McRory Pediatric Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful Overall Experience"

Former Employee - Clinical Program Director
    Former Employee - Clinical Program Director

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had the pleasure to work in a variety of roles within this company. Here are some of the highlights:
    > The agency is a multi-disciplinary team of professionals including speech, behavior, OT, MFTs, PTs, etc. The collaboration opportunities across disciplines are wonderful and very helpful for the children and families they service.
    > The co-workers I've had are some of the best people I've ever worked with. The majority of people there are amazing, kind, and knowledgeable.
    > Big focus on promoting from within the company. The owner spends a lot of time and resources on therapists within the company who want to move up to set up many training and mentoring opportunities for them, unlike any company I've worked for prior.
    > Unique Services and Opportunities - Nikki McRory, the owner, is very open to new ideas and expanding services that many other agencies do not provide, like a sibling support group, healthy relationships class for teens on the spectrum, etc. Additionally, there are various clinic services (social skills, early intervention, etc.) as well as in-home/school services for ABA for a variety of location and different age exposure.
    > Continuous improvements in technology and benefits - Since I've started, there have been a number of upgrades and improvements with technology along with the benefits that are provided within the company.
    > Supportive staff and admin - There is quite a number of people within the company, including Nikki McRory, that are very helpful and supportive when needed with questions, consultation, morale, etc.
    > Ethical & Passionate - Even though the field can be stressful, most of the people there have a real passion for helping children and families. A lot of time is taken on training those who are being mentored and collecting their BCBA hours and a lot of care is taken on reports/data collection/etc. to ensure the services being provided are high quality.

Cons

> Like any agency, there have been a few people that have been difficult to work with. Overall, the awesome people far outweigh the difficult ones though.
    > Sometimes the workload can be intense, but I've always been able to discuss that issue and have it adjusted when needed.

Jun 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you writing such a thorough review of your experience with our company and are pleased to hear you had such a wonderful... More

2. "Unbelievably wonderful"

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services part-time

Pros

Paid trainings, tons of resources, questions answered in a timely manner, great pay (depending on qualifications) friendly atmosphere.

Cons

so far, so good in my case. I really do love it here.

Advice to Management

None. "If it ain't broke, why try to fix it?"

Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and are happy to hear you are having such a wonderful experience. We... More

3. "Office assistant"

Former Employee - Office Assistant
    Former Employee - Office Assistant

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at McRory are the best! There was never a time where I felt that I couldn't ask for help or come to someone regarding an issue I had. I will always be grateful as it was my first job right out of college. My job role taught me many skills I can take anywhere. Till now I still keep in touch with some of the people there.

Cons

Although McRory has many great qualities, they need more people in management and administrative to keep the company successful.

Advice to Management

As the company grows there needs to be more people in upper management order to run the company smoothly and keep its good reputation.

Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you writing a review of your experience and are pleased to hear you had a positive experience. As we've continued to grow as a... More

4. "A Great Place to Grow and Develop Your Career Path"

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time

Pros

Small company that gives you direct access to executive management as well as collaboration across disciplines. I have always felt very supported in pursuing further education and job opportunities to follow my desired career path.

Cons

Limited employee benefits program compared to larger companies

Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you writing a review of your experience. It is great to hear that you always felt very supported during your tenure. We strive to... More

5. "Behavior Therapist"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Santa Clarita, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone I encountered at McRory (coworkers, supervisors, families, teachers, etc) was very knowledgeable, respectful, caring, polite, with great morals and values, and would always try to make my work easy by providing me with all the materials and information I needed to do so. The reason I left the agency was because of personal issues, but I plan on coming back as soon as possible!

Cons

Supervisors will NEVER let you do their work! (The agency I used to work for previous to this one would have me do the job of a therapist and that of a supervisor!)

6. "Happily employed"

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time

Pros

Amazing facility that is family-centered with supportive co-workers in a variety of disciplines that enjoy collaborating to create a fun learning environment. Management is flexible and offers half-day Fridays. Health insurance is included and seems like good quality.

Cons

Lower salary in the outpatient pediatric setting

Jun 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share information about your experience with McRory Pediatric Services, Inc. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience thus far. We strive to be family... More

7. "Behavioral Therapist"

Current Employee - Behavior Therapist in Tarzana, CA

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company , Great People.

Cons

I personally didnt see any cons. I enjoyed working with everyone from teachers to supervisors. Its been a great time.

Jun 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience working with our company. We are thrilled to know that you are enjoying your experience with us. We hope you continue to... More

8. "Great Enviroment"

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services full-time

Pros

Great environment. People are really nice. Great Company with a big name in the field. Therapists are amazing individuals!

Cons

Human Resources is bad, not enough incentives for employers that are pretty much giving everything. Pay rate is low , hourly positions are capped within a couple of bucks. No advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

increase salaries.

May 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear about your pros as we strive to provide a welcoming and fun work environment. We agree that the therapists we work with are... More

"Behavior Therapist"

Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Tarzana, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Therapist in Tarzana, CA

I worked at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People appear to be nice and concerned for your needs. Therapists also treat each client with their best interest in mind. Paid my RBT training, great bonus.

Cons

I find that Mcrory is a difficult company to work for. They offer VERY LOW PAY. I've worked in the ABA field for 3 years, hold a masters and that was not enough to affect my rate. The amount of work you are asked to do outweighs the rate that is initially offered to you. Everyone is overworked and seem stressed which leads to a very high turnover rate. In the short time that I worked there my clients had seen so many therapists because they were always being replaced. I felt defeated and tired after every workday. My days were from 8am-5:30pm and only received one break and a lunch, how is this possible? I expressed this to my supervisor and their explanation was that it is normal in this profession. That was very strange. I now work for a new agency and let me tell you, I have fallen in love with this field all over again.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, don't just act like you do.

May 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience working with our company. We hope that if our employees are unhappy or there are issues to be discussed they would take time... More

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Program Supervisor/Therapist in Tarzana, CA
    Current Employee - Program Supervisor/Therapist in Tarzana, CA

I have been working at McRory Pediatric Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I find McRory Pediatrics to be a great company to work for! As a company, its dedication to the mission of providing quality services to children and families is evident on a daily basis. The collaborative nature of the company allows for holistic care for the families we service and provides cross training and education opportunities for all employees. I have found the company owners, Nikki & Michael McRory to be dedicated to their employees as well as the families; always trying to provide opportunities for employees to feel valued & continue growing. Family picnics, Lunch & Learn, certificates of acknowledgement, continuing education, additional benefits, End of the Year Party etc. are a few examples of activities and experiences offered to employees. I continue to appreciate their vision and am grateful to be a part of effecting positive change in peoples lives.

Cons

The people business can be challenging. Difficult families and/or interpersonal/staff issues can make work difficult at times, however, that is the nature of working in this field.

Jun 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share information about your experience with McRory Pediatric Services, Inc. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience thus far. We are happy to be able... More