Maxim Healthcare Services "office staff" Reviews | Glassdoor

Maxim Healthcare Services Employee Reviews about "office staff"

Updated 9 Nov 2019

3.2
Maxim Healthcare Services CEO William "Bill" Butz
William "Bill" Butz
Pros
  • "All office staff are accommodating and understanding of needing time off of work(in 82 reviews)

• "Weekly pay, great answering service(in 62 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "office staff"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great home health agency to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

The office staff are respectful, courteous, professional, and friendly. I've been working for Maxim for 9 months now. They're training is great and nursing supervisors are always willing to help you when you're uncertain about anything. You'll be working with a great supportive team.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons about working for Maxim

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-10-28
  2. "Real Perspective"

Current Employee - LVN in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time

Pros

Maxim has been through a lot as a company, yet is still standing.To me, that says a great deal about a company's resilience and willingness to change. This company provides an ample amount of training and education for the caregiver. If you have questions, getting a hold of someone is relatively easy. If you have the proper training and skill, there is some room for advancement. Office staff is always super polite... and in a pleasant mood.

Cons

-PTO or lack thereof -Cutbacks (e.g.: reduction in the amount of paid holidays). -Appraisal system

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-11-09

"Poor support"

Former Employee - Nursing in Manchester, NH

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

they have flu clinics now

Cons

Terrible pay. Many other companies are more progressive. Schedulers are unreliable. Favoritism with assignments. Non medical office staff encourage behavioral issues with families. Not supportive of nurses and treat them as disposable.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-09-13
  4. "Flexible hours, poor management"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, easy to get time off, friendly office staff

Cons

Poor pay, poor communication between office, supervisors and nurses, no stability, no PTO, no holiday pay, poor employee retention

Advice to Management

Value your employees and make them want to stay. Fix your communication issues, I have worked at 2 different offices and have had the same problems.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-08-22

"Truth Time From a 10 year Veteran"

Current Employee - LPN- Private Duty in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The only place I have ever worked where you can set your own schedule without a hassle. You don't work with anyone you don't want to work with (clients), office staff are all very nice people. I have never seen discrimination based on anything, race, gender, religion or anyone's personal beliefs about anything.

Cons

The pay is terrible, my wages are $.50 higher than 10 years ago when I started, making this a dead end job. The health benefits and very expensive with very high deductibles, costing as much as a house payment every month. Constant short staffing on my case for a year and a half. Which is fine for picking up extra days, but has been very, very hard on the family. They are losing hours they are entitled to and... have become exhausted without the help they need, and that's when all current nurses show up for scheduled shifts and pick up extra shifts to "help out".

Advice to Management

Pay better, get much better health benefits for your care givers and fill the hours on each case so the family gets what they are entitled to and the nurses can take time off when needed ,or just go on vacation without leaving the family to fend for themselves. To be fair, accepting the low pay and lack of usable health benefits, that is on me, I can always find another job. However, it's an epic fail for Maxim... to have fallen into an attitude of acceptance that a case is not properly staffed. Currently that includes a lack of 1 regular part-time nurse and someone trained for filling in when needed. This has gone on for 18 months now, with no promise of any relief in sight. Seriously, we can do much better than this for our clients. Also, the occasional gifts from the company to the nurses like for nurses week and other random times, just save the money. What we need are the above problems addressed and solved, then we will feel appreciated.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-08-07

"Mediocre at best"

Current Contractor - Licensed Practical Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services for less than a year

Pros

The recruiter I've been working with is very friendly, office staff seem pleasant. Have only just made it to orientation..

Cons

So much miscommunication it is highly unprofessional. I was told that I would have an assignment, and at orientation it was found out that the child was not even going to be managed by Maxim, therefore leaving me without a permanent assignment. Once the upper nurses and recruiters and whoever else found out, it was like they were afraid to tell me. One of them told me not to run, just to be patient. The fact that... this happened so early on is a huge turn off to the company and shows incredible disorganization. I am in the process of applying to other jobs still due to the fact my trust in this company is significantly low. Also the commute was terrible given Atlanta traffic, and the case was extremely heavy for me being new to this type of nursing. Benefits are a joke, over $200/wk (yes, per week), for coverage for myself and children. Definitely not worth it, especially with 0 hospital inpatient coverage.

