Maxim Healthcare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Maxim Healthcare Services CEO William "Bill" Butz
William "Bill" Butz

1,465 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • office staff is pleasant to work with (in 62 reviews)

• Weekly pay is the best thing Maxim has to offer (in 48 reviews)

1. "RBT review"

Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with working with your schedule, competitive wages and offer raises as length of employment increases, willing to train people with no experience, great supervisors and nice office personnel

Cons

Can be an isolating job and sometimes scheduling makes it difficult to get full-time.

Advice to Management

I would recommend having meetings with field staff or meetings where the BT's can meet the other person on their case. This may help BT's feel less isolated and help clients if the BT's are on the same cases can be on the same page.

2. "Pros/Cons"

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule - plenty of hours

Cons

No paid time off until 5 years employment
    Stagnant hourly wage, no cost of living increase

Advice to Management

Yearly review should include monetary compensation for excellent performance

3. "Registered Nurse- PRN"

Former Employee - Staff RN in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office staff at Silver Spring and DC offices were very friendly and pleasant to work with. Nurses team were a great group of people as well. A lot of opportunity for work as a flu nurse during flu season in addition to some available wellness events. Reimbursement for long distance mileage and picking up supplies. Work not very challenging but interesting and rewarding. Clients were also a pleasure to work with. Great way to supplement your income.

Cons

Sometimes supplies shipped from corporate were not adequately stocked which would create problems during clinic events. Since former wellness/flu manager was promoted, clinic scheduling became less organized and clinics seem to be less available.

Advice to Management

The Maxim wellness/flu department has a lot of potential to be an asset to the company with knowledgeable and dedicated nurses. A greater investment in the resources and compensation of personnel in this department, is likely to yield an excellent return by attracting and making more and more clients loyal to the Maxim Health and Wellness Brand.

4. "Behavior Technician"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee recognition is great if you're positively reinforced by attention on social media. Surveys given periodically ensure the upper management are still thinking about the needs of the workers on the front lines. Decent pay. More supervision than some clinics, and all behavior techs are both RBT's and CBT's. Paid weekly.

Cons

Lots of daily paperwork and forms, which isn't convenient if you live far from the field office. You don't get paid milage but you drive a lot. Biggest con is the amount of $ I spend making my own materials and printing everything each client needs daily, not to mention the never ending need for new reinforcers, activities, and games for the kids. The hours can be unpredictable, but if you speak up they will try to get you more.

Advice to Management

O. B. M practices would go a long way.... And PTO - it's strange that we don't get it (Separate from sick leave which is a new mandatory thing in WA), everyone deserves a vacation, especially someone who is in this field.

May 17, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We are developing an app to eliminate paperwork, so we hope this makes your job easier in the future. I will pass your comments along to management. Maxim appreciates your... More

5. "LVN Position"

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

The agency works well with your availability and makes sure you are comfortable with your work environment and patient.

Cons

The case I am on has been fluctuating with my work hours, which of course I wasn’t aware of before taking on this case

May 18, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. Please let the office manager know about the lack of communication that occurred. We do not want our caregivers perplexed in regards to their assignments. Maxim appreciates... More

6. "Overall very good"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clinical supervisors are champs. Easy to work with and concerned about your assessments. Schedulers work hard to keep you happy and busy. Management Teams is accessible and helpful. I have no issue with how the support staff goes to bat for the field staff.

Cons

The pay is generally low end. That being said nurses are underpaid. I know that support staff is essential for overall operation but without your people in the field the revolving will keep spinning faster and faster. That state of turnover looks bad to clients and inhibits the recruiting of your field staff. Don’t forget it’s hard to throw a rock in this business and not hit at least 3 other healthcare agencies who are trying to steal your best talent.

Advice to Management

Keep listening. Your eyes and ears are on the street. Pull your field staff in, ask questions, listen with an open mind. You will be surprised at what you learn.

May 15, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the care and passion you give to our patients. Your review will be passed along to management. Regards - Steven

7. "Business Development Manager - Homecare/Pensacola,FL"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve worked for Maxim for 7 years and have been given great opportunities for career growth. Company invests in your development and gives you all of the tools needed to succeed. Making a difference in our patient’s lives is truly priceless.

Cons

You get what you put in but there is no limit to the success. There are hurdles and constant changes for improvement, you must be adaptable and willing to learn from mistakes.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a positive culture and networking opportunities between peers and mentors. Invest in and appreciate the employees that are here for the long run.

May 14, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We are happy to have you on the Maxim team. Regards - Steven

8. "Lpn"

Current Employee - LPN- Private Duty in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - LPN- Private Duty in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great office support for nurses out on the field, flexiable hours

Cons

Pay, benefits, lack of advancement for LPN

Advice to Management

Improve pay rates and offer better benefits (i.e. pto waiting 5 yeara is alot and then you only give 1 week)

May 10, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We will pass your comments along to management. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the company. Regards - Steven

9. "Great place for a new nurse"

Current Employee - LVN
    Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The nurse manager is awesome and will always answer any questions you have.

Cons

Team managers sometimes forget that you went to school, have bills and need to make a decent living. They at times low ball for salaries. Be firm.

Advice to Management

Remember to see us as humans and not just a number towards target goals. Great people in the office, it's just at times the "salesmen" side comes out.

May 9, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the review. We do appreciate your work, as we know caregivers like you are the heart of the organization. Regards - Steven

10. "recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything! no complaints. I love my Co-workers and the work environment.

Cons

none. I enjoy every day at work and the advancement potential of my career.

May 9, 2018 – Digital Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to have you on the team.

Showing 1,465 of 1,577 reviews