McKinley, Inc. "great pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

McKinley, Inc. Employee Reviews about "great pay"

Updated May 1, 2019

2.5
McKinley, Inc. CEO Albert M. Berriz
Albert M. Berriz
Pros
  • "The people you work with everyday, great pay, great benefits, incredible residents(in 14 reviews)

• "I have worked at other property management companies that love hiring McKinley employees because they have a reputation for having high standards(in 11 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The BEST place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people you work with everyday, great pay, great benefits, incredible residents. Being able to watch a brand you helped build become such an amazing place to work and for residents to live. I love working for McKinley because they care about the poeople. Albert and Albert Jr. spent millions of dollars to renovate the apartment buildings and give our customers a place to be proud living and us a great place to... work. ANyone who worked at the offices before would know that. Employee wages also are now better than anywhere else. When I started it was a joke making like $10.50 an hr and now in sales you make $75k. Working in the apartment market at a place you can be proud of doesn't happen often. Thanks Mckinley!

Cons

It is a demanding place to work and expectations are high but worth it imo.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing that is working. Really I'm writing this because I wrote a review a few years ago and now get emails from these bitter disgruntled people who couldn't cut it and trash a great company. Talking about how things were ruined. Try being here years ago when they didn't make any money and had bad leaders running around trying to get you motivated with squirels when you can't get your bonus... because there's no money and residents yell at you because there apartments can't get fixed. These reviews talk about McKinley being owned by Berrizes and making them money. Take a business class!!! That's what companies are for! At least McKinley shares the money and gives great pay and bonuses. And Albert and HR help employee's in need all the time. Extra time off, money when there are emergency's, and try and find another company that will help you when your medical insurance denies a claim. McKinley has leaders who care.

McKinley, Inc.2018-08-16
  2. "GOOD AND BAD"

Current Employee - Pool Attendant

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. part-time

Pros

Easy Job Nice Pay Great way yo meet residents

Cons

They sold the apartment building I was working at Do more than just pool Do other employees jobs

McKinley, Inc.2019-05-01

"Horrible just horrible"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at McKinley, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Have to pay high wages because they have a horrible reputation and can't find good experienced individuals because of it. Many communities are lead by inexperienced managers with little to no property management experience, so needless to say there is a high turnover ratio.

Cons

Everyone is stressed. Upper management style of management is consistent with that of a dictatorship. They lead by instilling fear so everyone is job scared. It's a shame because this company is huge but it is so corporate that employees are just seen as numbers. With this company the only guarantee you'll have is unemployment. Good luck to whoever thinks this company is for them.

Advice to Management

Don't be so robotic Grow a personailty People are not just numbers Establish a better culture for your staff

McKinley, Inc.2018-05-13

"This place is a revolving door"

Former Employee - Senior Tech in Gulfport, FL

I worked at McKinley, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company it self is great With awesome benefits great pay And a good corporate staff

Cons

On the McKinley beach portfolio it's a complete and utter nightmare you will be it has been for 2 yrs now residents all hate the staff and much of it is there fault leave people with mold and lie to them just because we are selling bayside office is so bad with mold I get sick sitting in the office but they made the staff work in it ssying there's nothing wrong well There are so many potential lawsuits within... these few properties but they won't address any of them I was recently fired because my truck got broken into $850 of my own tools were stolen and they old laptop that was the company's laptop got stolen no files on it It was just a regular laptop we used to check email I was told I was a responsible for getting it stolen and let go Even though I come with 15 years of extreme experience They let that walk away over a laptop I offered to pay for. Prior to that we were offered a severance package for when we sold They said we are welcome to take it or stay with the company after working in a extreme environments I decided to be intrested in the Severance package I acquired about it And the few days later I got let go With the auto burglary as my excuse. Also I never heard of a company complaining because you got dirty You must look good and be clean every day even though you're doing 50 million projects you must remain clean you get dirty might get fired Or get rag on about your clothes to be fair I'm positive Corporate cannot be aware of any of these issues And I do not hold the whole McKinley corporation responsible for the actions of a few. Tech's beware you could loose your hvac lic. Working here

