McLane Company Reviews in Tacoma, WA | Glassdoor

Tacoma, WA

4.0
W. Grady Rosier
1 Rating

Pros
  • Very good starting job for pay and benefits (in 12 reviews)

• Good people, good management with Poe door policy, good pay (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours there is no work/life balance it became an issue for me when it was time to pick up the kids (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours especially for upper management (in 7 reviews)

"Truck Driver at Lakewood, WA"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at McLane Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Pay when you max out as driver in 3 years. Guaranteed 2000 dollars biweekly(before taxes). As a starter, you're mostly oncall, but if a driver quits that's way above you, he chooses who he runs with during the bid. The bid is considered 3 or 4 routes you do routinely do every week. This usually last 2 times out of the year. So that means your schedule will change 2 times in a year. . It is really hard work, but it does payoff when you climb up the seniority ladder. It might feel like the pay is not worth the amount of work that you will be doing, but give it 3 years and you'll see a huge difference in pay. . Make good friends with your dispatchers and upper management then you will go far. Three things in this company to succeed is #1 Patience! #2 Communication. #3 Great Attendance .. If you have these three things then Mclane is a great place to drive for. So far, I've been with the company for 10 years and they have not disappointed me.

Cons

A lot, but what job doesn't have its Cons. That's why I say, you must Have Patience when it comes to Mclane.

Advice to Management

Great Job. As long y'all are paying me the right amount, I'm happy.

Showing 1 of 160 review