Maxons Restorations, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Maxons Restorations, Inc. Reviews

3.7
Damon Gersh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time

Pros

Some micromanagement, business development (sales) can't work from home, unnecessary admin work and conference calls.

Cons

Family feel, good support, easy to work with everyone most of the time. Recognized by hard work. Everyone puts a lot of effort to organize parties and get togethers.

Advice to Management

Follow up with what is said in weekly meetings. There's no point for weekly meetings and weekly emails if no one follows up with what was said.

Mar 8, 2017 – Director of HR & Operations

This is some really great advice about follow ups! Thanks so much for this! Looks like on this one the pros and cons field might have been switched!

2. "The people were good to work with"

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time

Pros

Staff, summer outings, holiday party, summer Friday’s.

Cons

I don’t have a lot of pros for this place. The salary is extremely low here and they tried to make up for it with incentive programs that didn’t benefit the whole company. There is little room for growth within departments as they tend to hire outside when a position opens up instead of hiring from within. Upper management is rarely available and shows very little leadership unless it’s infront of a company meeting. The only pro is the staff is amazing here despite the low pay and stressful atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Grow your staff from within and actually listen to what they are saying. Sending company surveys out and ignoring everyone when they say pay is so low and they are struggling is something you really need to listen to. Those surveys we took were a waste of time when all the negative comments were ignored and dismissed.

Oct 23, 2017 – Director of HR & Operations

We'd like to thank you for this feedback. Maxons does strive to create compensation plans that reward our core values, and we appreciate suggestions towards improvement.

3. "Good Company, Lacking Solid Structure"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Summer Fridays, Company Outing, Quarterly Bonus

Cons

No Maternity/Paternity policy, no real room for growth

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the opinions of your staff

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of HR & Operations

Thanks for this feedback!
    In late 2017 we did institute a child bonding leave policy that remains in place now.
    We continue to give our staff opportunities to share opinions for improvement... More

4. "Great Company to work for."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

Going to work in this family feel environment was special. The people are friendly and like family. Always lots of support from piers and management. We worked hard and played hard too. Fun events with quarterly awards created great teamwork. I miss it.

Cons

Travel into the City can be difficult from time to time.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make sure everyone gets a stress break. A real one.

Mar 8, 2017 – Director of HR & Operations

Thanks for this great feedback! We'll continue our efforts in making sure people get to escape and enjoy their personal time!

5. "Family Feel - Busy Environment"

Pros

This is a company where if you don't like to do the same thing day in and day out that won't be a problem here. Every new job has it's own set of challenges so no two days, conversations, customers, etc are the same.

Family environment feel, you spend a lot of time with your co-workers across all departments so you know everyone. Office parties, holiday parties and outings plus quarterly full staff meetings gives you a chance to see everyone from all offices.

Cons

A high-stress job as you're dealing with emergency response situations to damage in homes/ commercial spaces. A lot of people with time demands and a lot of emotions come into play.
    Work/life balance is okay depending on the department you work in/ the title you have as some positions require you to have a work phone and a time period where you are on-call for a week. This can cause additional stress to those with these particular job requirements but they are a part of the industry we are in.
    Compensation could be more on-par with other companies in the industry.

Advice to Management

Take time to acknowledge employees individually more regularly. Quarterly staff meetings are great for those who win awards and are recognized but those who have worked hard and go unrecognized at each meeting deserve some focus and limelight shined on them as well.
    Be more transparent about decisions being made that can impact multiple people rather than keeping things quiet and letting people question upcoming changes that may impact them.

Feb 23, 2017 – Director of HR & Operations

We thank you for you thoughts! Positive acknowledgement is certainly a priority for us and we want to make sure that we continue to focus on it! This feedback is really appreciated!

"Maxons Restorations"

Pros

Great company atmosphere. All departments are very interactive, which I find to be a really great benefit. Also, our CEO is pretty available and has an open door policy which makes presenting big problems a lot easier.

Cons

Dealing with upper management tends to be a little difficult. They are not always available and tend to push problems off when they need to be handled right away.

Feb 23, 2017 – Director of HR & Operations

This is great feedback - our most recent employee survey also highlighted the need for Upper Management to be more involved with the staff, to be more available. We look forward to making these... More

7. "Regional Manager"

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company! They are a wonderful group of people who are able to do great things!

Cons

It's certainly a lifestyle however the good things about this company makes up for any cons

8. "Great group of people!"

Current Employee - Director Human Resources & Ops in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director Human Resources & Ops in New York, NY

I have been working at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Maxons is full of wonderful people who truly get to help others each and everyday. There is a good set of core values that are used as touchstones whenever business decisions are made. Results are goal driven and plans are created to reach goals.

Cons

There is stress, but because teamwork is so strong everyone is very supportive during stressful times!

Advice to Management

Continue to build strong bonds with staff.

"A good company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Maxons Restorations, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees, birthday cake, experiences, variety, benefits, quarterly awards, parties,

Cons

Pay should be on average with other restoration companies, better incentives, stressful environment dealing with emergency situations, rude customers,

"Low Pay, No room for growth"

Pros

Company has a family atmosphere. Great company outings.

Cons

Low base salary
    No room for growth

Jun 22, 2016 – Director of HR & Operations

Since 2013 Maxons has taken great strides to develop incentive compensation plans for the staff and we have gotten great feedback about these programs!