Max Life Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Max Life Insurance Executive Vice Chaiman & Managing Director Rajesh Sud
Rajesh Sud

Pros
Cons
  • You have a trail period or P-Tas period to show them what you can do before you are actually a full time agent (in 5 reviews)

• Low Salary career opportunity growth plan (in 3 reviews)

1. "No independance"

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in New York, NY

Pros

Pretty good work life balance.

Cons

You get limited opportunity to advance, and people are superficial.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat in the management hierarchy. Too many high paid managers and not enough workers.

"Not a good overall experience."

Former Employee - Financial Services Professional in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Services Professional in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great flexibility with time, good money if you sell

Cons

all commission, be careful who you trust, have fun bothering your family and friends until they don't want to talk to you

Advice to Management

don't lie

3. "Horrible Work Environment - September 19th, 2014 Another "D" Day in Technology.....!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Max Life Insurance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't think of any real pros here except if your just starting out in your career, take full advantage of training and education subsidiaries.

Cons

Well guys, another major reorganization along with major structural changes will be happening at New York Life once again. There must have been 1-dozen similar changes which have occurred over the past 3-4 years and morale for those who have survived is HORRIFIC.

I'm talking specifically for the Technology Department.

Word of advise for all......if your under 55 years old, don't spend another minute at this company. Based on my work-life experiences, it generally takes a few years for the organizational changes to settle in. Well anyone with half a brain who works here can attest to the fact that Senior Management are trying different plans at the expense of peoples lives and ambitions.

Advice to Management

Senior Management = HORRIFIC! TERRIBLE!! If I were a bit younger I'd leave yesterday. So close to retiring I have to suffer through your inept Management style.

"Micro Management Du Jour!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Health benefits are a plus

Cons

Corp Management Looooves to Micro Manage everyone to death! It's like being in the military.

Advice to Management

Let your people work, trust that they are working hard and want the best for the team. It's not just your way or the highway there are many roads to success...apparently no one in management knows this.

"Worst company I have ever worked for, I was lied to since day one. I'm sure this company has lawsuits against them."

Current Employee - Agent
    Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Max Life Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can come and go as you please, no one to tell you what to do.

Cons

The training program is garbage. I did not have any sort of mentor while I work here. I am in shock at how horrible it is

Advice to Management

Next time you hire someone who is making 70K+ at his current job and sell him on coming over. Don't lie and say this is what you'll make and promise someone how easy it is, and say they are going to be a financial advisor. First off you are there to sell life insurance, nothing else. I had a very comfortable job and you pulled me away from it. Your training program is terrible, 2 weeks and then have fun!!!!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

7. "awful"

Pros

nothing is good about max life

Cons

bad management work pressure no promotion

8. "Pathetic, the enire channel of Direct Sales team got vanished."

Former Employee - Financial Planning Manager in Kolkata (India)
    Former Employee - Financial Planning Manager in Kolkata (India)

I worked at Max Life Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good incentive scheme. Good leave structure but Sales Managers do huge mal practice to curtail it.

Cons

people dont want to buy their costly policies which are so heavily burdened with policy admin charges that the investment becomes pretty bad. Hr and admin are really irrate they dont support sales team, and dont pay much heed to it.

Advice to Management

Please try to focus on company's mission and vission, at the year 2009, the entire hierarcy was changed and another pseudo position ASM was creted between FPM and DSM, so those who fulfilled the target for 6 lakh got the same promotion of Associate Sales Manager which confirms a target of 2,30,000 in 9 months. Such sordid scenario explains the poor leadership and management at top level. This place is not at all for high performers.

"poor work culture"

I have been working at Max Life Insurance full-time

Pros

Nothing as such..

lot of leaves on offer..but u may hardly have them

Cons

ill behaved people
    politics
    unorganised environment
    No work life balance
    no cab facility

10. "Worst company ever"

Pros

Good work culture but needs to come out of the traditional process.

Cons

Such a rules driven company that a person is not judged by his/her work but by their degrees and certificates.

Advice to Management

I would really advice them to come out of the defined structure and rules and look at the quality of the hired person, the real talent and not their past certificates and degrees..it will take your company nowhere

11. "Worst place to work"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

No Pros in working with max

Cons

There are many... do not go even on my word if you know anyone then hear cons from them... HR was used to strong but now it is a bucket of politics.... They hire people by posting fancy JD but when you start working your JD and role will be in 2 different directions.....

People can do only politics here and yes if any Max life insurance employee is seeing this review please add on as you would be having more...It was my worst decision to join Max

Advice to Management

Come and see ground reallity.... happy employee program can only be successful only when you conduct the survey and analyze the reality that half of the population are looking out for a change