McGlinchey Stafford Reviews | Glassdoor

McGlinchey Stafford Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2019

Found 19 reviews

3.1
McGlinchey Stafford CEO Al Thomas (no image)
Al Thomas
  1. "great firm!"

Current Employee - Legal Assistant

I have been working at McGlinchey Stafford full-time

Pros

Good people, culture and benefits

Cons

None that I can think of!! (Note: it is a law firm, so expect the normal!)

McGlinchey Stafford2017-07-18

August 8, 2017Lateral Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share these comments and wish you continued success with our firm.

2. "Great people to work with. Long Hours."

Current Employee - Attorney in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at McGlinchey Stafford full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long Hours. High billable Hours.

McGlinchey Stafford2019-08-28

August 30, 2019Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We value good working relationships among our attorneys and staff. We also value our employees’ opinions and input, particularly suggestions to make McGlinchey a better place to work. Accordingly, we have an open door policy to encourage our employees to share concerns through any of the various communications channels available. We appreciate you taking the time to share these comments and wish you continued success with our firm.

"Commercial Litigation Paralegal"

Former Employee - Commercial Litigation Paralegal in Birmingham, AL

I worked at McGlinchey Stafford full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer a standard benefits package.

Cons

The attorney used the ol’ bait and switch maneuver with the job responsibilities. The job responsibilities pitched to me differed completely to the actual responsibilities of my day to day work experience. I was responsible for everything from IT related issues to scheduling flights to client dinners to being office manager to even training another coworker. Furthermore, I was told I would receive proper “training”... and I don’t consider a few word classes and excel classes training. The attorneys did not have set templates either, so building them was super fun. I see why the turnover is so high. I was expected to complete edits of filings dropped off on my desk close to 5, but then reprimanded for it even though I worked like a dog to complete anything that was ever asked of me. I also experienced an attorney raise his voice to me and others on a weekly basis. That is completely inappropriate and disgusting.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to respect and appreciate your employees. Sending gifts if candles and other various items that belong in the trash are not going to make employees feel valued.

McGlinchey Stafford2018-06-27

June 29, 2018Lateral Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We value our employees’ opinions and input, and we have an open door policy at our firm to encourage our employees to share concerns through any of the various communications channels available. Since you are a former employee, our ability to address your specific concerns is limited; however, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Cast of Quirky Characters Cause Cautious Candor"

Current Employee - Support Services Analyst in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at McGlinchey Stafford full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can honestly say that the strange and wonderful people here make it an exciting place to work. They are, by and large, friendly and approachable, and they generally have patience with you. We have several parties a year, and everyone is pretty laid back.

Cons

That said, when work is urgent, tensions are high. Everyone is the most important person here and requires you to jump at their request first. Them being lawyers, they are accustomed to forcing every advantage they have and will not hesitate to jump the line to get their issue fixed. We have a problem with complicated computer systems that require lots of people who do not appear to communicate very well... together. Systems go down sometimes and it takes calls to multiple people to find the person responsible for fixing it.

Advice to Management

Prioritize. Everyone can't be the most important person here!

McGlinchey Stafford2017-09-26

"Associate"

I worked at McGlinchey Stafford full-time

Pros

The firm offers a wide range of benefits.

Cons

Not every attorney is treated equally.

McGlinchey Stafford2017-07-25

August 8, 2017Lateral Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We value our employees’ opinions and input, and we welcome suggestions to improve our workplace or share concerns through any of the various communications channels available. Since you are a former employee, our ability to address your specific concerns is limited; however, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

6. "McGlinchey"

I have been working at McGlinchey Stafford full-time

Pros

Nice staff, good technology stack

Cons

Rapidly changing priorities makes it difficult to complete projects.

McGlinchey Stafford2017-02-15

February 27, 2017Lateral Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your post. We value your opinion and always welcome suggestions to improve our workplace. We understand that rapidly changing priorities affect an employee’s workflow and we appreciate the responsiveness and attention that our employees dedicate to their work. We encourage you to share your ideas, including any thoughts related to how to better address your specific concerns, with your team leads, supervisor, firm management or through the various communication channels available to all employees. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"Best employer I have ever worked for."

I have been working at McGlinchey Stafford full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They really care about their employees well being both on a personal level and professional level. Good resources and opportunities.

Cons

It can be a challenge to know who to contact for what. Response time by accounting is slow and process tedious.

McGlinchey Stafford2016-09-20
  8. "Bad Place to Work"

Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at McGlinchey Stafford

Pros

Their paychecks don't bounce and they come on time.

Cons

Everything else. Overhyped and underdelivered.

McGlinchey Stafford2016-09-29
  9. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Attorney

I worked at McGlinchey Stafford full-time

Pros

It is overall a good place to work. They generally care about employees, but pay is under what you can earn elsewhere.

Cons

The management can be short-sighted, and seem to make hasty decisions that may solve one problem but create others.

Advice to Management

Consider the long range implications of decisions. Overall the management of the firm is solid and decisions reflect commitment to clients, employees and the firm.

McGlinchey Stafford2016-06-16
  10. "Anonymous"

in Brandon, MS

I worked at McGlinchey Stafford for more than 8 years

Pros

I have nothing good to say about this company.

Cons

This company doesn't care about its employees. All they care about is the bottom line.

McGlinchey Stafford2016-06-08