Maxim Integrated Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Maxim Integrated President and CEO Tunc Doluca
Tunc Doluca

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Learning a lot in my current role and enjoying the work life balance that is offered (in 27 reviews)

• Good benefits and working environment (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance (could depends on department of course) (in 16 reviews)

• Upper management had become very dictatorial and also indicated that the well-being of the company's employees was no longer of high concern (in 28 reviews)

1. "Not a good company anymore"

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

The company lost its direction to grow the revenue. Upper managements look out of depth and has no clue what they need to do to improve the company. No R&D investment, just cost cutting in order to grow the margin which is not good in the long term. We are not an innovative company anymore. Just like a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

Just leave otherwise sell the company since it will make no difference anyway.

2. "Could be better place to work"

Pros

Benefits and location vacation stock purchase

Cons

Management and aging tools. Used to be employee oriented but changing for more for profit and cutting back on things that founder valued

Advice to Management

Treat people right and they work harder. Good training and following best practices would improve the atmosphere. Keeping good workers would result in better productivity

3. "Maxim Oregon Just SUCKS!"

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A handful of good people there, coffee, and health benefits?

Cons

Extreme politics, butt-kissing, and terrible management at the top in especially production.

Many people have left this place after new management came to town with their Cheap Labor strategy of flushing out experienced people to bring in lower wage workers. Mandatory OTs because experienced employees found better jobs elsewhere and new temps won't stay. The compensation is terrible and annual reviews is all about favoritism. Supervisors have been shuffled around to different shifts and some of them just quit altogether.

You won't get a decent wage here and they're so desperate for cheap labor that they're putting hiring signs out on the sidewalk and running radio ads to lure in newbies.

Advice to Management

Terminate yourselves and let someone who actually cares about their employees run the company and morale would be so much better!

4. "MTS, Applications"

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

Great talented team of Engineers, pleasure to work with.

Cons

Upper management, no true leadership, endless re-org, seemed like a trial an error to get the revenue up by laying off people every single quarter without knowing the situation on the ground.

"No Vision"

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Facilities, Vacation rates

Cons

President of Company - No Vision
    Living off past products

"Maxim"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing good about this company.

Cons

The management needs to be removed/

Advice to Management

Go back to high school.

"A once great company and now this"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people to work with
    Lots of opportunities to grow

I worked for Maxim for 20+ years. In the beginning when the founders were still there it was an intense place to work but you learned a lot and they paid extremely well. Present day is another story. On the positive side they do a lot of training and there are an endless amount of opportunities to work on projects that grow you, which is great. At least in my area which was Automation, IT and PROMIS.

Cons

Incompetent management
    Review system that encourages capriciousness from management
    Lack of recognition of work

After the founders left and the new crop of management took over Maxim changed markedly. I was always amazed how Maxim managed to always promote the most difficult and incompetent engineers into management. Of course there are a few good managers and executives but the vast majority are there to line their pockets at the expense of those who work for them. They will work you to death and then take the credit for your work. Something I experienced and saw happening to my co-workers. Management is capricious and generally makes working there something akin to being in a salt mine. There are just too many cons to fully list here. Basically it comes down to a toxic environment that no one should be subjected to. Don't walk from your interview, run as fast as you can.

For those reading this and you have decided to join Maxim go in with your eyes wide open and expect to get ran over by your management since they don't care about you. For those who are looking and haven't joined there are numerous other companies you could join and I strongly advise you to go find one of them and not let Maxim suck the life out of you.

Advice to Management

I might come across as a disgruntled ex-Maximite and yes I am a bit on the bitter side. Considering all I did for the company and how I was treated the last few years I think I have a right to be a bit upset. My advice to you is quit taking advantage of the people who work for you.

"Once upon a time great company, lost its way."

Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Principal Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Still a few good engineers left. Good pay. Fairly decent benefits. Deceit work life balance.

Cons

Bean counters, program managers, and human resource department have replaced best in class analog engineers. This company has truly lost its way. Small design centers with top notch engineers shutdown, and replaced by offshore vastly inexperienced engineers. Endless layoffs, reorgs and offshore outsourcing. Company is falling apart, won't last much longer. Core group, the company cash cow, has been ruined. Web site so difficult too use they have less then a 1% hit rate on samples. No matter where you turn, it's a mess. Moral is in the toilet. Been here since1997, it's very sad to see the company so poorly managed.

Advice to Management

Retire, and don't take everything with you.

"Toxic Company & Culture"

I worked at Maxim Integrated (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited opportunity to identify and drive improvement for those motivated to navigate the complex politics and survivor mindset.

Cons

Seems anyone that has worked there >18 months has an example of terrible review process and corresponding negative compensation/career impact - whether it be experienced personally or by a close peer. The environment is a bit chaotic, poor business processes at best, plenty of posturing and in-fighting - and generally a toxic workplace.

Advice to Management

Invest in a 3rd party willing to accurately assess employee trust (*specifically* employee trust) and provide recommendations to drive improvement in same.

"Cost cutting is top priority"

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Company makes profit.

Cons

Cost is the top priority on every decision made in the company. The result is overworked employees. Limited access to new technologies. Suffocating work environment. You'll need the health coverage to support the stressful life. I wouldn't work at Maxim if I have other options.

Advice to Management

It takes money to make money. Loosen up your purse string will make employees more productive.