Maxim Healthcare Services Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

William "Bill" Butz

"definition of ethic"

Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services for more than a year

Pros

best way to learn competence

Cons

amazing job at the point so good

Advice to Management

task duty from the top to left

Maxim Healthcare Services2017-11-15
  2. "Solid Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company for young professionals looking to enter into the Staffing industry.

Cons

Nothing major worth writing on here.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-12-11

"Get your experience and get out of there"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Will hire people without degrees

Cons

Very bro culture. All white males running the operation teams. Nickel and dimes external employees. The worst part is how behind they are on technology. They won’t buy any resources from the outside so they try to create it on their own...what they created doesn’t work.

Advice to Management

Stop with the bro culture and take care of the worker bees

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-01-17

"Recruiter"

Recruiter/Account Manager

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Place to learn how to recruit

Cons

Multiple lawsuits internally and externally, Homecare currently has lawsuits on their external nurses. Maxim also lost a class action lawsuit for not paying their internal recruiters overtime and forcing them to work more than 40 hours (you can google it - it's public information) HIGH TURNOVER. When interviewing ask the account manager how is the retention within the office/ Multiple layoffs, and to make it worst they cut the commission and pay for multiple divisions. Maxim is also very disorganized and do not train their recruiters.....

Maxim Healthcare Services2017-06-23
  5. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome culture and environment, super positive and upbeat people

Cons

No cons I can think of

Advice to Management

None

Maxim Healthcare Services2017-04-25
  6. "Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Exton, PA

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money only at management level, below is deplorable. Great starter jobs for right out of college , I have nothing else good to say about this company

Cons

Zero work life balance. Was expected to work 70 hours per week. After being promoted to run the office you are supposed to take on call as you see necessary, I was told by my Area Vice President that I should take it every other week. When I met my goals and was rewarded with a trip to Florida he said hello to me once the entire week. I was sent to training a year after I was promoted. Unacceptable.

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-10-15

"Hard work pays off"

Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services for more than 3 years

Pros

To preface: I work as an internal Maxim employee; stared as a Recruiter and grew into management. External employees (clinical healthcare professionals, such as nurses) will have a completely different viewpoint in these Glassdoor reviews than an internal employee. I hope this helps those of you who are searching for your next career move. Just like any good job, you should get what you put into it. Work hard, play hard, create your career. This is definitely the case with Maxim. Whether you come straight from college or have plenty of work experience under your belt, this company has the caring and resources to offer a true career and not just another job. Not only do various opportunities exist for career growth, the company focuses on exposing you to various career paths instead of a single line of succession. I've personally known several individuals within Maxim who actually created their next position by identifying an area for opportunity and presenting it to leadership. This type of drive is respected; when I was interviewing for my entry-level Recruiter position, I was [respectfully] clear that I was not there to be a Recruiter forever. If you have the aptitude to succeed, you have the opportunity to do great things. Aside from the professional development opportunities, other pros include: contributing to quality patient care, helping others find new employment opportunities, community involvement, competitive pay, a dynamic work environment, and you'll have no shortage of funny and touching stories to tell your friends and family.

Cons

Make no mistake: this work can be very challenging. When you are in the business of hiring and managing employees, there are plenty of variables that will leave you with good days and bad days. You will get frustrated, you will get discouraged, and at some point you will wonder, "is this the right job for me?" Your first six months or so will require perseverance. However, the positive here is that a trying environment like this typically weeds-out coworkers who may not have the drive to work as hard as you. There will likely be days with long hours; no successful person strictly works 9-5, Mon-Fri. There are busy times and slow times, but a solid work/life balance is easily obtainable. For Recruiters, on-call can be tiring. The on-call requirement should be no mystery to anyone interviewing for a Recruiter position though; you are told about it in your first phone interview with the company! Regardless, you'll see no shortage of reviews that complain about how awful call is. I totally sympathize with this, but you have to put-in your dues in all careers.

Advice to Management

Always listen to your employees. If your employees are getting burned-out, talk with them and identify the pain-points. Invest in resources to help address the growing demands in the healthcare industry. Celebrate wins and find ways to avoid losses.

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-07-18
  8. "Ok company to work for"

Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services for more than 5 years

Pros

Great values based company. Technology used was good. Overall an ok place to work

Cons

Often a good old boys club. Sometimes pushing individual agendas over those that benefit the entire group.

Advice to Management

What's good for one is not always good for all. Losing good employees over that doesn't benefit the company in the long run.

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-07-20
  9. "Great for professional starters"

Former Employee - Accounts Manager

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Lots of experience, great entry level management, fantastic people. Learned a lot about conflict resolution. Also right out of college not bad pay.

Cons

Long brutal hours, no pay on call, left hand often doesn't know what the right is doing. Lots of yes men in leadership. The expectations are not too lofty but you get little support once you are in a leadership position.

Advice to Management

If you would like to retain leaders you should start being more competitive in your pay wages. I knew lots of guys who were worked into the dirt and payed very little compared to what they were doing.

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-03-28
  10. "headquarters employee"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Occasionally, you are allowed to work from home. There is free food sometimes in the break room and the lobby. The company is attempting to fix the many problems throughout the organization.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are low, to at best average for the market between Baltimore and DC. Internal politics affects your career growth in the company. Certain managers are out of touch with the employees beneath them. There is a lot of disorganization and even pockets of unprofessionalism within the company. There is a lot of turnover in general at Maxim.

Advice to Management

Middle management needs to address the issues that cropped up on the internal company survey. You aren't inspiring workers to do their best when you continue to treat them as you have. The amount of turnover within your individual departments should tell you something.

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-01-31