Max International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Joseph Voyticky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Indecision causes issues"

Former Employee - Dates in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Dates in Sandy, UT

I worked at Max International (Less than a year)

Pros

Free products, vacation time, salary pay, departments are closely integrated and work together to achieve goals.

Cons

management and direction are lacking, multi-level marketing company that wants to convert to retail but unsure of exactly how to do so, decisions are made and then often reversed causing development to stop, senior leadership has a lot on their plate and sometime has issues remembering what was previously discussed.

Advice to Management

either be a MLM or retail company and stick with it.

2. "Interesting and Chaotic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are not strict as long as your work is getting down. Family kind of feel.

Cons

Lots of red tape and difficulty with streamlining processes

Advice to Management

fundamentals

3. "Aboard a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Midvale, UT

I worked at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Easy to get time off
    Decent Pay

Cons

Where to begin?
    Constant unresolved Shipping Issues resulting in angry customers
    Management is never around nor helpful if they are around
    People take hour long breaks while clocked in
    They hire based off what their resume says and not based off skills
    The company is divided by separate floors and they treat each other like dirt
    Company issues are reported but nobody cares to make changes
    I'm glad I left because this place is probably not going to make it much longer
    Co CEOs which means complete disaster

Advice to Management

Get your act together and make some changes before it is too late!

4. "Decent collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Analyst in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Analyst in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, not too much stress, management works to make the workplace comfortable and to facilitate what employees need to do their jobs.

Cons

Budget was tight when I was there, so it was sometimes hard to get some software tools I needed if they were expensive. I was trying to get a particular business intelligence software but there wasn't budget for it at the time.

Advice to Management

Not much. I would say continue to invest in getting the right employees as well as providing them with the resources to do their jobs. Continue to facilitate collaboration and employee involvement among different departments with events like lazertag and such.

5. "I like the company but not the people"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Midvale, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Midvale, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have food and snacks in the break room. No working on the weekends. They are very flexable. They seem to care about their employees. The job is super easy. There is usually no side work, if you are not on the phone, you are able to do pretty much anything you want.

Cons

I like the company, but the people you work with are worthless and lazy. I've personally seen guys and girls I work with take 2 hour lunches and 1 hour smoke breaks. Management does nothing about it either. The "account managers" sit and play Facebook games all day. I remember one time I called over to an account manager because one of their associates was on the phone asking for her. She didn't pick up but I knew she was at her desk. So I called her again, and once again, she didn't pick up. I then walked over there and she was on Facebook playing some bubble game. The "customer service" employees are lazy as well. They will stay logged out of the phones because they are too busy watching their TV shows on their computers. A LOT of gossip goes around as well, and you better be a part of it, because it not, you will be outcasted. I guess that's what you get if all the people you work with are in their mid-20's and have no education. I know I listed a lot of cons, but I do like the company. They treat their employees well, BUT I think many of the employees are really lazy.

Advice to Management

Have some structure for crying out loud. Your employees are lazy. If someone comes in 30 minutes late, do something about it. If someone isn't working, do something about it. I people are taking 2 hour lunches, do something about it. It makes it harder on the people that actually do work. Also, get rid of the "account manager" position because customer service ends up taking care of their associates anyways. There have been countless times when a silver or diamond associate has called me and they don’t even know who their account manager is. The account managers think they are big shots when they are really just customer service and make 14 to 16 an hour.

"Stable but uninspiring. Complete lack of corporate leadership. Great opportunity for Associates."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Max International full-time

Pros

Coworkers are cool and fun to work with. Good work environment in general with emphasis on appreciation for contributions. Upper management cares about their employees and Associates. The products are unsurpassed and change peoples lives. Associates are appreciated and valued.

Cons

No leadership from upper management. Executives lack a coherent strategy and seem incapable of setting, measuring and achieving non-employee created goals. They have no accountability but to themselves and thus feel no pressure to perform. These statements are meant for corporate success and not the success of Associates

Advice to Management

Stand-up and give yourselves public goals for company performance and make yourselves accountable for achieving (or not achieving) said goals. These goals must be your own and have an impact and you cannot blame external or internal influences for making or breaking the results. Concentrate on strategy and avoid the minutiae. No more pet projects.

7. "DREAM CAREER"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Max International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurship / Self Employment; Flexibility; Extensive Domestic / International Travel (including but not limited to Humanitarian / Educational Missions); Strong Network Team Support; Lucrative compensation plan

Cons

Sincerely, I dont have any Cons...

8. "Bad Management Harms the Company"

I worked at Max International full-time

Pros

Great backing for products, hard working entry level and mid-level employees, some exceptional managers. Offers good benefits and decent wages. Pretty decent overall especially in a right-to-work state like Utah.

Cons

Positives are hampered by incompetent or lazy managers in some departments who'd have to commit a federal offense or act of treason to get fired. Company is Multi Level Marketing so you'd better be comfortable with supporting that business model.

9. "Place would be bankrupt if it wasn't bank rolled by some bozo from New York"

Pros

Mid level employees are pretty good, overall.

Cons

I had a scathing review of leadership all typed out but it broke too many of glassdoor's guidelines, so here you go. This place is a nightmare and leadership are the worst of the worst.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves

10. "Customer care rep"

Pros

Some great people. Relaxed environment.

Cons

Serious lack of communication between customer care and the rest of the company. Almost impossible to get a raise unless you know the right people. Really mismanaged.

Advice to Management

Get new CEO and upper level management, it's a joke. Customer care manager is okay though.