McCalla Raymer, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Very middle of the road"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

More stable than a lot of other firms dealing in foreclosure, boss was fun to get along with, coworkers were closely knit, some chance to rise in company ranks

Cons

A lot of office drama, low pay

2. "I would not give even 1 star!"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and vacation time ( hard to take)

Cons

Chaotic place with micromanagement and drama. Stressful environment with lots of deadlines. High load of work.

3. "Like being in an abusive relationship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay and perks, like dinner cruises and monthly happy hours but....

Cons

All the perks were tools used to downplay the abusive culture of the firm.

4. "Best Legal Assistant Job Ever!"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Legal Assistant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management engages and interacts with staff regularly and good performance is rewarded.

Cons

Foreclosure work is stressful and clients can be demanding.

Advice to Management

Communicate mergers sooner with us before we hear the rumors.

5. "Paralegal"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were a lot of business development activities.

Cons

No job security, poor management

"It used to be a decent place to work..."

Former Employee - Court Results Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Court Results Clerk in Chicago, IL

Pros

I met a lot of awesome, fun people working there. Seeing them every day made it much easier to deal with all of the stress and anxiety brought on by the job itself.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. They do not believe in work-life balance and have a very draconian internet and cell phone policy. Job descriptions are poorly written and subject to change at a moment's notice, leaving employees to feel as though they honestly have no idea what their responsibilities are. Procedural changes were poorly communicated and employees were not effectively trained to be able to implement those changes.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate better with employees. Often, the direct supervisors are not even aware of changes that have been made or are not trained on how to implement them. Also, listen to your employees! If someone is clearly struggling to complete all of their work and is stressed out constantly, don't just label that person as a "complainer". Talk to them and try to find out what is going on. Employees also need better communication regarding the changes to their job descriptions and why they are being made, so that they don't feel like they are just having a ton of extra work thrown at them for no reason. Listen to the employee's feedback before adding anything to their job description to ensure that they have the time and training to take on the new responsibility.

7. "Quality Assurance Specialist"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist/Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist/Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC (More than a year)

Pros

Company offers a flexible Personal Time Off policy. Some positions offer remote access to be able to work from home. Flexibility.

Cons

No formal training process. Company's hiring process is not well coordinated, and they are too eager to layoff employees and hire cheaper employees instead of offer growth opportunities.

8. "Great place for entry level legal work"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Roswell, GA

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at MR. The people are great and I loved all the office social activities. I got a decent raise every year. Lots of training opportunities. I used to think this place was a little dysfunctional, but after working in a truly dysfunctional environment, I am thankful for the management I had at MR!

Cons

Gotta be in with the right people to move up the chain.

"The worse experience I ever had!"

Former Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Litigation Paralegal in Roswell, GA

Pros

Paycheck is coming on time -only one pros for this company.

Cons

They overload you with work that impossible to do in 8 hours. After 1 year I was exhausted- they constantly put more and more work on you while laying off and firing other employees. Once you are not productive and get behind-they simply fire you for performance or lay you off. It was happening in my department almost at the end of each month for 1 year. Some attorneys there are rude, unprofessional and disrespectful to paralegals like they are some sort of kings because of their law degree. I saw many of them are texting while paralegals are working so hard. People talk loud and cubs at some places are so shallow that giving no protection to noise. Employees are afraid of complaining because management will rather fire you than fix a problem, so you can be bullied at work at law firm!

Advice to Management

Please read above.

"No appreciation for loyal employees"

Former Employee - Lead Paralegal in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Paralegal in Orlando, FL

I worked at McCalla Raymer, LLC (More than 3 years)

Pros

At first the firm treated employees very well and showed appreciation for all the hard work we did.

Cons

Once the referrals slowed down, the firm layed people off without notice and without any regard to how long the employees were there. They did not provide a severance package. The firm does not care about loyal hard working employees all they care about is their bottom line and they will fire people without thinking twice about it.

Advice to Management

You had a solid firm with sold people working for you, Stop treating the people that work for like a number and before laying people off consider that they have families and that those families depend on them and take into consideration the upheaval that you cause when you lay off people off with no notice or severance. Have some common decency for the people that were dedicated and worked for hard for your firm to make money and don't treat them like they are indispensable.