McKesson Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren
John H. Hammergren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance needs improvement (in 105 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't appreciate the hard-working employees with great work ethics (in 79 reviews)

1. "Customer service"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at McKesson as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable,skilled, caring and supportive management

Cons

Waiting time before being full time employee

Advice to Management

Make employees full time within 90 days

2. "Customer service"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at McKesson as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had heard that it would be a great company to work for.

Cons

Things didn't happen the way they said it would. They only care about quantity not the quality.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate all employee's and follow through with making contract employees---full time employees.

3. "Not an easy job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moorestown, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moorestown, NJ

Pros

Start up pay is above average. Bonuses at times. Hours are good after being there a while.

Cons

Dealing with rude patients, knowing constantly changing information, starting hours are late

4. "Company overall"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Worked with some great co-workers

Cons

Poor management and low pay

Advice to Management

Get on the same page

"Highschool"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at McKesson full-time

Pros

Close to alot of resturants and the freeway and shopping as well as grocery stire and gas stations only pro is the pay.

Cons

Feels like highschool very clickish, supervisors have their favorites, alot of side conversations not about work not alot of overtimw available for non pharmacy trained people, the matrix absence managment it is really hard to speak with your claims examiner and they don't reply for weeks you have to continuously call

Advice to Management

Please don't allow supervisors to pick favorites or speak to certain people on their team unless it specifically has to do with that person, also allow non pharmacy trained people the same overtime as those that are trained

"HORRIBLE place to work"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in La Vergne, TN
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in La Vergne, TN

I worked at McKesson as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I made $15.50 hr as a "temp to hire" employee. I got a hr. lunch and two 15 min breaks. Even as a temporary employee I was able to install McAfee antivirus software on my personal computer for free.

Cons

My direct supervisor at the job site did not know how to answer any of my questions which made me ask the permanent employees and they got annoyed frequently. Communication is horrible. There was no training program for new employees period!!!! The started a training program towards the end of my assignment. Other caused drama with the temporary employees.

Advice to Management

Retrain all of your entire staff.

"McKesson Patient Care Solutions breast pump team"

Current Employee - Breast Pump Customer Service Representative II in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their insurance has a vitality program to pay a large portion of your monthly insurance cost. It is easy to enroll.

Cons

They pile on extra work but only ever give 2% merit increases once a year. The bosses play favorites.

Advice to Management

They tell you there is a lot of room for advancement, but unless you are buddies with someone you won't get a promotion.

8. "Customer Service Rep Specialty Pharmacy"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at McKesson as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very diverse, everyone is a team player. We're family! McKesson is by far the best company I've worked for. I've never been happier! Can't wait to become a full time employee. I literally tell everyone how much I love working for McKesson.

Cons

I really have nothing to add here. Everyone at McKesson has been a pleasure to work with. I just hope that I get to continue to grow with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job! I have never had a better or stronger management! Thank you for all that you do!

"Not a company you wish to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at McKesson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the program the call load can be very light. The job and calls themselves aren't very difficult. The company isn't going to collapse or go away any time soon.

Cons

Very bad dysfunctional management. Some of the lowest level supervisors are great but the mid and upper level management are very bad in that they never fix any of the systems, or programs, and then they use excessive micromanagement to try to make up for losses in time due to the systems being slow etc. Management doesn't listen or act on anything reported from the floor. They buy the cheapest phone systems and then blame the employees for lags or deficiencies that are out of the employees' control. You have to fight for work / life balance requests. Management sets standards such as QA, talk time etc. But when you meet or exceed those requirements they are never satisfied, and management never ever says "Great Job"" without having a "But, you could have done this or that." No positive reinforcement or leadership.

Advice to Management

Upgrade your antiquated computer and phone equipment and don't buy the cheapest thing on the market to replace them. Managers, learn the programs your people are on and take responsibility for taking care of your people. Let them know changes before they happen not after. Quit moving your permanent employees all over the floor when you haven't planned properly before hand for seasonal work. When you put new programs on the floor remember they change and need maintenance and updates. Hire enough IT personnel to help and fix all of the programs that need their support, not just the one that's bringing in the most call volume.

10. "Do the managers have a 4 year degree?"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wheeling, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wheeling, IL

I have been working at McKesson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay, PTO- 9 paid holidays, 2 personal days, and 1 "emergency day".

Cons

No room for advancement, unprofessional management, does not listen to employees.

Advice to Management

Try to listen or at least acknowledge your employees recommendations or concerns- maybe people will stay longer.