McBride Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2019

4.7
McBride Homes CEO John F. Eilermann Jr
John F. Eilermann Jr
  1. "Wouldn't Change a Thing"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for McBride for 4 years now, and coming to this company was truly a catalyst for some of the best progress and experiences in my life. In this position as sales manager, you get back what you put in - so being a self-starter who thrives on achieving goals can lead to some pretty incredible results. One of the most impressive things about the company is how personable the relationship is between sales..., design studio, corporate, and management. There is transparency, emphasis on growth, accountability, and real effort towards maintaining a positive and fun work environment. Regarding the sales position itself, it is incredible to sell a product that you stand behind. I am constantly impressed by the integrity of leadership at every level. There are no grey areas in terms of protocol and expectations, which helps to provide stability for home buyers during one of the biggest purchases of their lives. In my experience, all of this leads to homeowners who feel validated, appreciated, and most important, happy.

Cons

The requirement of working weekends may be perceived as a con, but honestly I love it. Because you're off for 2 days during the week you don't have to use up your time off for obligations such as doctors appointments.

McBride Homes2019-09-09
  2. "An AMAZING company to work for"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for less than a year

Pros

They care about their employees in all aspects! They make sure your hard work and dedication doesn't go unnoticed. They make sure you have a work/life balance. It is a very team oriented work environment!

Cons

Can't say I have any :)

McBride Homes2019-08-23
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Fenton, MO

I worked at McBride Homes part-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working for McBride. I was very lucky to have an amazing supervisor. She taught me so much in the short time I was there. If I did not move out of state I would still be there as it is a great company to work for.

Cons

None that I know of.

Advice to Management

Take care of your managers who in turn will take care of their assistants.

McBride Homes2019-08-20

"Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I don't think this job is a fit for everyone or all personality types. For me though, it is a fit. I don't mind working weekends, I love the process of selling new homes and meeting new people, as well as the challenges that come along with it. I have been with the company 4-5 years and I've had years I've made a small amount in commissions but then I've had years that I've made over 200k. So overall the income... potential is fantastic, but you will not excel in this position if money is your motivator- you have to be one of those crazy people that loves sales!

Cons

At times, there can be things that are frustrating and out of your control. Work hours can be demanding, and if you are busy/selling a lot, it is extremely difficult to get a real break from work, even if you're "on vacation".

McBride Homes2019-06-03
  6. "Fabulous Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative, empowering, generous, transparent, most successful builder in Missouri!

Cons

nothing nothing nothing! I have never seen such an amazing company!

McBride Homes2018-12-13

"Sales Manager at the Largest Home-builder in Missouri, great combination"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best Locations, Awesome Value, Quick Turnaround, Great Customer Service / Satisfaction. McBride has been doing this for over 70 years, and as a member of the sales team, you get an opportunity to greatly benefit from their market share, expertise, and high sales volume. My quality of life has been greatly improved as I came from Restaurant Management and the auto industry.

Cons

In the equation of pluses and minuses, I can't really say I would suggest anything to change. Some people may not like working on the weekend, but as a sales representative, I wouldn't stay on the sidelines while customers are present, and the weekends are when customers like to look for homes!

McBride Homes2018-11-05

"Welcoming Working Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Employees are welcoming and inviting, which makes you enjoy coming into work • Coworkers quickly become your friends • Exciting outings and events throughout the year, including happy hours, holiday parties, etc. • Great 401K benefits, the company has a high match of what you put in

Cons

• Communication is tough at times with employee's busy schedules • Work/Life balance is off sometimes, tasks on nights/weekends are occasionally expected

McBride Homes2018-09-18

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at McBride Homes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great management team that cares about their employees. Good benefits and bonuses. Rewards very often, from the sales team to corporate employees. Lots of fun events for the employees. Friendly (like family) environment. Expect to work hard but play hard!

Cons

No cons, so far - seriously. I'm sure McBride Homes has some bad pockets in it here and there, but this is an amazing job, an amazing opportunity, and the biggest thing I have to complain about is that it's a little chilly in our building. I can live with that.

McBride Homes2018-08-27

"Large turnover"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McBride Homes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company that you get to know everyone, even faces at other satellite offices. Good insurance and company events Good employees that will help you learn the all activities

Cons

Entry level pay for construction managers. Sales staff get paid much more than their managers. Hours M-Sun for the most part since sales happen on the weekends.

Advice to Management

Higher entry pay to keep management staff.

McBride Homes2017-11-18

"Sales Assistant"

I worked at McBride Homes part-time

Pros

The hours are good and the environment is usually pleasant.

Cons

As an assistant I only get an hourly wage rather then any part of the commission from home sales.

McBride Homes2017-08-24