McLaren Health Care Housekeeper Reviews | Glassdoor

Philip A. Incarnati

"Housekeeper/bedmaker"

Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at McLaren Health Care full-time

Pros

It's a decent paying job. Benefits are okay and love working with and around all people and patients.

Cons

To make any kind of money you need to work full time and night shift for shift premium which is decent.

Advice to Management

Management needs to listen to workers not complainers. Give us what we need to do our jobs and make sure they acknowledge the great job we are doing

McLaren Health Care2017-08-01
  2. "Housekeeper- through Powerlink"

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Mount Clemens, MI

I have been working at McLaren Health Care

Pros

The pay is better then my last job, steady work schedule. Better uniforms, you get a different floor every day. There's always something to do. They encourage you to take your lunch snd breaks.

Cons

The biggest pain in the rear is having to share pagers, keys, and sometimes even our housekeeping carts. Not fun, especially when discharge cleanups come in , and morning shift doesn't know where to go because mid shift has the pagers and keys. Also, we're not allowed ro take our breaks in the staff lounges anymore because the nurses and pca's don't like us. There's an uncomfortable vibe there. Oh sidenote, you...

Advice to Management

Don't let anyone take pagers and keys home. Tell the nurses and pca's to treat housekeeping with respect, and to not look down on us. Realize that housekeeping is just as important and vital to the hospital, as is the nursing staff and the doctors.

McLaren Health Care2016-12-11