McKesson "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

McKesson CEO Brian Tyler
Brian Tyler
  1. "Finance Representative"

I worked at McKesson full-time

Pros

Great employee incentives including outings, food, and holiday parties. Pay is decent as well.

Cons

Upper management doesn't handle misfit supervisors as they should.

McKesson2016-03-31

"Watch your back!!!"

in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at McKesson

Pros

Employees are great and work hard. ADO is hands on and great until hands are tied.

Cons

Double standards Lack of promotion Little appreciation Lies in upper management Investigations not handled properly as people will not stand up to upper mamagement. High turnover

Advice to Management

Get your facts straight. Invest in your good employees

McKesson2016-02-19

"Senior Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good benefit overall. 15% discount company stock purchase plan. 5% 100% 401K company match, with optional free fidelity individual stock trading account, better return than index fund. Good wellness program including up to $60 for LifeTime fitness, $40 for spouse. Vitality points for regular exercise, can be used to exchange for Amazon gift card up to $300 annually.

Cons

No bonus for regular employee. Discontinue the stock reward for regular employee after new CFO came in years ago. Technology solution upper management has no idea of how to manage software development, they treated development resources more like head counts.

Advice to Management

Manage software development project is not like manage fast food restaurant, it is not about head count, it is about the understand of software development process.

McKesson2016-02-13
  4. "Account Manager"

I worked at McKesson full-time

Pros

Friendly workplace and excellent benefits

Cons

Upper Management doesn't always take the time to educate themselves on the daily issues within the company.

McKesson2016-01-27

"McKesson Specialty Health Research needs overhaul"

Former Employee - Clinical Trial Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large company, growth potential in other areas

Cons

McKesson Specialty Health has been running US Oncology into the ground ever since they were acquired in 2010. Disconnect with practices, upper management more concerned with self growth than that of the company/research and investing in people. Poor work/life balance. Very high turn over.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your people, your practices. Coach and lead your people instead of doing massive lay offs just so you can get a better bonus.

McKesson2016-02-18

"Great opportunities, lack of recognition"

Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

Ability to move around, lots of internal opportunities, stable growth company

Cons

lots of bureaucracy, upper management recognition of employees is sub par and insufficient,

Advice to Management

Recognize the work your staff and below do as an integral part of your success

McKesson2016-01-14

"Great Company, great pay, be aware of upper management."

I worked at McKesson full-time

Pros

McKesson is a great company with an outstanding compensation package all around and a family enviroment.

Cons

Upper management can't be trusted.

McKesson2016-01-07
  8. "Mostly Positive"

I have been working at McKesson

Pros

Great environment of people mostly

Cons

Upper management tended to look down on staff

McKesson2015-11-23

"Lack of leadership"

Former Employee - Manager in Westminster, CO

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. Big company, so lots of opportunities for career movement, some of which is advancement.

Cons

McKesson is a pharmaceutical distribution company. The IT side of the business is not the company wheelhouse, and it shows. Upper management is a good ole boy's network, not the right leaders with the right skills. Management gets many bonuses and perks worker bees do not. Many HR issues due to the good ole boy's network as well.

Advice to Management

Share the wealth. Address the HR issues with more action than just moving the perpetrators.

McKesson2015-10-01

"Not an honest employer, looks out for certain favorite employees but not the rest."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At this point the only pro about this company is the location, it was very close to my house.

Cons

Promises new positions to employees but never delivers. Left the company after more than 10 years of service. I was contacted by the "director" and told if came back to a certain bottom feeder position to help that department out that they would move me into the position that I always wanted with a pay increase. I left my current employer and went back to McKesson, taking a 16% pay cut. A year later I was still in the bottom feeder department. The director ignore me in passing in the hallway for months. She finally came up to me about another position but when I told her I was about to go on medical leave for a few weeks because my son had to have brain surgery, she told me maybe next time! She literally told me maybe next time to my face! When I came back from medical leave 4 weeks later, I found out the director was leaving the company. No one would honor her promise to me. Another manager informed HR and upper management of what was promised to me and how I was deceived but they only said they were upset about the situation. I took a huge pay decrease to come back to McKesson and basically only received a slap in the face. This is how they treat people that work there for over 12 years. I have since left the company again but found a month to the day after I left McKesson they announced they were relocating my old department out of state. It's funny how certain favorite employees seem to easily slide into a new position that weren't there a week ago and other employees are left in the dust.

Advice to Management

Stop making promises to people about new careers, you are messing with people's lives. We are human beings with families and should not be lied to.

McKesson2015-10-22