KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mazars

Is this your company?

Mazars

Add a Review

Mazars Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 10, 2021

Found 85 of over 2,422 reviews

3.7
Mazars Chairman & CEO Victor Wahba
Victor Wahba
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and the pay is the same as the big four at trainee stage(in 84 reviews)

• "Agile working environment and friendly staff(in 62 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Managing work life balance become difficult(in 42 reviews)

• "Long working hours due to the nature of the audit industry(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Mazars

Join the conversation on

Accounting

1m

works at

EY

Could anyone share what the hours/salary/culture is like at Mazars compared to big4?

12 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Mazars and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Public Firm

Oct 5, 2020 - Audit Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mazars is a great public accounting firm to work for. This is because of the people. I enjoy working with all of my peers, they are professional, respectful, patient, kind, and fun. I have been able to learn and grow professionally because of the great environment that Mazars has created.

Cons

Mazars is a public accounting firm. The nature of public accounting requires longer hours, which can make work life balance difficult.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Mazars Response

Talent Acquisition Team

Thanks so very much for your great review! We are so glad that you are having a good experience with us. We do pride ourselves on our collaborative and professional culture and we do strive to also make it fun, so I'm glad we're succeeding. Please continue to enjoy and hopefully, all our busy season perks will help alleviate some of the stress that comes with working in public accounting!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Average workplace

Dec 8, 2020 - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Travel benefits are nice and the casual work attire when in office. The people are also very nice.

Cons

Work life balance, compensation, and lack of transparency from management.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Mid-sized Firm

Nov 22, 2019 - Audit Associate in Fort Washington, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Compensation is very competitive, good benefits too - Flexible hours, remote working policy, - Great work atmosphere, supportive culture - everyone wants you to succeed - Work/Life Balance is better than most in public accounting - Expectations are clearly outlined - Management consistently asks for and acts on employee feedback - Opportunities to work overseas

Cons

- Like any public accounting firm, the hours can be long during busy season (nothing crazy though)

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee

STAY AWAY

Dec 11, 2019 - People in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work/life balance at the very least (except during busy season, and then you will not have a second free for yourself)

Cons

-No training and development - management does not care about your growth, and there are no real promotions for the operational business groups, just professionals -Not a good workplace for women - women tend to bully other women, and the men bully both men and women -Toxic teams, resentment, pettiness -Cliques are terrible -No cohesive organizational culture -Workplace politics gets in the way of doing your job -There is so much dysfunction, I've heard people screaming at each other -No respect or support for people who are trying to learn and grow at the lower levels - if you are at a lower level, DO NOT COME HERE, there is no growth -They are so cheap they don't have people come clean frequently, so the office is dusty and gross You can find a job elsewhere.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee

It's OK

Jan 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

a lot of exposure to different types of tax issues compensation is decent great place to start career

Cons

medical is costly uneven distribution of work throughout groups favoritism among upper management and associates poor work/life balance "team environment"

1 person found this review helpful