Cover image for McGraw Hill

McGraw Hill

Engaged Employer

McGraw Hill

Add a Review

McGraw Hill Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 25, 2023

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,335 of over 2K reviews
3.8
75% Recommend to a Friend
86% Approve of CEO

Found 135 of over 2K reviews

3.8
McGraw Hill President and CEO  Simon Allen (no image)
Simon Allen

The latest conversations about Teachers

Teachers

372.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/teachers

Got a burning question about McGraw Hill? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with McGraw Hill employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Some of the teams are filled with really great people and make for an enjoyable career.(in 159 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and vision on the implementation of technologies(in 136 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance (can work remotely 1 or more days a week if approved by your supervisor)(in 73 reviews)
  • "The pay is good(in 45 reviews)
  • "The people and culture here are great!(in 41 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management they don't listen to you(in 65 reviews)
  • "Starting base salary is low(in 33 reviews)
  • "no product strategy... poor leadership.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Annual layoffs always looming(in 29 reviews)
  • "Managers do not budge, even if it is something you cannot control, like traffic or your kid being in the ER.(in 29 reviews)

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of McGraw Hill and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Nov 2, 2021
      Project Manager
      Former Employee
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work and life balance

Cons

Leadership team can make work difficult

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. If you have any further feedback you'd like to share, please reach out to us at talentacquisition@mheducation.com. Thanks and wishing you the best in your future endeavors!

1. 4.0
        Jan 30, 2012
        Former Employee
        San Francisco, CA
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance (can work remotely 1 or more days a week if approved by your supervisor) Decent benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with matching contributions) Tuition reimbursement Casual work environment Overall good people to work with

Cons

Salary could be a bit more competitive with other companies Not always an option to telecommute if your job permits it

2. Join the McGraw Hill team

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

192.1K

Manager

Do you have to interview again if you didn’t get the job the first time but the HM wants you to apply to the additional positions that opened up a few months after?

1 Comment

Marketing Operations Coordinator

I made changes to my resume and would like some feedback and/or constructive criticism. Please don’t be mean… the job search is hard enough already (ex- “this resume sucks” is not helpful 😂). I applied to 40 jobs today using this version (adding/removing key words, technology platforms, and phrases to match job descriptions, but overall the same resume) 😬 Really hoping to see an uptick in interview requests soon. 🤞🏻

0 Comments

Ltgh Pyy

I am having the most important interview of my life in a few hours. High-end position. But I am stressed because my situation doesn't allow me to lose this chance. Does anyone have tips about what to say when they ask you how you process in sales to seal deals? I personally love the spin method but it is so instinctive for me that I struggle to describe it in a correct way for an interview and I lose my words...

1 Comment

Glassdoor has 1,532 McGraw Hill reviews submitted anonymously by McGraw Hill employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if McGraw Hill is right for you.