KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 124 of over 127 reviews

3.7
McNabb Center  CEO Jerry Vagnier
Jerry Vagnier
Pros
  • "I am so happy that I decided to work for HRMC and plan to stay here for a very long time(in 13 reviews)

• "Great benefits, room to grow within the company, great people to work with(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay, no maternity leave, time off is earned not given(in 10 reviews)

• "Working in the mental health field can be tough(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of McNabb Center and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Love it

Sep 24, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are amazing and staff also

Cons

I can’t think of anything.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The mission no longer aligns with org actions

Aug 31, 2021 - Care Coordinator in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits - Flexibility - Pay is better than most social service positions

Cons

Upper management (i.e anyone not working directly in client care) is a nightmare. Workers are treated poorly and our mental health concerns are met with "you have 8 free therapy sessions through EAP." The mental health issues from many workers stem from McNabb being completely driven by funding and thus, productivity. We got into this line of work to help people, and we can barely do that with the workload. Then, we're held responsible for any failures with clients as if we even have the time to help. Productivity expectations are unrealistic and I have asked every supervisor, all the way up to the director of my program, for numbers that prove their expectations are attainable. Each time I have been told "we don't have those numbers." They know they are wrong, but they don't care. They have had so many workers in crisis in the time that I have been in this program and all we can do is talk to one another because our crises go unheard by management. They don't care about employees, they don't care about clients, and they don't care about the Knoxville community. They care about a bottom line and ensuring they have a paycheck at the end of the day. We continue to have the same issues in our department and the supervisors continue to blame the workers instead of seeing that their productivity expectations are unattainable and inhumane. Ableism is rampant from the mental health providers to the supervisors. They talk about our clients in such a dehumanizing and derogatory way. I'm only still with the organization because I have bills to pay. Helen Ross McNabb would be ashamed if she could see the way Jerry runs things today.

1 person found this review helpful

McNabb Center Response

Sr Director of Administrative Services

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your obviously serious concerns. Your experience certainly does not represent the standard of care to which we strive for our clients or the treatment we wish for our staff. We would like the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns because what you describe is not what is expected nor intended and we would appreciate the opportunity to address the issues head-on. We want to listen to the staff when there are issues so we would like to hear more. Please contact our HR Services Coordinator Angela Miller at (865) 637-9711 so we can investigate the situation further.

3. 4.0

Excellent

Jul 27, 2021 - School Based Counselor in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment with great advancement opportunities

Cons

Travel with many stops and training models to learn

4. 3.0

Good Start for New SW/MH

Jul 28, 2021 - Bridges Masters Level Liaison in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive staff Opportunities to transfer to other programs School office, some of which allow you to have your own space and bathroom.

Cons

Low salary The amount of paperwork due both digitally and hard copies. You don’t see other staff very often. The school staff becomes your coworkers

5. 4.0

PRN

Jul 6, 2021 - Milieu Counselor in Chattanooga, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible hours for PRNs. Team leads are great. Some good benefits and bonus incentives for full-time employees.

Cons

PRNs are paid significantly lower wages for the same education and performance expectations of FT employees.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, not so great pay

Jul 12, 2021 - Probation Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to work as you want Great staff No one micro manages

Cons

No upward mobility Pay is low

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A chance to grow in my career while helping the community.

May 31, 2021 - Team Leader in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working here, my coworkers and supervisors really make it a caring, welcoming environment. When you work hard, it is rewarded. I am proud to work here seeing all the positive work that is done for those in need.

Cons

I really can't think of any.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0

Mcnabb

Jun 15, 2021 - Team Leader in Knoxville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and leave accrual

Cons

Upper management can be political

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good depending on the program you're in

Jun 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, benefits, autonomy (depending on your supervisor)

Cons

High turnover, poor pay, had supervisors without experience, not enough focus on quality treatment

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

This was a difficult role to be in but had rewarding moments.

May 23, 2021 - Program Counselor in Morristown, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helping kids Mostly good coworkers Free meals

Cons

Pay, Long hours, Emotionally draining

Viewing 1 - 10 of 124 Reviews