comapany !!!"

Former Employee - Company Driver in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Maverick USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

only glass get enough miles to feed their family. they put you in nice hotels in training only because it's tax deductible. keep looking for a better company.

Cons

only 1200-1900 miles a week, every week. the give only white males and all females 2015-2016 but give blacks and Spanish 2012-2013. if you flat-bed or tcd you have to worry how bills going to get paid at home. when you home you fleet manager will call anytime day or night while you off. they want to drop off loads 12 hours early and wait 2-3 days for the next load. I was sleep at 0700 hrs at the main terminal and some lady name Monica woke me up to drop a load off 24 hours early.theres a reason they hire 35-40 people every sunday.they give you a test everyday for 3-4 weeks until you get your truck if you lucky if not you'll be on a greyhound going home. keep looking for a better company.

Advice to Management

treat everyone equal no matter of their color of skin. give everyone a fair chance. treat everyone with respect. with out drivers Maverick would make no money.

4. "Network Administrator"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Prosper, TX
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Prosper, TX

I worked at Maverick USA (More than 3 years)

Pros

Other departments have a great working environment.

Cons

The department I was in was not a fun atmosphere.

"Driver -- USA Division"

Current Employee - Company Driver in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Company Driver in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Maverick USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Based on what I've experienced, the equipment is pretty good. They try to stay on top. They seem to pay fairly OK.

Cons

They call themselves a "family friendly" company but will intentionally cheat you out of your deserved home time:( Holiday weekends working equates to no miles and a lot of time sitting at a truckstop:( You get no respect as a driver. Some of their customers are OK, but some I would drop in a heartbeat. They have technology installed in their trucks that actually make them dangerous:( Maverick chases cheap, heavy freight. I don't know how they're making it unless it's a well disguised money laundering operation:( I'm not happy here and looking for a different ride! My suggestion is to stay away!

Advice to Management

You need to get out from behind a desk and into one of your trucks suffering at the hands of some incompetent dispatchers!

"Used to be good"

Pros

Home when u want only if ur IC

Cons

Took money away from fuel, said it would balance out but didn't. Took money from o/o to give raises to everyone else in company. The money used to to be worth it, but not anymore! Not to mention they are over charging freight so it's slow...super slow. Left before they bankrupted me.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing drivers and give them back their hard earned money! Greedy people are going to run that company into the ground.

"Good, bad and ugly."

Former Employee - Maintenance Coordinator
    Former Employee - Maintenance Coordinator

I worked at Maverick USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some great people who work there and will help you as much as possible. If you're a truck driver, their training is out of this world and that's no joke. Mr. Williams is an brilliant and excellent business man with a great love for trucking.

Cons

Maverick is a very tight knit organization and they seem to keep some individuals longer than they should. I believe in a business, it should be based on numbers and quality of work, not who you know.

Advice to Management

I am a former employee who had better than average numbers and for some reason (that I wasn't explained) I was fired. I loved my time a Maverick and wish it hadn't abruptly ended, but I suppose that's the way it is. If given an opportunity, I would defiantly work for you again, just in a different department.

"Oh maverick glass division"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Maverick USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Trucks are nice when they work. Decent pay when you get miles , and sometimes you can find drivers that are good at telling jokes about maverick.

Cons

Very diverse paychecks... 300 dollars one week 1900 the next but more 300 paychecks here lately than anything.. glass division is a joke when it comes to home time, four weeks out then fuss at drivers about trying to get home. At every Blackhat meeting you ask how to keep drivers... well I think there is your answer. I just feel like the company I loved hasnow turned Into a company I will have to part with due to hard times paying bills.

Advice to Management

Pay the drivers enough money that they can take hometime without having there power shut off. As a fellow Blackhat I have heard this time and time again and now its happening to me. Possibly increase the weekly guarantee, maybe that will push more pressure to get freight, and when a driver is entitled that guarantee pay don't take 3-4 weeks to give it.. because sometimes food and water cant and won't wait that long

"All show"

Former Employee - Student Driver Regional in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Student Driver Regional in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Maverick USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The class room training is excellent best in the business but that's about it

Cons

The training is just to get legal documents after your on the truck that goes out the window, miles are not as said that would be given

Advice to Management

Stand by your word! Prescreen trainer's and make them stick to a strick training policy and training procedure.

"Otr flatbed"

Pros

The training is good long orientation but it's a lot of good information for someone just starting out

Cons

It seem like the training is the only good thing