Mead and Hunt Reviews | Glassdoor

Raj Sheth,

"Mead & Hunt"

Current Employee - Entry-level Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Entry-level Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Mead and Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

first job out of college and its been great so far, company culture has been fantastic and everyone has been very helpful and I have learned alot not only from the people within my office but from across all offices

Cons

I havent really come across any cons so far with my employment

Advice to Management

My manager does a great job at keeping the work life balance manageable and our office culture is very fun and light-hearted which is great to come to everyday.

2. "ok, but not with this manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Madison, WI

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

the manager I worked with was short-sighted and didn't really care about growth of the company. he was a lifer and just didn't care.

"Great Company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chesterfield, VA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chesterfield, VA

I worked at Mead and Hunt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone in my office was so kind and patient while I learned my new responsibilities. The office had a laid-back atmosphere. Very competitive salary.

Cons

Sometimes the work-load is slow.

Advice to Management

You are doing a Great job!

4. "It was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Pros

Interesting work, great benefits, and good management

Cons

Difficult to move up in the company

"Mead and Hunt is an exceptional business with a positive culture and mission."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Pros

Everyone within Mead and Hunt is a professional and treats each other with respect, it is like nothing I have experienced with previous employers. Mead and Hunt cares about the employees and the employee families.

Cons

I was unable to negotiate vacation time equivalent to my previous employer - had to sign on with one week less vacation. Vacation time is accrued monthly, so it can be a number of months of working before you accrue enough time to take one day off.

Advice to Management

The core hours employees are asked to work sometimes do not fit in to the busy schedules of families with school-aged children. Have a it more flexibility with start and end times.

"Marketing"

I have been working at Mead and Hunt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great flexibility, company culture, trust, benefits and other non-measurable perks (like working from home). Communication from above is well-shared via multiple mediums.

Cons

Although benefits are good, Marketing salaries are below industry standards according to SMPS salary reports, especially for those with >5 years of experience. Workload can be excessive and resources are often limited. Working as a marketing professional for any engineering consulting firm comes with challenges: individuals that don't respect or understand the marketing profession and often have a perception that marketing (and you as a marketing professional) are a waste of time and money...but management disagrees and does what it can to give the marketing staff due-credit.

7. "Historian"

I worked at Mead and Hunt full-time

Pros

Historically long lasting engineering practice.

Cons

Middle management is ineffective. Many employees are overworked and underpaid resulting in them mistreating those they work with. While proclaimed otherwise, there are few opportunities for advancement.

"All talk"

Pros

Most people are nice, they allow you to work offsite

Cons

Management is awful. They pretend to be all about the employees, but they aren't.

9. "Great company to work for"

Pros

Care about employees; keep everyone informed about what's going on

Cons

Can not think of any negatives to share; my family relocated otherwise I would not have left

"Watch out!"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Mead and Hunt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I think the CEO (Raj) and head of HR Department (Wendy) are good leaders, but they cannot oversee and manage all their department/program managers' corruptions.

Cons

I worked at M&H for 6 years. Every year, I was one of those who got the higher (if not the highest) percentage in pay rates and a promotion every one or two years.

A new manager was hired for the Seattle office. He didn’t know what he was doing when he first arrived. He hired a project engineer with the experience in a different discipline to manage a civil project and instructed me to design based on what he wanted. When things didn’t go as planned, the manager blamed me for the work since I was from a different office who was just helping out with the project. Things didn’t stop there; even after I left the company, this manager had been going around bad mouthing about me to my new company. Absolutely pure evil!!!

When I started to work for M&H years ago, the company had a different policy. Many former M&H managers were wonderful. They nurtured and brought the best in their employees, including me. They protected and sheltered their staff members. In return, I worked very hard for them. Many good managers left the company. Current managers are only protecting their interests; they do not give a damn about anyone. If you plan to work for M&H, be prepared to play politics. If you are good at technical, this is not the company you want to work for.

I conducted an excellent review for M&H on my second year working for them. I am taking that back. The company is no longer a good company to work for.

--Review From The Heart.