McNichols Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gene McNichols

1. "Industry leader that continues to innovate and grow."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at McNichols Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented company. Cares about good benefits and the employee and job security. Leader in industry. Their economies of scale buying power are unmatched.

Cons

Lacks a more modern approach like using Amazon. They could gain more customers by selling online. Look to add new ways to present products online.

Advice to Management

Look at expanding by creating a partner program online.

"Look @ the Company Photo no minorities"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at McNichols Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent place to work and earn a living . Solid business plan solid foundation and the traditions of the founders carried out . There will probably never be a minority employed there ever

Cons

Look at the company photo there is not a single minority employed at the company typical of such private companies who discriminate to the fullest!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing it appears to be working as you have managed to not hire a single minority in your company in tradition of the companies founders and carried out by the siblings

"CSS"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McNichols Company full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Wonderful co-workers. Good health care plan also. Training is good.

Cons

Micro managed, no room for advancement, You have to tell them how well you did each quarter by providing proof in order to get a bonus and it's very stressful and time consuming, you already have a busy stressful day

Advice to Management

Provide bonuses based on each person's performance from what you observe not by what they have to tell how well they did. That is something you should already know. Other then that yall are doing good. Thank you for everything.

"Bilingual CSS"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist Bilingual in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist Bilingual in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at McNichols Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of free food , salary around $38k, nice people except management . Good benefits

Cons

They promise you bonus , promotions, ladder of promotion without raise $, and you receive more work and more promises and more free food. The bonus is around $10k a year but you won't receive more than $6k before taxes.

Advice to Management

Instead of give food, Starbucks, pizza, more pizza, bagels, give more money !!!! Stop getting money for your boat and jet

6. "Feeling Appreciated"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The office and plant have a family atmosphere where everyone watches out for everyone else. There is plenty of assistance offered and they are working on a more developed training program. You can tell they are interested in the customer and making things right for them.

Cons

Fast paced and demanding work load.

Advice to Management

Continue grow the company so that new position might be created locally for those that don't want to relocate.

"Company review, Tampa"

I worked at McNichols Company full-time

Pros

Flexibility with schedule, great health insurance benefits & low cost for added family

Cons

Unethical internally, watch out once you get your 10yrs in, despite raving reviews, draw up false accusations to get you out.

Advice to Management

To the "Corporate Corner", should go back to running your business based on Biblical principles not on what society dictates.

"Customer Service Specialist (CSS) - 1/3 sales, 1/3 technical information on products, 1/3 customer service."

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at McNichols Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very fast paced work day. No day is the same and there is always something new to learn. Pay is decent though could be better. Good paid time off/sick leave - 17 days 0-5 years and 22 days 5+. People seem to generally care at company. Very customer service oriented. Minimal outbound calls to place.

Cons

Cult like atmosphere/work place. Micromanagement of employees. Unequal distribution of workload. Penalized for being good at your job having more work and responsibility without additional pay. Minimal raises in salary. Too much specialization at job duties with not enough overlap for coverage when employees are out sick or are on vacation. Bonuses are subjective from management and not based on any concrete evidence or metrics.

Advice to Management

Give annual raises to show value to long term employees that have invested so much time and effort in the company. Lessen micromanagement approach to employees. Create more broadened knowledgable employees instead of such specialization.

9. "Excellent Company to work with!"

Current Employee - SEM Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SEM Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at McNichols Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working with McNichols! I say, "with" instead of "for mcnichols" because they truly work with you and your personal goals, instead of working for their goals.

McNichols has an amazing caring and family orientated environment, where they They value their employees, encourage creativity, and appreciate people both in their life at work and their personal family life.

Unlike other companies, I look forward to come in to work every morning, and am inspired to serve our team and our customers.

Cons

Upgrade to the latest and the greatest, which we are working towards this year, so the best is yet to come!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity, and I hope you continue to honor and appreciate people as you have always done, and continue to have success.

"office worker"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McNichols Company (More than 10 years)

Pros

good training program for new employees

Cons

no raises or even cost of living increase

"Logistics - Tampa"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

They appear to be nice, a friendly working environment. They claim to get good bonus, and etc etc

Cons

This company, I would not recommend it to anyone. I worked as a temp for a specific time frame. And according to them I did my physical....key word physical job well, I was cross trained by three people and learned their data bases and systems very well. However I was let go because I was not a "cultural" fit. Im not upset, I do feel they really push their religion on people, and some of the management really doesn't know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Just because a person doesnt fit your idea of a religion or of a cultural fit, yet they do their job well you shouldnt disregard them so quickly. Give people a real chance to show what they can offer. And stop allowing the bitter bad mouthing from other people drive decisions.......like I said Im not bitter and I think it worked out in my best interest but I honestly would not recommend this job, this company, their products or services to anyone whether it be employee or consumer.