McGladrey LLP Administrative Staff Reviews | Glassdoor

1 review

Administrative Staff

McGladrey LLP Managing Partner and CEO Joe Adams
Joe Adams

Pros
  • Better work life balance than the Big 4 firms (in 75 reviews)

• When I worked in Big 4 Tax I was expected in the office all day (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Just the work life balance during busy season, but that's expected in this line of work (in 57 reviews)

• Busy season hours are like any other accounting firm (in 72 reviews)

"Great salary - misleading about work life balance"

Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Staff in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The "opening" salary for all positions is terrific. The paid time off accruals are fair and the benefits are about average in price and options.

Cons

After reading several articles and publications about McGladrey's work life balance and being in the top 100 places for working mothers for many years, I actively fought to work here for many years. Unfortunately, I have learned the hard way, that unless you are at a Manager level or above, these benefits do not apply. They are actually very inflexible when it comes to time off and management is very hard on employees that ask for any amount of flexibility. Any request or allowance of sick time, appointments, varied lunch schedules or PTO are counted and used against you as "occurrences’." I, of course, should probably have asked better questions in the beginning.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest about what is expected of employees in all ranks and positions. Provide work that is stimulating and challenging and work on better classifications of jobs. Live up to the "Best Places to Work," for all employees, not just that one's that own the company.