Maxim Physician Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

William (Bill) Butz

1. "Examiner"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Good company to work with

Cons

None to note in terms of cons

Advice to Management

None

"Great place to start your career, just wouldn't stay too long"

Former Employee - Physician Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Physician Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with internally, laid back environment, fewer hours than working on the nurse staffing side, great place to learn the basics of recruiting, comp plan is still decent, just not what it used to be. Everyone likes to drink and have a good time - even on the company stock trip.

Cons

Instability!!!! In the past year, Maxim the parent company has had several changes that have affected their business lines, honestly it feels like they are going broke, and they don't communicate with their employees or providers, everything is a big secret. They cancelled all the Christmas parties, fired almost the entire C-Suite and upper management that had been with the organization for years, the "expensive ones." The Corporate level management excluded the in house management from being part of any decisions that were negatively impacting their employees and then either fired or demoted all the leaders who didn't "hop on the ship", most of whom had met or exceeded all their goals throughout their tenureship with the organization. There is no opportunity for advancement - literally 2 people were promoted the whole time I was there. There are no raises - they say if you want a raise, make more phone calls, even to keep up with inflation and cost of living. Benefits are pretty standard. Comp plan is not bad if you're new to the industry, if you know what you're doing, don't bother - go to Delta where you get the culture and you get PAID! It seems like MPR is turning into what Maxim Staffing Solutions has a reputation for being - a "boys club" where overworking and underpaying their recruiters is the norm, there was actually a law suit about employee hours in 2009 in California. They also got in trouble with the office of the inspector general for defrauding the government via medicare/medicaid so all internal and external employees must take recurrent training regarding fraud, harassment and proper business etiquette - try selling that to a doctor! When I first started at MPR, there were people who had been there 5, 8, 10 years, almost all of those people are gone now. The company did an entire reset and pushed out almost everyone who knew what they were doing except for a select group of 9, 6 recruiters and 3 account managers, who were offered to more than double their base to keep them on board. People are constantly worried they are going to get fired. Maybe that will all settle out under the new leadership? But if they follow the principles of MSS, my guess is it will get worse.

Advice to Management

Good luck, I hope it works out for you. I wish you the best. I just wish you had more appreciation for your employees, ALL of your employees. You don't make money unless they do their jobs well, and happy employees work harder than scared ones.

"Grateful to be gone from Maxim."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Physician Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Through most of my tenure at Maxim, I was afforded the opportunity to make a six-figure plus income with the only limitation being my personal level of effort. That has changed and the latest shift is toward younger and cheaper labor.

Cons

The leaders and the managers at Maxim Physician Resources are so very far in over their heads in terms of maturity and skill-level that most of the general staff considers them a joke. Morale is low and nobody seems to work very hard.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is not fit for print.

"Welcome to the Titanic"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

Pros

45 minute smoke breaks are the norm.

Cons

By far the most unprofessional work environment I've ever been around. The desk tops only go about 8 inches tall so you see, hear, and smell every obscenity. The lack of privacy at your desk is supposed to support mutual teamwork, encouragement, team building, YEAH RIGHT!!!!
    Money used to be good here but changes have made this job a perfect job for a non-motivated college grad that now needs a job.

Advice to Management

Start making some "dials!!!!" instead of pretending you "understand recruiting" when you haven't done much in at least 5 years.

6. "Good option for those needing schedule flexibility"

Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in Denver, CO
    Current Contractor - Nurse Practitioner in Denver, CO

I have been working at Maxim Physician Resources as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent hourly rate (no bennies, though). They don't mind if I negotiate my schedule with the facility. Online training so there are no trips in to the office.

Cons

Limited number of contracts working only with adults available in my area. My agent does not seem to have the autonomy to fully represent me.

7. "Neutral review"

Pros

Flexibility, casual work place, great coworkers

Cons

Unorganized, petty management, disrespectful recruiters

8. "Physician Consultant"

I have been working at Maxim Physician Resources full-time

Pros

Morale is the best I've ever experience at a company. From the VP down to the Director down to Management they are very positive and upbeat. Great energy in the office. Capability to make tons of money.

Cons

Credentialing support is extremely understaffed and underpaid for their work. Consultants have to obtain weekly timesheets for payroll. At this point with technology, there's got too be a better way to do that automatically. It would save time and help curb data entry mistakes.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Pay your support staff more money. They are crucial to the business.

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Physician Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Maxim Physician Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great managers, unbelievable support by the director and VP, endless earning potential, commission is high compared to industry standards, great health insurance, strong support staff, flexibility in schedule, good mix of young and old employees that make a great atmosphere and you are paid weekly along with commission

Cons

This job can be stressful but it is fun. The base pay is a little low compared to other companies but if you have a strong pipeline it makes up for it in commission.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The company is growing like crazy and with all the healthcare changes its only going to grow.