Maxwell Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Maxwell Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A great deal of autonomy is afforded once one prove's oneself.
    The working conditions are good and the morale is relativley high.

Cons

Like every company I have ever worked for, it is more important to make the sale than it is to qualify the customer as a appropriate fit for the software being sold.

Advice to Management

Stop selling software to companies that either don't really want it or certainly will not benefit from it. If it's not a good fit, have the integrity to walk away.

2. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - QA Test Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - QA Test Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Maxwell Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bold decision-making on behalf of management by hiring Accountants and teaching them software development and QA testing!

Cons

The Agile transformation was adopted after I left.
    A little too command and control still
    Could use a better work life balance

Advice to Management

Remember a happy employee is a productive employee. CEO Jim Flynn is a great leader to work for and a good man personally.

3. "management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Maxwell Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

A paycheck, nice people to work with

Cons

Old school company. Low paying and very unconcerned about their employees

4. "A Loyal, Well Intentioned Company Always For Sale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at Maxwell Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Terrific Co-Workers. Room for Advancement and Environment

Cons

Huge sepration between executive and Mid-Management. Lower end of pay scale and terrible work/life balance

Advice to Management

Hopefull with the Aquisition by Viewpoint some of the Cons will get resolved. It is a time to grow leadership where there isn't any.

5. "West coast company driven from the east coast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at Maxwell Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training, education, open sharing of knowledge. Lots of opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

Typical tiered east coast management style. Interaction between departments (I.e. support and engineering) prohibited.

Advice to Management

Promote collaboration and everyone will win.

6. "Lots of ups and Downs"

I have been working at Maxwell Systems full-time

Pros

Steady pay-check and the employees are really nice to get along with.

Cons

The pay for insides sales is a joke and there is a lot of turnover. They kind of wing-it with alot of sales processes. Customers are dodged and lied to.

Advice to Management

Nothing now they were acquired by another company

7. "Challenging / Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Maxwell Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Quick to act and open door policy throughout the organization. Good place to have an impact.

Cons

All Managment seems to be shifting to KOP HQ location. Pay is on the low end of scale for jobs.

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that take care of you.

"Maxwell is a place of many opportunities for motivated employees"

Current Employee - Finance Specialist - Order Fulfillment in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Maxwell knows that to stay on the top in this economy, you have to invest in two ways - People and Technology. Keeping their employees happy will impact their customers. It is a fun atmosphere at work while also a continuously changing environment. They listen to and encourage new ideas - our CEO and CFO have open doors to listen to anyone anytime. We try to move from making customers satisfied to Wowing and delighting them. We offer the most advanced technology in the construction business by combining the worlds of estimating and accounting. Our customers can use one software product, end to end within their business, from take-off to cash, in addition to accessing the latest in project management tools. I'm proud to be one of the Maxwell Family.

Cons

This environment moves continuously - this is not a place for any person that doesn’t like change. This is not a company where you have a routine job that will bore you after a while. I've been in my role for more than 5 years now and I'm still learning new stuff: new ways to do my job faster and with less effort. If you are hungry to learn, like efficiency, love to have new adventure every day at work - this is a great place to be.

Advice to Management

1- Create more competitive challenges across departments with prizes, to foster closer relationships and bring out the best of your employees.
    2- Have monthly brain-storming meeting across departments to listen to problems and jointly solve it. This will promote team problem solving and lessen blame-placing and finger-pointing. Invest more time in fixing problems and ensuring they won’t happen again, not just on inspecting the problem.
    3- Keep investing in your employees education, training, and knowledge; they are the key to your success.
    4 - Grow additional formal Quality Assurance post-sale – within Support, Services, and any other department that directly impacts our customers. Be Proactive and not just reactive. Keep listening to our customers.

9. "Innovative, driven environment - exciting place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Maxwell is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for a "career' as opposed to a "job". There are countless opportunities to raise your ideas and affect positive change, not only in your specific area but throughout the organization. Management is focused on investing generously in their employees, customers and product!

Cons

As in any thriving environment where progress is constant, there is often a need for rapid change and reassessment of processes, needs, and goals. This fast-paced atmosphere is not for everyone! If you are looking for a 9-5 job where you're expected do the same thing every day and keep your mouth shut...Maxwell is not for you.

Advice to Management

Better leverage social media to reach more customers, employees, prospects! Ensure continued improvement of response time/issue resolution/follow-through for our customers.

"Great culture, I would highly recommend Maxwell as a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sarasota, FL

Pros

There are many employees who have been with the company for a long time. This makes a statement about the company, everyone is dedicated and professional. The newest software is the latest and greatest technology and offers a single solution for the construction industry. The different departments work excellent together and you can always find someone to help. Senior management’s energy is contagious and they share the vision of the future with all employees.

Cons

There are many seasoned employees but they are not afraid of change and embrace it. Sometimes you need to work past 5:00 but being salaried and commission I don't mind if it means more money in my pocket.

Advice to Management

Continue to go into the trenches with your employees. It is refreshing to know that upper management understands the trials and tribulations the employees encounter. Keep promoting from within based on merit it pushes us to work harder.