Maximized Living Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Love the Mission"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Maximized Living full-time

Pros

I think this is a great place to work, the people are inspiring, the work place encourages health (I lost 60 lbs while working there) and the passion is evident everywhere you look. I love the mission that they teach and the idea of health that they want to spread to the community. I know that being a faith based practice can turn some people away but this place was very welcoming of all ideas. If anyone is looking for a change in their lives this is a great place to find it!

Cons

There really were no cons. Every office is a bit different but the one I worked in was absolutely amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep up the positive environment!

"Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Maximized Living as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff and fun atmosphere. Free adjustments and discounted supplements. I got to meet a lot of very nice people and created long lasting relationships.

Cons

No pay. Never was paid more then a small monthly bonus ($100-200) the whole time I worked there. Was expected to work 40-60 hours and everything revolved around "stats". Seemed more like a fraternity then a business. Lots of gossiping and egos. They preached that they were "saving lives" but it seemed more about money and patients visits numbers. Seemed like the franchise was going under considering all the turnover aND and clients leaving.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth. You can't expect to take take take with little in return. Your mission can be amazing but stepping on people won't get you there.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

Pros

The only pro about Maximized Living is the genuine love that the chiropractic clinics who sign up to be part of Maximized Living have for helping people. Unfortunately, many of these clinics have no idea what a mess the corporate office is and follow Maximized Living blindly even though the focus of ML isn't about saving lives... but about turning a profit.

Cons

The two founders of the company absolutely DO NOT get along. They both have completely different visions for success and their "goals" for management and the overall company is unattainable. The company has gone through three different CEO's in the last three years. (So if that doesn't speak volumes on lack of sustainability and poor culture... I don't know what does.) The latest CEO they hired is one of the most difficult people I have ever worked with. His leadership style is based on fear, racist comments, condescending conversations and abuse. I have no idea how he has gotten away with half the things he has said or done over the last year... but I guess it pays to be "on the board" and CEO.

Many of the people who work at Maximized Living corporate feel strongly about living a healthy lifestyle... the problem is though that the corporate environment is so toxic it is impossible to have any sort of balance.

With the founders who constantly fight in front of employees, poor leadership, serious reputation problems (just google Maximized Living... you will see for yourself all the scam claims,) cash flow issues, scared employees who worry about losing their jobs daily and the horrific culture (I could go on and on) this is a place YOU DO NOT WANT TO WORK AT. Bottom line, STAY AWAY from working here. I promise you will thank yourself for reading this review and staying clear from this company who is in a serious company crisis.

Advice to Management

Clean up your act! You are supposed to be LEADERS... start acting like it! Be kind, gracious, accept differences, be open to new ideas, stop letting a select few client doctors influence your every move, hire leadership who want to learn as much as they want to lead and allow the people you hire to CHALLENGE you... that is why you hired them in the first place. They are experts in their roles for a reason... trust them to make good judgement calls and if they make a mistake... do not crucify them just for your own pleasure.
    Most importantly, try to remember why you started this company in the first place... not to make millions but to HELP people. You need to start with acknowledging the people who bust their butts every day to keep Maximized Living afloat. If you do all this… you MIGHT have a chance of saving this company from imploding… if not, this company will end like so many others… bankrupt and forgotten.

"Long hours. Low pay. Positively impacting lives though."

Former Employee - Chiropractic Assistant/Office Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Chiropractic Assistant/Office Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Maximized Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Travel to Florida or Colorado for training was fun when it could be afforded by the practitioner. Free chiropractic care for you and your spouse and/or children. Discounts on supplements. Overall positive health values that you extended to your well-being as well as the patients. Depending on the clinic, your job duties will line up with your interests. For example, marketing tasks or patient nutrition consultations. It really is satisfying when you see a patient that has a very positive experience whether it is getting out of pain, losing weight, getting off medications, or eating better. I loved the patients and that is the number one reason I came to work every day!

Cons

The revenue goal bonuses at the clinic I worked at were out of reach for me for over a year and during that time, I received a $1.00 raise per hour. I started at $10.00 and ended at $12.00 an hour during the two years I was employed.
    The ML clinics have long hours and require weekend work frequently. There is often no work/life balance for the rate of pay and the amount of work you are tasked with. Another con are the split shifts (Example, Mon 8a-10a and 3p-5p). No benefits, retirement, etc. And, lastly, little room to deviate from the 'scripts' that the corporate office wanted you to use on a daily basis when interacting with patients during the different stages of their care. It could become very mundane and sometimes, even, an insult to one's intelligence.

Advice to Management

Address con's above.

6. "Great concept/product, poor design/leadership."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Celebration, FL

I worked at Maximized Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have access to a wealth of information on how to live a healthy lifestyle. Travel to Denver, Colorado once a year.

Cons

No performance reviews for employees to improve from/upon. Very little career advancement opportunity (70% turnover rate). Little recognition for achievements/goals met. Coercion to live a "Maximized Living" (chiropractic/organic/fit) lifestyle through weekly health meetings, emails, etc...

Advice to Management

Explain, concisely, to department heads exactly where you are taking the company and then let them head in that direction with their talent/skills you hired them for. Do not insult employees personally.

7. "All management is handled by the CEO"

Pros

Excellent health advisory company that provides end-to-end support for newly graduated chiropractors

Cons

The CEO controls all management decisions. Managers with direct reports rarely last one year.