- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
Found 87,967 of over 110K reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Hey there- Recruiter at McD here. Wondering if any L&D professionals know of a relevant job board for Learning Consultants? I hire for all over the US and there is always a need in new markets, trying to post roles to a more niche market. Links below if anyone is currently interested (: McDonald’s smrtr.io/cnBWF smrtr.io/cpsG9 smrtr.io/cvV3K
The Work-Life Bowl
Hi my name is niyah, I’m 18 years old, and I just graduated high school. Throughout high school I’ve tried to find a job, after high school I’ve tried as well. I’m really willing to work. I’m a quick learner, I even graduated early. I took a whole year off with my family’s permission to understand what I want to do. Even McDonald’s hasn’t hired me I have no idea why. I’m able-bodied does anybody have any suggestions or anyone’s job hiring?
Got a burning question about McDonald's? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with McDonald's employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "I got free food on my break and got to customize my meals every day which was fin and tasty" (in 4557 reviews)
- "McDonald's offer flexible hours and is a very solid first job for those in high school or college." (in 4459 reviews)
- "the people i worked with were nice and very willing to work with my schedule for school." (in 3923 reviews)
- "Pay was ok and coworkers nice" (in 1756 reviews)
- "food was okay and usually got discounts or free meals while on the clock but usually ate afterwards" (in 1494 reviews)
- "The pay is low and it is hard for me to work with the wrong management" (in 6216 reviews)
- "very hard to get promoted and bad management u only go up if u know people" (in 4223 reviews)
- "managers can be rude and don't work with your request days off unless you keep reminding them" (in 3659 reviews)
- "low salary and very busy" (in 841 reviews)
- "Breaks are short and also there is not a guaranteed time on when an employee will have his break." (in 409 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of McDonald's and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Featured ReviewAug 3, 2022 - Associate in Greensburg, PARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Management was great and the pay was fair. Also we got free meals and drinks.
None that I can think of.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 8, 2023 - Crew Member in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
taught me a good work ethic that I carry into my adulthood
heavy things to lift a lotContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 7, 2023 - Cashier in Wheeling, WVRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great food, I constantly go
Scheduling could be tight sometimesContinue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 7, 2023 - Customer Service in Auburndale, FLRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice coworkers Flexible schedule Discounts
Hourly pay not what was listed Not enough training
- U.S. Restaurants | Division of McDonald'sFormer Employee★★★★★Feb 7, 2023 - Line CookRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hours Coworkers Its a starter job
Pay Customers The people are mean
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 8, 2023 - CashierRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Engaging and pleasant work place.
Management was not very helpful
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 8, 2023 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Management willing to work with school scedule
Sometimes a little short staffed
- U.S. Restaurants | Division of McDonald'sFormer Employee★★★★★Feb 6, 2023 - CashierRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hours always available if you want to work more.
none that I can think of
- U.S. Restaurants | Division of McDonald'sCurrent Employee★★★★★Feb 6, 2023 - CashierRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Gas and free food and also the McBiddies
So expensive and didn't get paid that well
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 7, 2023 - Sales Associate/CashierRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
First Job - okay pay - long hours
Fast-paced - hard-working - new people
McDonald's Reviews FAQs
McDonald's has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 109,604 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at McDonald's to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
58% of McDonald's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated McDonald's 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.