McRory Pediatric Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael McRory

1. "Great place to grow clinical skills!"

Former Employee - SLP in Tarzana, CA
    Former Employee - SLP in Tarzana, CA

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Greatly valued CEUs, collaboration, and EBP. Tons of support from other SLPs and disciplines. Management is very open to suggestions. I loved working there.

Cons

Although there's training and support, many of the clients have behavior difficulties. I loved working with those children, but it's not for everyone.

"Wonderful Overall Experience"

Former Employee - Clinical Program Director
    Former Employee - Clinical Program Director

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure to work in a variety of roles within this company. Here are some of the highlights:
    > The agency is a multi-disciplinary team of professionals including speech, behavior, OT, MFTs, PTs, etc. The collaboration opportunities across disciplines are wonderful and very helpful for the children and families they service.
    > The co-workers I've had are some of the best people I've ever worked with. The majority of people there are amazing, kind, and knowledgeable.
    > Big focus on promoting from within the company. The owner spends a lot of time and resources on therapists within the company who want to move up to set up many training and mentoring opportunities for them, unlike any company I've worked for prior.
    > Unique Services and Opportunities - Nikki McRory, the owner, is very open to new ideas and expanding services that many other agencies do not provide, like a sibling support group, healthy relationships class for teens on the spectrum, etc. Additionally, there are various clinic services (social skills, early intervention, etc.) as well as in-home/school services for ABA for a variety of location and different age exposure.
    > Continuous improvements in technology and benefits - Since I've started, there have been a number of upgrades and improvements with technology along with the benefits that are provided within the company.
    > Supportive staff and admin - There is quite a number of people within the company, including Nikki McRory, that are very helpful and supportive when needed with questions, consultation, morale, etc.
    > Ethical & Passionate - Even though the field can be stressful, most of the people there have a real passion for helping children and families. A lot of time is taken on training those who are being mentored and collecting their BCBA hours and a lot of care is taken on reports/data collection/etc. to ensure the services being provided are high quality.

Cons

> Like any agency, there have been a few people that have been difficult to work with. Overall, the awesome people far outweigh the difficult ones though.
    > Sometimes the workload can be intense, but I've always been able to discuss that issue and have it adjusted when needed.

"Case Supervisor"

Current Employee - Case Supervisor
    Current Employee - Case Supervisor

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for! Great teamwork between staff! I love all my coworkers and it is truly a joy coming to work. Changing clients lives everyday is beyond rewarding! I can't say enough about this company and would highly recommend McRory.

Cons

Large caseload can be overwhelming at times so you must stay organized.

5. "I'd do it all over again."

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Tarzana, CA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Tarzana, CA

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here was a great experience, anything I needed was always provided, great communication etc.

Cons

Nothing negative I can think of. I've worked at various agencies in the past and McRory stood out in a very positive way.

6. "Community and Consciouness"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist
    Current Employee - Behavior Therapist

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide a great community of people and employ people who want to work hard, make a difference, and enjoy themselves.

Cons

Training is more hands-on until you get past the first few months when they provide more. Be vocal about your needs and they will respond. It is usually only because everyone is busy working to help their clients.

Dec 28, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our goal is not only to provide excellent services to the children and families that we work with, but also to create a fun, supportive, nurturing ... More

"A Supportive Working Environment to Learn, Grow, and Establish a Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked with children with developmental disabilities for 20 years. Currently, I am working as a supervisor in the Behavior Department at McRory Pediatrics Services. In fact, I have been fortunate to be a part of McRory Pediatrics for over 8 years. During this time, Nikki and Michael McRory have been invaluable mentors who run the agency based on strict ethical guidelines and who make daily decisions with the goal, first and foremost, to improve the lives of their clients and the people who work here.

In my long career in this field, I have been exposed to several behavioral companies and different protocols to target a client’s behavior reduction and skills acquisition programs. There is often a tendency to become rigid and fit each client’s needs within a specific protocol. At McRory Pediatrics, we utilize different evidence-based protocols and strategies under the umbrella of Applied Behavior Analysis, with an emphasis in Skinner’s Verbal Behavior. To this end, Nikki has consistently made the latest articles/research, opportunities for continuing education, and in-clinic trainings available to inform supervisors of various ABA methodologies. In addition, our behavior department, made up of over 20 board certified behavior analysts, enthusiastically work in collaboration with other supervisors as well as their individual treatment teams of paraprofessionals, teachers, and caregivers to problem solve difficulties that may be encountered in clients’ school and/or home programs to effectively target goals, continually help clients progress, and minimize regression. Emphasizing the creation and maintenance of individualized programs so that the protocols and strategies are customized to the clients’ needs, and not the other way around, is what has been the priority at McRory Pediatrics and what has kept me grounded here in this agency for all these years.

As pleased as I am with our supervisors, I am also proud of our therapists who implement the treatment plans and program protocols daily in school and at home. Our direct therapists receive both online and in-clinic training as well as modeling and feedback from their individual supervisors so that they can effectively target client goals and model the strategies to caregivers. Supervisors, in turn, value their input to help us create programs that will result in positive, meaningful, and lasting changes in our clients’ lives. Words cannot describe the importance of dedicated therapists in the success of a behavioral program. Thus, we have several opportunities to support therapists in their goals to further their education and careers within the field of applied behavior analysis. Our Mentorship Program provides invaluable experience as well as hours of supervision for candidates seeking to become board certified behavior analysts and our Registered Behavior Technician Training helps our therapists acquire knowledge and fulfill the requirements to gain and maintain their RBT credential.

