Maverik Reviews | Glassdoor

Maverik Reviews

Updated April 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Good benfits depending on what store good people to work with (in 5 reviews)

• Maverik has an awesome culture, and lots of great people to work with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management refuses to listen to what is needed for making the stores products better (in 9 reviews)

• Which i will be entering litigation shortly) Low pay hours constantly cut to maintain a profit / labor ratio (in 5 reviews)

1. "Executive director of Category Mansgement"

Current Employee - Executive Director Category Management in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Executive Director Category Management in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverik full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, fun environment very easy to get along with everyone you work with. There is an energy and enthusiasm for growth.

Cons

At times the executive leadership is quick to change course without a built-in vision for the future. This can create extra work and often times expensive decisions for the company that are not in its overall best interest long-term.

"Don't flake on your employee's"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Maverik (Less than a year)

Pros

some of the best people I have worked with

Cons

company is so focused on becoming nationwide and taking care of it's customers that it does not take care of the front face of their company. they use all their people to take everything away from their stores and ensure that they can't be touched by previous employees. don't make any complaints because anyone above you will take you as a trouble maker. they have no people from the store level in the corporate offices. and if your hired or promoted above store level the rules don't apply to you; you can do whatever you want including stealing from the stores.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people, you don't want people leaving but you don't give the opportunities they need/want. Take every complaint and investigate promptly and don't cut your people off. Ensure that everyone follows your rules not just the store employees and always listen to the little people first not the people in charge.

Dec 5, 2016 – Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share some insight on your time you spent working for Maverik. Maverik is focused on growth and we realize that we will not meet our goals without the help and ... More

3. "Shift supervisor"

Former Employee - Cashier Supervisor in Carson City, NV
    Former Employee - Cashier Supervisor in Carson City, NV

I worked at Maverik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I gain experience in supervisor position. And the responsiblilities & duties that was required.

Cons

The store manager was not a good fit for his position. Very poorly ran.

Advice to Management

Find the right person for the job.

Oct 28, 2016 – Sourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your time at Maverik and for your over year of employment with the company. Maverik is constantly on lookout for strong leaders who have the ... More

"Unsatisfied"

Current Employee - Cashier in North Salt Lake, UT
    Current Employee - Cashier in North Salt Lake, UT

I have been working at Maverik (More than a year)

Pros

They sometimes accommodate requested days off.

Cons

Store manager won't talk to you if you make a mistake, poor training for both cashiers and management. Under staffed, no employee perks. Over worked and under appreciated by upper management. High turnover, I think it's due to poor management training. I currently work store #386.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration that the low level employees need flexibility and to be appreciated. We're on the front line and you don't seem to care. The attitude is that you can just hire a replacement. Train store managers in better relationship skills with employees.

Oct 26, 2016 – Sourcing Manager

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience working at Maverik. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate groups and teams to have the items you listed addressed. Thank you for ... More

"Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Store Director in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Store Director in Reno, NV

I have been working at Maverik full-time

Pros

Promotes from within, fun company, corporate actually cares about and empowers their employees, lots of benefits, lots of recognition.

Cons

Pay is below average, maintenance staff is under staffed and overworked, some of the store maitnance issues take way to long to resolve.

Advice to Management

Add another maitnance man to northern Nevada. Think about increasing wages across the board. (Not just management, cashiers as well) will help with our turnover rates.

"Developer POV"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maverik full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best work environment ever. Good balance work/life. Lots of opportunities to learn new stuff.

Cons

The company perks could be better and salaries are below the average.

Advice to Management

Take a look on employees promotions

8. "Fresch Manager"

Current Employee - FRESCH Manager in East Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - FRESCH Manager in East Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Maverik full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Maverik is helpful and a total pleasure to be around; from the adventure guides all the way up to the corporate office personnel. The higher ups sure dont mind getting their hands dirty, my district manager rolled up her sleeves and helped me make hoagies and wraps one day. it was so awesome. Jen you rock!!!

Cons

The workload can be a bit demanding at times, but it also can be done. Maybe one area that needs improvement is the corporate people should take more time to go around and meet all new employees atleast once.

Advice to Management

I appreciate all the hard work and effort and support each and every one has given me. the continued support and faith in me fills me with a kind of joy i just cant explain. its nice to be appreciated

"Okay"

Former Employee - IT Professional in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Maverik full-time

Pros

Plenty of Good Hard Work Available and a solid company that continues to grow

Cons

Fast Paced, High Stress Environment with things changing all the time. Average Pay. Not Much Room for Advancement. Okay place to get your feet wet for a minute.

Advice to Management

Value and show respect to your employees and treat them like they are a great asset. Show that you value and want to retain top talent instead of replacing it. It really is okay to show some honest appreciation for your employees. Create and have a vision and then inspire your employees to follow by example.

Jul 1, 2016 – Sourcing Manager

Thank you for sharing your opinion and observations about Maverik. Your feedback/suggestions will be shared with key leadership in the organization.

"Designed for you to fail"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Maverik part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many, I guess I could say the customers are usually nice. At least some managers care, but they don't tend to last long.

Cons

Constantly short staffed, constantly being blamed for problems caused by being short staffed, constantly having to wait days, weeks, even months for equipment to be repaired, expect to get written up for not completing jobs they give you neither the time or tools for. To be honest, I almost wonder if they aren't intentionally setting employees up to fail simply so they don't have anyone there long enough to expect raises or promotions.

Advice to Management

Start adequately staffing your stores and get on top of maintenance. Honestly, it is embarrassing working in a store where the same equipment is out of service for several months and nothing burns out employees more like writing them up for things they have no control over.

"Bull"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Boise, ID

I worked at Maverik full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Maverik for several years and loved my job. Maverik was the best and I tried to show it in every way that I could but unfortunately was gorse to leave by way of a store director. Maverik is great to work at and is a wonderful chain. Maverik had great befits and had amazing teams. I loved everyone in my area

Cons

Once you are in management you don't have a life and if you fall under a crooked store director you can't do anything. Even if you follow policy you can "offend" upper management and be blackballed from moving further in your career. And don't even mention if anyone in a higher position is breaking the law because their bosses won't protect your from retaliation. Maverik sucks that it treats its employees like dirt but holds its customers on a pedestal.

Advice to Management

If you believe that you can treat your employees like dirt pay them with dirt and let higher management get away with everything then this is where you want to work. I recommend that the vp and president of the company takes hard look at what is actually going on in your stores because what some of your store directors are doing is illegal and immoral.