McGraw-Hill Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Create your profile to get personalized information

McGraw-Hill Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2016

2.3
McGraw-Hill President and CEO  Nana Banerjee (no image)
Nana Banerjee
0 Rating
  1. "Customer Service Team Lead"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in DeSoto, TX

I worked at McGraw-Hill full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Mcgraw Hill offers great benefits from vacation, 401k. The hours of operations were a plus, very few weekends. I would highly reccommend this company

Cons

I cannot really think of anything bad about the company other than they now only have one office call center location.

Advice to Management

Listen to your Employees, Keep the Remote Agents engaged

McGraw-Hill2013-10-21

"company"

Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at McGraw-Hill for less than a year

Pros

it was a cool company to work for

Cons

needed better pay and benefits

McGraw-Hill2016-06-30
  3. "Decent company for short-term position"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill for less than a year

Pros

They have peak season every summer so there's usually availability. Most employees are friendly. Awesome cafeteria! Professional environment.

Cons

Too much micro management. Alot of people were let go because they needed a day off but this wasn't available getting to the end of the contract. Almost everyone who scheduled a day off was let go a few days after.

Advice to Management

It would be worthwhile to determine which employees need closer focus as there was just too much micro management for me.

McGraw-Hill2016-03-31

"Company Has More Temps than Full-time Employees"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gahanna, OH

I have been working at McGraw-Hill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefit and Hours,

Cons

No consistency in training for employees, Company has developed a "temp" mentality, making those who work there feel as if they are disposable, and often over looks hard working employees.

McGraw-Hill2016-03-17
  5. "Good place to work"

Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at McGraw-Hill

Pros

Good management and colleagues. Work at home available depending on the location.

Cons

Downside - the salary is not so great. Mgt should review the hourly rate pay.

Advice to Management

Management is doing okay.

McGraw-Hill2015-06-01

"3 years with McGraw"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have wonderful benefits and vacation time. I worked with a lot of talented, nice, and helpful people and made a lot of friends who in turn taught me many valuable assets and new talents.

Cons

The pay is terrible for SOME employees, and the management is awful. They promote based on time and don't pick the employees who really make the place successful and they play favorites BIG TIME. I had a boss who would leave DAILY/WEEKLY for 2-3 hours at a time on "lunch", which was very frustrating especially if you needed assistance. They also made a lot of broken promises.

Advice to Management

I would love to come back to the company, but would also love to see the company succeed as a whole by looking at your lower level employees and really training and trusting the work they do and promoting the people who deserve it based on talent and work ethic over the buddy system.

McGraw-Hill2014-08-11

"The Worst Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at McGraw-Hill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a FEW enlightened people in Sales and Marketing that share these sentiments . There is an opportunity to work from home.

Cons

This company has one of the most hostile cultures I have ever worked in. There is so much cronyism, bias & prejudice within the ranks of this company that it is ridiculous. What is sad, is the people that have been subjected to this type of corporate culture for so long, they deem it as normal and acceptable. The "management" team in Customer Service use fear tactics that have been successful among their "supervisors" and in turn ANY voice that speaks up to address the issues in the work environment pertaining to payroll, processes, procedures, "leadership", go unheard. They are only concerned with squeezing more and more effort out of their employees with little to no regard for their well being or true success or personal and professional growth. Since the "supervisors" were not equipped with formal management training or at the minimum, Cowardly Lion courage, they are only figure heads and do what they are told to do like obedient slaves serving a system of oppression that doesn't even serve them, except they get to keep their job until the next "yes" man or woman shows up.

Advice to Management

When others figure out their worth and leave, you will be out of a job. Know that karma is real not imagined. Maybe in the next sale, the new owner will decide to hire all new staff or bring their own.

McGraw-Hill2013-11-18

"Worst Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at McGraw-Hill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've met some great people in the office. Their sales team is awesome and strive to meet the customers needs.

Cons

The management team needs an overhaul. This company is about 15 years behind in their processes and digitally almost 20 years behind. Change while necessary for growth doesn't have to be sheer guesswork. The pay is horrible and they are not listening to their front line or to the customers being affected. In the transition over 25 people have been negatively impacted by errors in payroll. It's been almost 3 months and the pay has not been corrected. Increasing responsibility with no bonuses and no raises for the front line.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing stuff at the wall hoping something sticks. Pay your people, stop shutting down sound ideas only to revisit them later. Sometimes those that have been with a company for too long (15+years), lack the vision and experience to move a team forward. They get stuck in what 'used to be'.

McGraw-Hill2013-05-05