Maxim Healthcare Services Behavior Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

William "Bill" Butz
  1. "Great services"

Former Contractor - Behavioral Health Technician

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services for less than a year

Pros

Maxim wonderful company to work for

Cons

Only reason I left. I had to relocate

Advice to Management

Great team

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-09-03
  2. "Not well organized"

Former Employee - Behavior Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good hours if you are able to work in the school district. Weekly pay!

Cons

The way hours are assigned if not in the schools, all the BCBAs had different requirements for data. Driving to the office to drop of time sheets weekly.

Advice to Management

Organize the BCBAs and make getting hours easier

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-12-29
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly pay IF they even schedule you.

Cons

Everything. Ignore emails, rude to employees when they try to follow up when not responded too. Don’t give the correct training, have you illegally being a para educator without the right certifications. Take you off jobs for having concerns. Don’t call you back or schedule You.

Advice to Management

Hire people that actually care about their employees and pay fair, equal wages.

Maxim Healthcare Services2020-01-07
  5. "Ok"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

School setting Is the best

Cons

Communication isn’t the best here

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-11-15
  6. "Great rewarding job"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work with great families and supervisors. Work with same families not switched around.

Cons

Needs more hands on training

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-07-17

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Responsive support team: Whenever I had a problem while with my client that required some guidance, the support staff at the office was very, very responsive. One call usually resulted in my BCBA being contacted, information added to the file, a check-up call after my session and a slew of other support protocols. I never had a situation where I called and was left hanging. - Welcoming environment: Onboarding was quick, smooth and I felt like I had a good introduction to the staff and to the BCBA's that I would be interacting with for my cases. - Lots of growth opportunities: I'm part of a committee to create and write a company-wide newsletter/resource for BT's. There are quite a few of these committee's, and there are a lot of other training and career advancement options available to BT's looking to grow. - Great pay: Can't complain about the pay, it was solid. Great benefits, good hours, the office staff is understanding if you need time off for mental health/sick days, etc. - Lots of placements: Maxim, from my perspective, has been working overtime to expand their reach in the Seattle area. This has resulted in LOTS of placement opportunities for BT's. Looking to work with younger kiddo's? Great, lots of choices there. Older kids? Perfect, I had 2-3 choices after onboarding for High School placements. - Managers are approachable: The head BCBA was very friendly, very approachable and always happy to talk with BT's. My supervising BCBA was diligent, friendly and always made time in her busy schedule to answer any questions regarding our case.

Cons

- Sense of community: There is a LOT of work going on behind the scenes to form a stronger sense of community at Maxim, but that is still in its incipient stages. It can feel a little isolating when you don't feel you know any of your colleagues. - Huge company, difficult to navigate: Maxim is...massive. There is a LOT covered during onboarding, but that one day of training really doesn't even scratch the service of what benefits are available to employees, how to access these, protocols, etc.

Advice to Management

Additional in-service training would be nice to help fill in gaps of what was covered during onboarding and what additional benefits/opportunities are available to BT's.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-05-20
  8. "Proactive company"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maxim is very considerate when placing you in a position and with a client. They will work with you to meet your needs as an employee factoring in location and comfortability. Communication is great and the management genuinely cares for their employees. They provide opportunities for growth within the company. They are understanding when you need to find a substitute.

Cons

The hours can be long and strenuous. Working full time to receive benefits can be difficult. It is very difficult to find substitutes. It’s understanding since the field has a small pool of people to find to sub in.

Advice to Management

Provide more information and explain further in detail to each individual employee the options on benefits specifically for themselves rather than the company as a whole. The tiers are tricky and confusing. Further explanation on them would be helpful.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-05-24

"So Long"

Former Employee - Behavior Technician in Dayton, OH

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The branch supervisors were good but the owner was not

Cons

The actual company didn't know anything about autism

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-05-27
  10. "Amazing growth"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Truly collaborative team, willing to hear options, very communicative.

Cons

Hourly pay with kids is always harder

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-05-09
  11. "Gotta be strong"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, you can stay working if you want

Cons

Staff is disrespectful Office staff are not aware and don't care about what employee does at work.

Advice to Management

Know your school cases and the dynamics of the classrooms. Dont place anyone where there us a need. That person m aww y not be skilled or willing to deal with the behaviors

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-04-15