Advice to Management

Not one propriety is logging Freon I asked for a log book and I was told we don't keep weight logs of Freon. What? It's the law seaside was Going through 2 tanks of R22A month Because nobody would fix the leak or replace the airconditioner all that bought 22 will need to be logged since I Had criminals dictate my job And I could not get ahold of corporate I decided I'm going to make a complaint with the EPA and... osha Sense not one Florida property is compliant I have not done so but plan to since getting fired I lost all my pto and I get nothing but missing tools and no job 3 uninsured kids I think a package of some kind would be fair since And remember my tools would not have been in my truck if I was not forced to start at a another property the next day and not my own And it was funny I got fired after I carried everything over from one property to another before your due diligence walk I was let go on my last load If you have a truck you will be forced to use it as a work truck I put a lot of miles and tore my truck up with McKinley I was told every job makes you drive to work But when you have to be in-and-out of your truck all day driving in between properties it becomes a work truck and you begin tearing it up I would like my severance package It's only fair and also I am the one who single handedly scored the highest react score in company history yet the tech who about burned down the same apartment 2 times Because he does not know how to wire a air conditioner gets Recognized for that reac at Palma when all he did was work orders and I spent weeks getting that place ready. That was my 4th reac scoring over 90 fyi. I take pride in my work but I can't say the others do

McKinley, Inc.2018-03-13

"TERRIBLE company to work for"

I worked at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

Good pay. Great co-workers (for the most part). I literally have no other pros to list here. This job will burn you out quickly.

Cons

Long hours. Micro-management. Poor upper management. Understaffed 99% of the time. "Sweep it under the rug" approach to handling issues with the properties/residents.

Advice to Management

Get more hands on. Hire better, more hardworking, reliable people BEFORE stuff hits the fan. Take more pride in your properties. Learn how to actually make residents and staff happy and don't just "ignore" requests and complaints

McKinley, Inc.2016-06-16

"Review"

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great pay, extremely structured, room for advancement also a very big company that offers a lot of benefits. If you can make it here the sky is the limit...

Cons

Sometimes the people who have implemented the policies and procedures are stuck on JUST THAT and fail to realize the new people... (new only to them) have ways to make there old ideas better. We are not trying to reinvent the wheel just trying to add a little bit of air so it gets the best mileage. This is a cut throat business and this company has proved this so many time. No matter what good you do mess up one... time and no question your unemployed.

Advice to Management

Let new ideas work, (put some air in them flat tires) Just because of a policy you believe a person broke don't immediately terminate. So many great employees I have seen go for barley nothing, you have to have some kind of leeway. The micro management has to stop NOW. Let people prevail or fail.. GET OVER YOURSELF......

McKinley, Inc.2016-04-07

"Good Experience"

Former Employee - Commercial Property Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at McKinley, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits, very team-oriented, lots of resources to help you grow.

Cons

The reporting structure is a little strange. Too many people to report to.

Advice to Management

None, really. I enjoyed my time with McKinley, and we parted ways mutually and amicably.

McKinley, Inc.2015-12-10

"Love Mckinley"

Current Employee - Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at McKinley, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best job I've ever had. Great pay, great people, and leadership that really cares about the employee's. I've never worked for anyone willing to spend the time and money on employee's like McKinley does. Employee's and customer's. People matter.

Cons

Summer busy season is chaotic and it can be hard to come up for air.

Advice to Management

It's obvious why this company wins so many award's. Thank you for always doing what's best for us no matter what.

McKinley, Inc.2015-11-25

"Believe the warnings"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Okemos, MI

I worked at McKinley, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay and insurance benefits

Cons

High Turnover No work life balance Ever changing policies Cutthroat culture Lack of training

Advice to Management

Let go of the high turnover strategy

McKinley, Inc.2015-08-31

"Pays well"

I worked at McKinley, Inc.

Pros

Great pay and benefits.I Love the commission structure

Cons

They no longer have properties in Alabama

McKinley, Inc.2015-02-11