McKinsey & Company Employee Reviews about "lots of travel"
84% would recommend to a friend
(154 total reviews)
79% approve of CEO
Found 154 of over 11K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It is very flexible and people are great" (in 1058 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and you can shape your career for it to align with your passions." (in 574 reviews)
- "Great learning environment and great colleagues" (in 552 reviews)
- "Great culture and values and focus on client servicing" (in 309 reviews)
- "All good and salary is high" (in 243 reviews)
- "There is NO work life balance so be ready to sell your sould to the firm." (in 956 reviews)
- "Long hours and might have to work over a few weekends (depending on work)" (in 850 reviews)
- "Working late hours" (in 449 reviews)
- "Poor management and lots of politics" (in 85 reviews)
- "High Pressure and Stress: The constant push for perfection can be stressful." (in 57 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of McKinsey & Company and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "lots of travel"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Mar 15, 2012ConsultantCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
Experience with C-suite clients - collaborative work in the field.
Long hours and lots of travel
- 5.0Feb 8, 2019Senior ExpertCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
--Work on meaningful problems faced by significant organizations --Colleagues are incredibly talented and intelligent --Great learning opportunity, especially for problem solving skills --The alumni network is unmatched --If you stay and advance you will have a great career, if you leave you have the support of the alumni network and will have a great career
--Long hours and lots of travel --Up or out culture is not for everyone --Performance review process can be brutal and chaotic at times1