Max Fashions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "About Company"

Current Employee - Senior Assistant in Coimbatore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Assistant in Coimbatore (India)

I have been working at Max Fashions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a best company to work and career Growth also its a best place to prove our talents and Skills.

Cons

Timings is the most problem and continue Shifts (1st , 2nd even night Shifts) but happens some times only. and sometimes management makes some issues.

Advice to Management

Please make sure keep the career growth who are eligible to get opurtunity

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Photographer in Mount Maunganui (New Zealand)
    Former Employee - Photographer in Mount Maunganui (New Zealand)

I worked at Max Fashions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful clothing, friendly staff, good commission.

Cons

Having to buy new clothing constantly. You always have to be dressed in newest season trends.

3. "Money hungry. Don't care about their employees or customers"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant
    Former Employee - Retail Assistant

I worked at Max Fashions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

50% off employee discount was good but in saying that, it was still highly expensive even with the discount. Ongoing retail training.

Cons

This company will go to any lengths to make a sale. We were forced to be extremely pushy sellers even when a customer blatantly didn't want help. We even had to add atleast 2-3 garments into a fitting room on top of what the customer had selected. There were numerous manipulative tactics to pressure people into buying things. Many customers would leave the store as a result of this. There was a tremendous amount of pressure on the girls especially if we didn't meet targets. There were times where the employees were expected to buy product with their own money in order to make budget. Management never knew what they were doing and were always overheard bad mouthing employees. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work in an environment like this.

4. "two years with the company was overall satisfying with good management in my store."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

Pros

Max was a good company to work for a brand that I loved so naturally enjoyed selling for.
    All staff employed at my branch where from all walks of life and have created life-long friends - great employment from manager who had to ensure all staff personalites fitted in with each other creating a welcoming friendly enviroment for customers to enjoy.

Cons

When change of owner ship happened the family enviroment changed to a more straight face enviroment.

5. "Great Fashion, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Great discounts (40% off retail), access to fashion products before to the public.
    Pre season viewings provide staff with product knowledge and an oppportunity to meet other staff from throughout the region.
    There is a credit scheme where staff may charge their uniform costs back to their own store credit, this is a scheme that is only available to staff - there is no credit scheme for the public.
    There are also regular customer evenings which allow staff to build stonger relationships with their key customers while being able to share their product knowledge.
    There is strong morale amongst the staff

Cons

Poor management and limited support both from within the region and nationwide.
    Poor pay compared with the rest of the industry.
    Staff have to purchase their own uniform out of their pay, they also have to renew their wardrobe every season, with ta 2 week period of crossover after which they can only wear new season stock. This poses a major issue when summer stock comes out in mid winter and winter stock comes out in mid summer.
    There are limited performance appraisals and staff are critiqued on their uniform each day.
    Staff also are expected to work unreasonable weeks, including 12 day fortnights

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what's going on in the regions, talk to the staff as well as the managers