McNeil, Gray and Rice Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2019

Found 18 reviews

3.5
Robert McNeil and Susan Rice McNeil

"Great place to work/Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice part-time for less than a year

Pros

This was a wonderful internship experience. I was able apply what I have learned in college and put it in a real-life setting at MGR. The best part was the fact that I had a sense of responsibility —the other people counted on me to do great work. I would love to work at MGR post-college.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Hire me!

McNeil, Gray and Rice2019-02-13
  2. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team-oriented work environment. Once you prove yourself, management will promote you into account management role. MGR has many big-name national and global B2B clients. Opportunity to travel.

Cons

Not a place to go if you are lazy, there is always a lot of work to do if you want to go up the ladder.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide opportunity to inside staff before recruiting from the outside.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2018-11-10
  3. "McNeil Gray & Rice"

Former Employee - Private Equity Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unbelievable management coupled with solid organization. Both CEO’s make for a comfortable working environment and are extremely competent. This company will surely be headed towards great success.

Cons

No downsides I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

McNeil, Gray and Rice2018-01-29

"DON'T WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice part-time

Pros

Awesome location, lots of downtime, and my boss was very sweet.

Cons

Very disorganized, a lot of cold-calling (I can tell that we clearly annoy clients and publishers because we follow up too often to the point where it's very annoying or because we don't follow up at all with them), most coworkers aren't social, and no pay except for cold-calling.

Advice to Management

It's funny how we were rewarded for making the most calls with more money or gift cards since the management who did answer our phone calls clearly didn't want to get involved. It's almost like we had to force them to accept. Try to make the jobs intern do more interesting and teach them that marketing and PR isn't all about constantly calling and checking up. Stop making it a numbers game and enforce quality over quantity.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2017-08-09

"PR Intern for MGR"

Former Employee - PR Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice part-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed business environment; no one operates with explicit malice or contempt.

Cons

Unorganized, stuck in certain ways (intractable on certain archaic methods of record keeping), feeds information necessary for the role in small spurts--such that work is not smoothly done but often interrupted by needs to address managers.

Advice to Management

A workforce supported almost 90% by unpaid interns should have some sort of incentive that differentiates the role from any other menial work.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2017-08-03

"It's Not Impressive"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job and offers some money though not much Some of the coworkers are nice. The location's pretty cool.

Cons

The boss!!! She's horrible!!! She lies to her employees and clients and tries to put people against each other. No one makes smart business decisions. They don't understand technology. Half of the clients on their website have dropped them. People either have too much to do or nothing to do. They don't want you to have a good work life balance. No one talks about real problems like the internet not working. The company...

Advice to Management

Sell your company now because it's obvious that you have no idea what you're doing.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2017-08-24

"Don't Start Your Career Here"

Former Employee - PR Publicist in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice full-time for less than a year

Pros

Centrally located in Boston - close to Faneuil Hall and other attractions.

Cons

No formal training. Very little room for growth. Poor employee culture - don't expect to make friends there because everybody eats at their desks. Stuck behind the times with no desire to innovate. Poor salary. Some people were blatantly unhappy working there and everybody strictly works from 9am-5pm.

Advice to Management

Incoming college graduates and interns need more training. The entry level jobs are monotonous and require revision in order to be more engaging. Need to improve HR and employee sentiment.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2017-04-10
  8. "Great people and experience!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice for over 5 years. While I was there I worked closely with really great people who I have a lot of respect for professionally, especially upper management. They not only deliver top-notch work to their clients, they really care about their employees. During my interview I met with the HR manager and principals who were extremely friendly and professional. I could also tell they were...

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I learned a lot while at the agency and made some really good connections.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice to management other than keep up the great work! I really enjoyed the work and people at MGR.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2016-08-24

"Publicity Intern"

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice

Pros

Overall, it was a relaxed environment. Doing a lot of the same things every day. Nice people. They did give a bonus at Christmas although very small.

Cons

Un-paid, seems like a lot of people are in and out of the office or just working for a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Give interns a little more structure, and pay would be nice. Overall, really nice.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2016-06-28

"PR Intern"

Former Employee - PR Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at McNeil, Gray and Rice

Pros

A great place to work. People there are very friendly and productive. I really appreciate I had such a great experience there.

Cons

I dont really think there are any cons.

McNeil, Gray and Rice2015-07-24