McRory Pediatrics is an agency that has existed for about 20 years. The agency continues to endure because it prioritizes clients’ needs above anything else, and it supports the training/education of their employees- from their supervisors to their direct therapists. As a firsthand witness, I am humbled and very blessed to be a part of McRory Pediatrics.

Cons

The field of ABA and service delivery/funding sources are constantly evolving. Changes can be overwhelming. However, asking a lot of questions, using resources available within the company, and utilizing good organizational/time management skills help supervisors keep well-informed of these changes and continue to deliver clinically/ethically sound programs for clients within the guidelines of these changes.

Advice to Management

Continue to prioritize our clients and their families and to maintain a well-informed/well-trained staff.

Nov 21, 2016 – Executive Director

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience with our company, and thank you as well for your 8 years of service. We truly strive to offer not only the highest ... More

"A great place to grow your career and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tarzana, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tarzana, CA

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Environment:
    +McRory provides a nurturing environment to their clients and employees. I started as a behavior therapist in the field and with the help of this company, I was able to further my knowledge in the field and move up to becoming a supervisor.
    +The multidisciplinary environment makes it easy for behaviorists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, child development specialists, and physical therapists to collaborate on helping our clients.
    + The behavior department has a tiered system of support which allows therapists to get support from their supervisors, supervisors to get support from their clinical supervisors, clinical supervisors get support from clinical directors, and so on...

Growth And Learning:
    + As I mentioned above, I started out as a behavior therapist in the field and this company provided me with the opportunity to grow into my position (with room for even more growth!)
    + An excellent mentorship program for staff who are working on earning their BCBA. I had such an amazing learning experience while I was in the mentorship program. I know that the hands on training I received in the program was a huge reason I was able to pass the test.
    + Benefits include CEU allowance for BCBA supervisors and on going training for staff to ensure that we are providing the most up to date and effective interventions for our clients.
    + The company provides various trainings for therapists (RBT, Verbal Behavior, CPI, etc)

Upper Management:
    + Nikki and Michael are very involved with their clients and staff. They have maintained their approachability even as the company continues to grow.
    + Nikki values her employees and she shows it in many ways such as, giving anniversary gifts, birthday cards, facebook spotlights, etc.
    + Nikki is always open to brainstorming how to improve work productivity while making sure we have a good work-life balance.
    + Diane Geary is also a pleasure to work with. She is very knowledgeable and a great resource.
    + Harmony (HR) is extremely helpful and is able to work with staff to problem solve their concerns.

Extra Activities:
    + Staff company picnic annually where staff and their family members can participate in games.
    + Fundraising events
    + Annual staff appreciation - a nice way for Nikki and Michael to show the staff their appreciation every year

Overall:
    This company has provided me with the opportunity to do what I love - help people. This field can be very challenging however, with the support that McRory Pediatrics has made accessible to me, it has been a very rewarding experience!

Cons

- Supervisor caseloads can become challenging especially when getting assigned to new cases. Very good organization skills and time management is required.
    - Because some field therapists don't intend to keep growing in this field, staffing cases can be a challenge (i.e., they move on to become teachers, go back to school in a different field, etc)

Advice to Management

This company has always prided itself with the quality of it's service rather than the quantity of it's clients. Now that the number of staff and clients have grown, the quality is still excellent! Keep up the good work! A lot of us are grateful to be part of Team McRory!

Oct 28, 2016 – Executive Director

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and heart felt review. I am thrilled to hear that you have had a positive experience with our company as our goal is not only to provide ... More

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Valencia, CA
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Valencia, CA

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

McRory Pediatrics is a professional and innovative company that values its employees. The supervisors are all very supportive, helpful, and approachable. Nikki McRory, the owner, is very hands on and is always available to employees.
    The BCBA mentorship program is excellent. As a mentee you get to collaborate with speech & language pathologists as well as occupational therapists. I strongly recommend the BCBA program, as I had a great experience.
    I have worked with the company for 7 years and truly feel it has been a blessing. Other ABA companies did not have the same family feeling to it. Nikki makes all employees feel welcomed and comfortable. She hand writes birthday and anniversary cards to all employees and ALWAYS has a smile on her face. My favorite memory was when Nikki sent all employees individualized greeting cards on Valentine’s Day, she took the time and wrote about what she appreciated about each and every one of us.
    If you are looking for a company to grow with that cares about its employees, McRory Pediatrics is the place to be.

Cons

I am very happy with the company and am unable to think of any cons.

"A great team to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for a handful of ABA companies, and McRory by far surpasses the others in every way. Not only do the clients get treated well, but the employees do as well. Nikki and Michael are always available to hear anyone's concerns and always listen with open ears. When employee or parent concerns arise in our department, Nikki and Michael always aim to find a solution that will work for all parties involved.

As our department continues to grow, I continue to see more and more supervisors who I am proud to work with, and genuinely enjoy being around. Everyone is helpful to one another and our whole department works as a team whenever possible.

Cons

You're never going to agree with every business decision when you work for someone else, but overall, I think they run a really great company.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the great work! You have many, many long-term employees because of the way that you run the company!

"Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Child Development Specialist & Behavior Therapist in Tarzana, CA

Pros

-Great staff who is willing to go out of their way to answer your questions and give feedback
    -Great company to work for when considering this field as a career
    -Opportunities to work with and learn about other professionals in the field (Speech therapists, OT therapists, etc.)
    -I have great supervisors who always keep doors of communication open; they are always willing to take time out of their days and address any questions, issues, or concerns I may have

Cons

-Some daily travel if assigned to out of clinic cases but that is typical of this field

Nov 21, 2016 – Executive Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you have had a great experience with us and enjoy the collaboration that occurs between team members and ... More