Advice to Management

Communication is key. Please work on this.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-08-03

"Good work environment"

Current Employee - CNA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff and always eager to help you with any problems you might have. All office staff are accommodating and understanding of needing time off of work

Cons

Healthcare is not affordable. No bonuses given. No raises are given. No vacation time or PTO

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-07-10

"would not recommend"

Former Contractor - Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Maxim Healthcare Services for more than a year

Pros

patients are nice to work with

Cons

as with as anyone job there are pros and cons... lets just say the cons definitely out weigh the pros. They office staff was consistently inconsistent.... Try to change pay rate on you, was not honest about raises, paycheck was frequently wrong, benefits are sub-par for nursing, training modules are outdated and hard to access. Was made to feel many times that they only cared about having a warm body in place, felt... they didnt care about nurses or patients. In working there over 2 years not one single time did I ever get a call back from management.

Advice to Management

Perhaps become more available to outside staff, re-educate office staff and get them all on the same page, i shouldn't get 3 different answers from 3 different staff members for same question. Coach on professionalism. Try to obtain better benefits for your nurses. Should not take 2 years working to get 8 hrs pto time(grossly below average) , you guys are not competitive with benefits.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-07-19

"An opportunity for growth and community!"

Current Employee - Certified Behavior Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maxim Healthcare provides amazing and friendly professional development both at home and with instructors. All courses taken were provided with plenty of time and opportunity to ask questions and analyze potential intervention opportunity you may be faced with in the field. Mentors are experienced, knowledgeable, patient and kind. Administration/Office Staff are fast acting with anything brought to their attention... and the chain of command makes redirection easy if you are ever confused about where to go with a problem. I've never had an issue that I did not feel supported in by either my educational mentors or the office team. Maxim has a social network community that makes it easier to connect with others in your field of work. This network is an incredibly inclusive idea and opportunity to anyone working one on one with individuals who require higher than average amounts of emotional and physical support.

Cons

The on boarding process was long (orientation is done in groups and held on as often as is legitimately possible- if you do not already have your certification from the government you may be waiting a few weeks for orientation itself plus another month to receive your certification in the mail. Waiting on certification has nothing to do with Maxim.. but the long waits to orientation are known to be frustrating to... those who need more immediate work. Maxim Healthcare does not have an extensive substitute staff system. This mean when you miss work, regardless of whether it is a school contract our in home support- your client goes without services that day. Vacations will typically need to be planned around school breaks. Vacation pay does not begin until one year of service with Maxim Healthcare Having telephone interviews made for some unanswered questions and confusion... post interview it is a good idea to write a follow-up email confirming agreements, requirement and expectation discussed in the interview.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-05-27

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Behavior Technician in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I have been working at Maxim Healthcare Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Responsive support team: Whenever I had a problem while with my client that required some guidance, the support staff at the office was very, very responsive. One call usually resulted in my BCBA being contacted, information added to the file, a check-up call after my session and a slew of other support protocols. I never had a situation where I called and was left hanging. - Welcoming environment: Onboarding... was quick, smooth and I felt like I had a good introduction to the staff and to the BCBA's that I would be interacting with for my cases. - Lots of growth opportunities: I'm part of a committee to create and write a company-wide newsletter/resource for BT's. There are quite a few of these committee's, and there are a lot of other training and career advancement options available to BT's looking to grow. - Great pay: Can't complain about the pay, it was solid. Great benefits, good hours, the office staff is understanding if you need time off for mental health/sick days, etc. - Lots of placements: Maxim, from my perspective, has been working overtime to expand their reach in the Seattle area. This has resulted in LOTS of placement opportunities for BT's. Looking to work with younger kiddo's? Great, lots of choices there. Older kids? Perfect, I had 2-3 choices after onboarding for High School placements. - Managers are approachable: The head BCBA was very friendly, very approachable and always happy to talk with BT's. My supervising BCBA was diligent, friendly and always made time in her busy schedule to answer any questions regarding our case.

Cons

- Sense of community: There is a LOT of work going on behind the scenes to form a stronger sense of community at Maxim, but that is still in its incipient stages. It can feel a little isolating when you don't feel you know any of your colleagues. - Huge company, difficult to navigate: Maxim is...massive. There is a LOT covered during onboarding, but that one day of training really doesn't even scratch the... service of what benefits are available to employees, how to access these, protocols, etc.

Advice to Management

Additional in-service training would be nice to help fill in gaps of what was covered during onboarding and what additional benefits/opportunities are available to BT's.

Maxim Healthcare Services2019-05-20