Found 1,709 of over 11K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about McKinsey & Company
2 years ago
McKinsey & Company
How to compensate for long term unemployment? After getting let go from McK earlier this year, I've been unemployed for close to 6 months and explaining it to prospective employers is awkward and uncomfortable. Any advice on how to navigate this?
Got a burning question about McKinsey & Company? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with McKinsey & Company employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and very supportive" (in 1041 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and you can shape your career for it to align with your passions." (in 573 reviews)
- "Great learning environment and great colleagues" (in 556 reviews)
- "Great culture and values and focus on client servicing" (in 311 reviews)
- "All good and salary is high" (in 250 reviews)
- "There is NO work life balance so be ready to sell your sould to the firm." (in 950 reviews)
- "Long hours and travel (but totally worth it especially at the beginning of your career)" (in 846 reviews)
- "Working late hours" (in 445 reviews)
- "Poor management and lots of politics" (in 86 reviews)
- "High Pressure and Stress: The constant push for perfection can be stressful." (in 57 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of McKinsey & Company and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Nov 8, 2018InternshipFormer Intern, less than 1 yearShanghai, Shanghai
Smart and creative colleagues to work with; High exposure even as an part-time intern; Chance to advise for great companies
Long hours to work and I even stayed up all night to deal with a difficult issue though voluntarily
- 5.0Aug 26, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Amazing company, great team of colleagues, huge support during covid times.
Hours can be a bit long but support of the team and great people counters that!
- 5.0Jul 16, 2013Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Excellent learning opportunities, super interesting work, never a boring day
Long working hours and frequent out of town travel; becomes more political for senior EM level and above
- 4.0Feb 25, 2022ConsultantCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
Incredible upside to working with this company including compensation, skill development, opportunities to do interesting work
Also incredible downside: long working hours and little work life balance to name a few
- 5.0Aug 1, 2014Senior AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Leadership inspires its employees to work hard and drive impact for the clients. Great network and potential to work on interesting projects across the world
Long hours is definitely at the top of the list and the need be on all the time
- 4.0May 26, 2019AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
McKinsey has some of the smartest people i have ever worked with and every day is a great learning experience.
Lifestyle can be pretty brutal and there is an expectation for everyone to work long hours3
- 1.0Jan 11, 2014Business AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
When one leaves, the name opens doors.
Work-work balance. Horrible for anyone with a significant other because of the long hours and unpredictable travel requirements. Any company with such a high attrition rate is that way for a reason. Pressure-packed and stressful. End-product is almost always unsatisfactory and at the cost, one feels happy they are not investing in the client with the exorbitant fees The Firm charges. I have rarely met someone who has left McKinsey that wasn't entirely satisfied with their decision when they realized the relief of no longer working there.20
- 5.0Feb 2, 2016Business AnalystFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
Incredibly smart group of folks Best way to build foundational skills for business problem solving McKinsey deeply cares about each and every single of its employees and provides superior training and support to employees at each level Strong values driven culture
Long hours and travel (but totally worth it especially at the beginning of your career)
- 5.0May 31, 2023Research Science AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Amazing colleagues; Great learning experience
Long hours and might have to work over a few weekends (depending on work)