KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

McRory Pediatric Services Reviews

Updated Jun 18, 2021

Found 93 of over 97 reviews

3.8
McRory Pediatric Services Chief Executive Officer Michael McRory (no image)
Michael McRory
Pros
  • "ABA, it’s about real and positive growth for their clients(in 10 reviews)

• "Allows flexible scheduling and has activities outside of work environment(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pay is lower than other ABA companies(in 5 reviews)

• "Ability to stay organized and good time management skills are crucial(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Pediatric Therapist

Jun 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

care about employees, supervisors listen to your concerns and take actions to improve, friendly staff,

Cons

can get busy at times

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good starting job out of college

Jun 14, 2021 - Behavior Therapist in Tarzana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative work with other professionals - Multidisciplinary environment. Free yoga class once a week Paid job training

Cons

General training, but case-specific training wasn't the best. The company should definitely offer more training for field therapists. Pay is lower than other ABA companies. Some supervisors are more supportive than others. Parents had my cell number. Supervisor was always in the text thread, but I would've preferred that he communicate everything to them (how it usually works). That was added stress. HR manager didn't always respond to emails.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Top Notch Agency

Apr 24, 2021 - Behavior Therapist in Tarzana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with your class schedule Scheduler tries to check-in before every semester They’re extremely understanding & supportive

Cons

There’s a salary cap ($22/hr for BA holders, $20/AA holders) Education should be valued 100% but years of experience/excellent anual reports should also be acknowledged in the salary

HR Manager

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear that you have such a positive experience with us. We strive to be flexible, understanding and supportive of clients and staff schedules in order to ensure that we are able to provide clients all of the support they need and provide employees with as many hours as they want to work. We truly value education and experience, especially as many of our employees advance within our organization from Behavior Therapist to Registered Behavior Technician, to a mentee in our clinic based programs where staff can accrue BCBA Supervision hours, to Case Manager, and Board Certified Behavior Analyst. We ensure that our payscales are competitive within our area, and are based on credentials held, education level, and experience. We also provide performance based increases. We thank you for your years of service and dedication to the clients you worked with. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Mar 30, 2021 - BII (Behavior Intervention Implementer) in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like how this company cares about its employees, relevant (paid) trainings, yoga classes, company events, all in order to keep employees happy, stress-free, and satisfied. Also, if you are doing your job good there is a room for promotion.

Cons

Just the job by itself can be more stressful than some other jobs and that sometimes creates certain unpleasant situations.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly care about all of our team members that work so hard for our clients and families that we serve. We strive to balance potential challenges that can come with working with children with behaviors with employee trainings and employee perks. We look forward to returning back to the pre-COVID days where we can all get together at the clinic to enjoy the food trucks, or during the summer at the company picnic and at our annual holiday party. We thank you for your dedication and ongoing contributions to the clients and families you serve.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company when beginning in the field

Apr 2, 2021 - Speech Language Pathologist in Tarzana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunities to take CEUs, lots of programs you can be in where you would collaborate with OT, ABA, PT

Cons

No opportunities for moving up in the company, salary is not very competitive with others in the area

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you took advantage of all the trainings and CEU opportunities that we offer. We are proud to be an ASHA approved CEU provider, as well as are proud that we have fostered a high degree of mentorship and collaboration for all of our team members within our clinic in which you were able to experience. I am sorry to hear however that you did not feel that there were opportunities to move up within the organization, as we provide many opportunities to take on additional roles and responsibilities by supervising students, SLPAs and CFs. We also have many team members take advantage of our annual CEU stipend to gain more knowledge and/or certifications in areas of interest. In addition to these opportunities, we also offer a tiered system within our speech department which allows clinicians to move up from clinical fellow to speech-language pathologist, and then to our senior speech-language pathologist position. In addition to having private offices for our SLPs, access to a variety of assessment and treatment tools, we also offer a generous compensation package that has been found to be very competitive within the private pediatric setting in our area and we continue to watch trends to remain competitive. We also provide bonus pay opportunities in addition to paid time off, 401k, paid health and dental insurance and much more. We are grateful for your time and contributions with us and we wish you all the best in your career as an SLP.

6. 3.0

what

May 24, 2021 - BII
      Business Outlook

Pros

I LIKE TO WORK THERE

Cons

the pay was not the best

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are excited to learn that you had a positive experience working at McRory Pediatrics. We ensure that our payscales are competitive within our area, and are based on credentials held, education level, and experience. We also provide performance-based increases and differential rates of pay. We thank you for your contributions to the families you worked with. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall satisfied with my Job

Mar 3, 2021 - Behavioral Therapist in Tarzana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

higher wage than most ABA agencies, provides good BCBA mentorship, room to grow, good clinical work ethics, supportive supervisors and work in different settings (clinic, school, communities)

Cons

due to COVID-19 not many hours have been provided for the therapist to work.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the mentorship, growth opportunities and supportive supervisors provided at McRory Pediatrics. We strive to provide collaborative and supportive work environment to provide evidence-based services to our clients and families. We also try to be competitive with our pay, time off, benefits and employee perks. I see that you are looking for additional hours, please know that we currently have additional hours available, and the staffing team sends out a staffing needs e-mail to all of our behavior therapists on a weekly basis. Please reach out to let them know that you are seeking additional hours. Thank you for your contributions and we look forward to your career growth at McRory Pediatric Services.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to learn and grow as a new clinician

Feb 21, 2021 - Occupational Therapist in Tarzana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and supportive staff, a lot of learning opportunities, steady pay, plenty of mentorship and collaboration with various disciplines, good benefits

Cons

None specific to the company itself but more related to any outpatient pediatric setting- quick pace, may have to take home documentation, etc.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a five-star review. We are thrilled to hear that you took advantage of the various learning opportunities, mentorship, and collaboration with other disciplines that we offer within our clinics. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the pay and benefits, as we strive to offer a competitive compensation package. We are so lucky to have such amazing staff that all share the same goals of helping our clients and families in reaching their fullest potential. We thank you for your contributions during your time with us. We wish you all the best.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Bad

Jun 1, 2021 - Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Online fully Supervisiors are online With children

Cons

Bosses suck DOESNT respond Terrible hours

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we encouraged supervisors to provide supervision via telehealth in order to keep families, clients and staff as safe as possible. Now that more and more staff and families are being vaccinated, many supervisors have resumed in-person supervision. I would encourage you to reach out to our Human Resources Department to provide specific feedback about your supervisors and lack of response you are experiencing. They can work with you to problem solve some solutions together.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Mar 17, 2021 - Registered Behavior Technician in Tarzana, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay. Collaborative work with other professionals

Cons

burn out, driving from client to client

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your compensation and the collaborative work environment. Although, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling burnt out. I would like to encourage you to reach out to your supervisor to discuss some potential solutions. We have many clients throughout the San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley, so there may be an opportunity to adjust the amount of time in the car. We also provide in-clinic ABA services, as well as early intervention programs, and social skills classes at our clinics, which would also reduce or eliminate your drive time. We thank you for your ongoing contributions to your clients and families.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews