McAfee Reviews

Updated May 14, 2021

3.6
McAfee President and CEO Peter Leav (no image)
Peter Leav
Pros
  • "Excellent work/life balance and great people to work with(in 269 reviews)

• "Diverse and inclusive work culture(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life Balance is not good when you work with team around the world(in 38 reviews)

• "Lots of change in upper management(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of McAfee and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Great place to work

Jun 29, 2020 - Business Analyst in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at McAfee are the BEST. Managers really care about about their employees and HR is doing a really good job showing that they are concerned about the employees well being with the current situation and allowing all employees to work from home. Also, McAfee benefits are one of the best in the industry.

Cons

Nothing to add at the moment.

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

great place to work

May 13, 2021 - Senior Software QA Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

great place to work for

Cons

at times work pressure is too much ...

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed bag

Mar 6, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers in the Consumer business. There are some really smart, driven, caring people here. Not too much ego or people trying to duck out of work, although there’s some of that nonsense at any job and everyone (except their managers) always knows exactly who they are. Benefits are good. When we were in the office, it was a nice space with lots of natural light, a gym, free fruit, and stuff like that. Quarterly bonuses in addition to annual is nice.

Cons

There’s no path for me so to grow professionally. I will have to leave to progress. I don’t even mean getting a promotion, I mean being able to do new or cutting edge things. Nothing against McAfee. They have bigger problems to fix so my function is needed but immature and going to stay that way for a while. I don’t want to keep doing the same thing forever. It’s a good job so hopefully a better opportunity for whoever comes after me.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to work

May 14, 2021 - Build Engineer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, all my managers have been awesome, lots of flexibility, company has performed well

Cons

Lots of leadership turnover, we've had some layoffs, I could probably get more money elsewhere, new hiring seems focused only in India so it can be tough integrating/collaborating with teammates on opposite time zones

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros and Cons

May 11, 2021 - Commercial Account Manager in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to learn from very sharp minds

Cons

Can't think of any cons

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Place to work

May 10, 2021 - Threat Researcher in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency, employee empowerment, good bonuses

Cons

Better pay, more training, culture could use some work in some areas

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work for McAfee

May 7, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for McAfee

Cons

Work may be gone to other country

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away from HR

Apr 22, 2021 - Talent Acquisition
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great name and reputation. Committed to being relevant to todays security needs. Strong consumer market presence. There are many wonderful people to work with.

Cons

My criticism of McAfee is specific to HR, where leadership (CHRO & VP's) is a tight clique that is unwelcoming to ideas and or people from the outside. Incredibly high attrition rate. People work there for 1-2 years and move on. There is an unhealthy obsession with diversity that results in men being over looked for promotions and opportunities. Plus they are unwilling to invest more into diverse hiring practices. In my two years there, I only had 1 skip level meeting. Horrible reporting tools/process yet a constant demand from leadership to produce data snapshots and reports. Work life balance was a constant challenge because the team is overworked and under staffed.

4 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best of Times, Worst of Times

Apr 12, 2021 - Senior Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pros are all in the past, leadership team is not what it use to be. When Chris Young was there that is when we had leaders that cared about people. New CEO is smart and did what he was hired to do. But at the expense of the people.

Cons

Executive Management do not care about their people. Very secretive company, driven by HR leader who puts her team and power first, even when it does not make sense. Great to be part of a protective team, but fear based leaders will never be what motivates and gets a company to move forward. Employees did not benefit from IPO, all about paying off private equity.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to grow

May 2, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is always room to grow

Cons

I have no bad things to say

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,745 Reviews