Maxim Healthcare Services Personnel Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

0 Rating

"Worst places to work"

Current Employee - Personnel Coordinator

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

No experience required, pto is average. Bonus structure is unclear and very low but they have one.

Cons

No work force planning. AM pushes responsibility off on lowest members of the office instead of being involved. Docs forges documents, new hires have no training which results in compliance issues that are always someone else's fault. Promotion opportunities don't exsist. 60 hour work week required resulting in constant turn over. AM out of touch with work flow, compliance requirements, etc.

Advice to Management

Cut back the work week and have better workforce planning. You are losing top talent because of poor promotion opportunities and wasting valuable dollars training all new people to do a job when current internals have experience and require less downtime to learn the other aspects of the recruiting role. In addition to less down time you also retain the person who was filling the job you now have open. This means that they are still there to mentor and coach new hires as the learn.

Maxim Healthcare Services2014-05-15
  2. "Rewarding by means of career enhancement, but not a good work environment."

Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have good benefits. The skills I learned at Maxim facilitated in the growth in my career. Meeting family members that we serve.

Cons

Clarksville, TN office has poor leadership. The office environment is hostile. The AO ignores problems verses finding a solution to resolve them. There is no confidentiality with the open door policy. Unprofessional work relationships. There is no teamwork ( speaking operations side. ) Clinical had a great team.

Advice to Management

Incorporate some team building exercises into weekly meetings. Provide training on boundaries to leadership. Provide training on confidentiality with leadership. Provide training on conflict resolution with leadership.

Maxim Healthcare Services2017-03-24
  3. "Field Support"

Current Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Bayville, NJ

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office I work out of is really fun and easy-going. The atmosphere is way more casual than any of the other offices in our state.

Cons

Pretty much everything! I am overworked. My boss expects me to get over 50 hours of work done in 40 hours every week. I'm someone who keeps their nose to the grindstone and doesn't slack off, but it's never enough. I'm also paid half of what this position is worth at other companies. My position is just overall incredibly stressful and I get no support from my boss.

Advice to Management

Pay your internal staff better! We have ridiculous turnover in our office staff because of how tough the work is compared to how lousy the compensation is--and it's across the board for management and non-management alike!

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-08-07
  4. "Personnel Coordinator"

Personnel Coordinator in Valencia, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

Great work Family, Great office level perks!

Cons

Company Pay & Benefits Suck!

Maxim Healthcare Services2016-08-03

"Stay away from this company!!"

Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Benefits, Paid Time Off, Set hours M-F, Access to OT

Cons

Drama, very poor management who only care to cover their own butts, extremely high turnover rate, terrible short ineffective training but when things go wrong you are left to take the blame alone

Advice to Management

Hire people with management experience, stop showing obvious favoritism to certain office branches and help everyone succeed, stop the gossip and cliquey behavior and actually manage the offices, better management will help this company tremendously

Maxim Healthcare Services2015-06-18

"Unless you're desperate for a job, don't look here for one. You'll hate it."

Personnel Coordinator

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services

Pros

I get paid weekly. PTO is earned quickly for office staff. I can accrue lots of PTO and bank it but can only carry over 40 hours annually.

Cons

Office management refers to themselves as "Leadership" and supposedly leads by example. They call this Servant Leadership. But in the 5 years I've worked for this company I have yet to experience any true leadership in my office. Our recruiters are spoken down to as if they are incapable; our human resources and payroll specialist are not respected or even paid close to the going rate.....and all while the Leadership goes on all expenses paid trips to Florida and get other perks like wayyyyy to much pay!!! I have never met a SINGLE MANAGER in my 5 years at Maxim that is worth a cent and I have yet to work for one that shouldn't be fired immediately but they get away with murder while the rest of us slave away to get nowhere. There is absolutely ZERO CHANCE FOR ADVANCEMENT unless you are a recruiter. Sadly however you don't even have to be a good one.

Advice to Management

I will stay at Maxim until I retire because it's easy work and I pretty much come in and leave when I want but I hate it evey single day. I bet if you had an honest conversation with the staff in my office they would tell you the same thing. It sucks to be treated like what you do doesn't matter all while being told how vital you are. Words mean nothing....ACT LIKE IT. Give your HR staff better pay, better bonuses and let us go to FL!! We are the front line grunts making you all rich!

Maxim Healthcare Services2015-03-30
  7. "Discriminatory against single moms"

Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Eugene, OR

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tons of low paid experience.

Cons

Never admit that you have a family. You will never get promoted if they think you have "other" commitments. Violates wage and labor laws constantly. Nurses quit because they can't get paid.

Advice to Management

Get experienced management in the offices. The AM/AO should know and enforce employment rights for caregivers and beak periods for internals.

Maxim Healthcare Services2014-10-31

"Horrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Personnel Coordinator

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I enjoyed most of the people I worked in the office with, but some of the managers were horrible. That's about the only good thing I can say.

Cons

- Pay, I was extremely underpaid, I got a promotion after several months and was told they would try to give me a raise. They were able to get 50 cents approved and then after my first year there was a freeze on raises. They had the nerve to say well at least we got you that raise when we could. Considering all the responsibilities I had and the constantly changing policies I had to try to keep up with, what they were paying me was a slap in the face. - Policies, these constantly changed, you could be in compliance and then out of compliance within a few weeks. Nothing consistent, but you were expected to always be in compliance. - Management, pretty much a good old boys club. Like many others have said the management and supervisors mostly just wasted time in their office pretending to work while the recruiters and other office staff slaved away actually working

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice that they would listen to. Upper management is completely bought in on what an "amazing" maxim family they have.

Maxim Healthcare Services2014-07-29

"Don't work here if you enjoy being sane!"

Current Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Bel Air, Stafford, VA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get paid, you get free coffee, there is filtered water, the bathrooms are decent, you get your own desk and your office is probably near your home.

Cons

This company expects you to do a $60,000 job for a fraction of the price! The policies change too frequently and rarely ever make sense. Managers do nothing except pretend to work and reprimand you for mistakes. You are never praised and there are few opportunities for advancement (which I wouldn't take even if offered). This job (in my case office-level human resources) will make even the most happy and sane person very depressed and CRAZY! I look for new employment daily!

Advice to Management

They would never listen to the "minions".

Maxim Healthcare Services2014-06-29
  10. "It depends on where your office is located"

Current Employee - Personnel Coordinator in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

there is a lot to learn

Cons

high stress and a lot of compliance to worry about

Advice to Management

Area leadership is not as present in branch offices as they should be.

Maxim Healthcare Services2013-10-17