Maxons Restorations, Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 2, 2020

3.6
Maxons Restorations, Inc. President and CEO Damon Gersh (no image)
Damon Gersh
  1. "Great Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Camaraderie is amazing people really care about each other and the people we serve

Cons

This is a stressful business and when things get busy tempers flare. Also when things get busy it becomes apparent who the hard workers are and who coasts.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2020-04-02
  2. "2 stars is generous"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some really nice people around the office.

Cons

micromanagement, low salary (especially compared to rest of industry), CEO is never in office, health benefits are sub-par and they have a TERRIBLE PTO policy. I understand some of this is b/c company is so small, but the way they treat employees really leaves something to be desired. There is screaming and door slamming undermining, gossip, etc. Almost all the good employees have left.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2019-06-07

June 12, 2019Chief of Staff

Appreciate the feedback. We'd encourage you to speak to a member of management or the advisory team to offer suggestions or items management can look into to make your experience more positive. The business is on its way to having a great year and we certainly want to make sure all members of our team feel a part of that.

3. "The people were good to work with"

1.0

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time

Pros

Staff, summer outings, holiday party, summer Friday’s.

Cons

I don’t have a lot of pros for this place. The salary is extremely low here and they tried to make up for it with incentive programs that didn’t benefit the whole company. There is little room for growth within departments as they tend to hire outside when a position opens up instead of hiring from within. Upper management is rarely available and shows very little leadership unless it’s infront of a company meeting. The only pro is the staff is amazing here despite the low pay and stressful atmosphere.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2017-10-20

October 23, 2017Director of HR & Operations

We'd like to thank you for this feedback. Maxons does strive to create compensation plans that reward our core values, and we appreciate suggestions towards improvement.

4. "Good Company, Lacking Solid Structure"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Summer Fridays, Company Outing, Quarterly Bonus

Cons

No Maternity/Paternity policy, no real room for growth

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2017-08-02

August 7, 2017Director of HR & Operations

Thanks for this feedback! In late 2017 we did institute a child bonding leave policy that remains in place now. We continue to give our staff opportunities to share opinions for improvement, and many of those have been instituted.

"Great place to work!"

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time

Pros

Some micromanagement, business development (sales) can't work from home, unnecessary admin work and conference calls.

Cons

Family feel, good support, easy to work with everyone most of the time. Recognized by hard work. Everyone puts a lot of effort to organize parties and get togethers.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2017-03-07

March 8, 2017Director of HR & Operations

This is some really great advice about follow ups! Thanks so much for this! Looks like on this one the pros and cons field might have been switched!

"Great Company to work for."

in New York, NY

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. for more than 5 years

Pros

Going to work in this family feel environment was special. The people are friendly and like family. Always lots of support from piers and management. We worked hard and played hard too. Fun events with quarterly awards created great teamwork. I miss it.

Cons

Travel into the City can be difficult from time to time.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2017-03-02

March 8, 2017Director of HR & Operations

Thanks for this great feedback! We'll continue our efforts in making sure people get to escape and enjoy their personal time!

"Family Feel - Busy Environment"

4.0

I have been working at Maxons Restorations, Inc.

Pros

This is a company where if you don't like to do the same thing day in and day out that won't be a problem here. Every new job has it's own set of challenges so no two days, conversations, customers, etc are the same. Family environment feel, you spend a lot of time with your co-workers across all departments so you know everyone. Office parties, holiday parties and outings plus quarterly full staff meetings gives you a chance to see everyone from all offices.

Cons

A high-stress job as you're dealing with emergency response situations to damage in homes/ commercial spaces. A lot of people with time demands and a lot of emotions come into play. Work/life balance is okay depending on the department you work in/ the title you have as some positions require you to have a work phone and a time period where you are on-call for a week. This can cause additional stress to those with these particular job requirements but they are a part of the industry we are in. Compensation could be more on-par with other companies in the industry.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2016-10-10

February 23, 2017Director of HR & Operations

We thank you for you thoughts! Positive acknowledgement is certainly a priority for us and we want to make sure that we continue to focus on it! This feedback is really appreciated!

"Maxons Restorations"

I have been working at Maxons Restorations, Inc.

Pros

Great company atmosphere. All departments are very interactive, which I find to be a really great benefit. Also, our CEO is pretty available and has an open door policy which makes presenting big problems a lot easier.

Cons

Dealing with upper management tends to be a little difficult. They are not always available and tend to push problems off when they need to be handled right away.

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2016-10-14

February 23, 2017Director of HR & Operations

This is great feedback - our most recent employee survey also highlighted the need for Upper Management to be more involved with the staff, to be more available. We look forward to making these improvements.

"Regional Manager"

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company! They are a wonderful group of people who are able to do great things!

Cons

It's certainly a lifestyle however the good things about this company makes up for any cons

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2016-06-03

"Great group of people!"

Current Employee - Director Human Resources & Ops in New York, NY

Pros

Maxons is full of wonderful people who truly get to help others each and everyday. There is a good set of core values that are used as touchstones whenever business decisions are made. Results are goal driven and plans are created to reach goals.

Cons

There is stress, but because teamwork is so strong everyone is very supportive during stressful times!

Maxons Restorations, Inc.2015-12-29