KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

McCormick & Company Reviews

Updated Oct 17, 2021

Found 384 of over 459 reviews

3.9
McCormick & Company President and CEO Lawrence Kurzius (no image)
Lawrence Kurzius
Pros
  • "Good benefits, really try to develop goals(in 26 reviews)

• "better pay rate, great benefits(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No work/life balance, constant internal competition instead of support(in 17 reviews)

• "As in most retail services at peak times of year there were long hours, very early mornings(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of McCormick & Company and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

great place to work

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

holiday break, taste testing, good work/life balance, flexible work from home schedule

Cons

could have better wellness benefits, such as an on site gym or gym membership discounts.

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective! We value your input and are glad to see you found McCormick to be a good place to work. We aspire for all employees to have this experience and we are so glad this was the case for you! We work hard to ensure that we are offering our employees a competitive total rewards package so we will be share to share your feedback on possible enhancements to our current package. Thanks again for your great feedback!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Oct 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is inclusive and a great place to work.

Cons

Lots of reorganization going on

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your perspective and great review! We are happy to have had you at McCormick and wish you success in your career!!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Average company

Oct 9, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

Well respected brand; good benefits; global experience

Cons

Early in Flexible Work Journey

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and great review! We are happy to have you here at McCormick with us!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Engineering

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good family place to work

Cons

No cons come to mind

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective! We value your input and are glad to see you found McCormick to be a good place to work. We aspire for all employees to have this experience and we are so glad this was your experience!

5. 5.0

Work you Til You Drop

Sep 22, 2021 - Crew Leader I in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Opportunity for advancement Tuition Assistance Corporate fosters Diversity

Cons

Resistant to change Reward bad behavior No support on the weekends or on night shifts

Continue reading

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Greetings and thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We value your input and we are glad you are finding opportunities for advancement as well as enjoying the benefits offerings. McCormick works hard to ensure our core values put people first and we are sorry to hear this is not your current experience. We recommend having a conversation with your manager or direct leadership about your concerns so we can continue to improve our processes. Thanks again for your feedback!

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging

Oct 3, 2021 - Regulatory in Poland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

- very professional and focused company - quite good benefits

Cons

- no possibility for fully remote work - company doesn't care about good talents and let them leave - no work life balance

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. We value your input and are glad to see you found the benefits as a positive. We are sorry to hear you feel the company does not care about the talents of our people; we truly feel people are our greatest strength and am sorry if you do not feel this is the case. We always recommend having a conversation with your manager or direct leadership about your concerns and hopefully you will find this resolves your concerns. Thank you again for sharing your feedback!

7. 3.0

Good company

Oct 2, 2021 - Process Engineer in Hunt Valley, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company offers good benefits for employees

Cons

Many areas are understaffed causing others to take on more work for same pay

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective- we are glad to see you found the benefits as a positive! We work hard to ensure that we are offering our employees a competitive total rewards package. We are sorry to hear that you feel we are understaffed at times; as I’m sure you know, McCormick & Company was impacted by COVID-19, as were many other companies both inside and outside of our industry. We’ve worked hard to support our employees through this time while also working to get product available to our consumers. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being a part of the team!

8. 5.0

Great workplace

Sep 6, 2021 - Product Technician in Cockeysville, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

None I can think of

Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective! We value your input and are glad to see you find McCormick to be a good place to work with great people! We aspire for all employees to have this experience and we are so glad this is the case for you here at McCormick!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Aug 18, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

there is a strong culture throughout the company and a strong sense of pride throughout the whole company

Cons

there is a horizontal structure that stunts advancement and limits opportunities for all employees at lower levels

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to Work

Aug 19, 2021 - Indrustrial Electrician in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great place to work

Cons

A lot of weekends and overtime

Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Reviews