Measurement Incorporated Reviews

Updated May 26, 2020

2.7
Measurement Incorporated President         Dr. Henry H. Scherich (no image)
Dr. Henry H. Scherich
Pros
Cons
  • "low pay considering they require a bachelor's degree(in 17 reviews)

• "No benefits,no guarantee of getting rehired(in 13 reviews)

1. "Great work from home job"

5.0
    Former Employee - Scorer

I worked at Measurement Incorporated part-time for less than a year

Pros

Convenient, challenging but not difficult

Cons

Work project ends without warning

Measurement Incorporated2019-08-05
  2. "Expected to grade too quickly"

Former Employee - Exam Evaluator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Measurement Incorporated full-time for less than a year

Pros

Maybe it wouldn't have been as challenging for someone with a longer attention span. Management tried to be friendly. Co-workers were nice.

Cons

They expected us to grade too quickly. I felt pressured, and like I wasn't being fair to the students. It was also some of the most repetitive work I've ever done. I thought I would lose my mind from boredom.

Measurement Incorporated2020-05-27
  3. "Be prepared for tedious work"

Current Employee - Reader Evaluator

I have been working at Measurement Incorporated full-time

Pros

The pay was reliable and consistent with electronic payroll application.

Cons

The work can get tedious, especially for certain scoring projects with several objectives.

Measurement Incorporated2019-12-26

"Poor management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Contract Administrator III

I worked at Measurement Incorporated full-time

Pros

Good teammates, laid back, work from home

Cons

Poor to no management, distribution of work uneven, no salary increases, no reviews of any kind.

Measurement Incorporated2020-01-27

"Not What It Used to Be"

Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Measurement Incorporated full-time

Pros

• Flexible work schedule • Benefits • Some great people that made the workplace pleasant • Back when business was good, Measurement Inc. was a great place to work

Cons

• There were tons of problems from upper management on down, the biggest being the lack of communication. Because of the financial downturn, there was constant fear around the office as employees had no idea if they were going to lose their jobs (or if the company was going to be bought out). It also didn’t help that some of managers were incapable of communicating with employees because they just weren’t good managers. • The lack of employee evaluations made it hard to know where you stood (though if you were let go during the many layoffs in recent years, there you go). There was very little praise for a job well done, and whatever appreciation you did receive typically came in the form of more work thrown your way with zero pay increase. • If you had a question about a time-sensitive issue, the people that needed to respond tended to just disappear for days with no kind of follow-up reply. • Some people there were just mean and belligerent for no reason whatsoever. Some people were just lazy, passing their work off onto others and then taking credit for it (managers especially).

Measurement Incorporated2019-12-31

"Working... for what?"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Measurement Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fairly relaxed environment. Decent pay and good benefits.

Cons

Uneven distribution of work. One developer will get assign themselves and do all the work while others are left to twiddle their thumbs and try to come up with something to say at the daily standups,

Measurement Incorporated2019-11-12
  7. "Good seasonal position"

Former Employee - Reader Evaluator in Detroit, MI

I worked at Measurement Incorporated part-time

Pros

Working remotely from home is convenient. The work is seasonal. Employment is secured no later than late March., and scoring starts April - mid June. The Team Leaders are supportive and encourage questions about scoring test. My preference subject was Math. I'm not sure if leadership is the same with English test scoring.

Cons

I haven't had a raise in 3 seasons. The pay could be increased by a dollar or two, especially for experienced Evaluators.

Measurement Incorporated2019-07-26
  8. "Great Employees, Great Benefits"

5.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Durham, NC

I worked at Measurement Incorporated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid Time Off, Free Healthcare

Cons

Recent Layoffs during holiday time and sudden.

Measurement Incorporated2019-07-24

"Evaluator"

I have been working at Measurement Incorporated

Pros

Remote work, decent hours, seasonal, fairly easy job and perfect for those needing a supplemental income. Bachelor's required.

Cons

Terrible pay, monotonous, requirements to get the job is too much.

Measurement Incorporated2019-06-12

"Avoid"

Current Employee - Reader/Researcher in Durham, NC

I have been working at Measurement Incorporated part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home when there is work

Cons

Low pay Run out of work without notice. You must log in at 8:30am and work for 30 minutes, then run out of work and then log in again at 12:45 to work another 30 minutes and be told to come back tomorrow. You will not work most of the year. Their system broke for a solid week and we never even got a ‘bear with us’ email or any corespondence. I had to call a scoring center to find out what was going on as my emails went unanswered. You are at their mercy. DONT count on work because you can’t- the only check you can count on is for ‘qualifying’. I worked for them for 3 years because I house-bound! In that 3 years I made less than $2000 and I passed all qualifications!

Measurement Incorporated2019-05-02