Maxtec Reviews | Glassdoor

Maxtec Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2020

3.8
Maxtec Chief Executive Officer Bruce Brierley (no image)
Bruce Brierley
  1. "Great to work for"

Former Intern - Regulatory Affairs

I worked at Maxtec for more than a year

Pros

The people who work at Maxtec are awesome The founders (CEO and CFO) truly care about their employees The company is growing well

Cons

There really aren't any that come to mind

Maxtec2020-02-11
  2. "Fantastic Environment"

Current Employee - Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Maxtec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Boundless - There are a number of different roles you can perform at a company of this size. This can be a good and bad thing depending on your work style, however, I found it to be a great characteristic! You can truly learn different departments, their focus', their needs, and it assists you in your own position 9/10 times when you work on future projects. Growth - There's a lot of room for growth, especially if you put in the time for it. When you see your end-of-month budgets/goals being hit, it feels really rewarding. The Team - Easily one of the best teams I've had the opportunity to work with. Most of the employees here are "All In" and you can see that every day you go into work.

Cons

IS - I think some of the internal systems could be updated, whether it's programmatically speaking or whether it's an individual's work station. I was fortunate to have updated information systems, but there are certain work areas that could be improved upon with the latest program update (so to speak), which would allow for the flow of processes to really thrive.

Continue reading
    Maxtec2017-07-18
  3. "Growing Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Maxtec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some aspects of this company may be seen as a Pro or Con depending on personality type and work preference. Versatility- One thing I personally liked about this company was the ability to get involved in multiple areas and get a feel for what it is like to work in different departments and in different roles. Along with this management was very supportive in helping me get training to better do my job and provide me with tools to further my career. Culture - Top management makes a sincere effort to make the work place a fun and comfortable environment with company events and parties. Also because this is a smaller company it is nice that ideas can be floated to the top fairly easily without many layers of bureaucracy to go through. Opportunity - If you are a hard worker and asset to the company you will be recognized and rewarded for it. Creativity and good ideas are appreciated. Growth - Maxtec is not a large company and does not have a large management structure so it may seem that there is little room for growth "within" the company but there is most definitely some decent opportunities to grow WITH the company. They have some really good products and growth potential on the horizon. The Bottom Line- I left Maxtec at the end of 2016 because I had an opportunity that they could not feasibly match. With this said if the opportunity was right I could see myself going back someday. I am still in contact with most of the management and many of the team members there and am welcomed with open arms anytime I stop by.

Cons

Job Function- If you want to do a job that has a very narrow focus with a specific set of tasks that don't vary much from day to day this is probably not the place for you. Large corporations are really the only place with positions like that. Hours- Because they are a small company the hours can be a bit "on demand" meaning that sometimes nights, weekends and holidays are expected. Vacation Time- Company policy for vacation time being earned through time worked at the company is a bit of an old concept that successful companies are moving away from. Culture- There is a perception that management plays favorites with certain departments or employees. Well that is probably true to an extent but it happens everywhere. Different people and personality types take a different approach and it can be damaging to morale at times. I feel like this is more a consequence of being a small company than anything. It is the same or even exaggerated at large companies but is less visible due to departments being more insulated from one another.

Continue reading
    Maxtec2017-07-14

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews