Mechanics Hub Reviews | Glassdoor

Mechanics Hub Reviews

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mechanics Hub .

"Working at Maizis & Miller"

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Toronto, OH
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Toronto, OH

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I find this company is a great place to work. My training was fantastic and the ongoing support is always there. The people here have one thing in common.....they are very intelligent and I find it refreshing to work with people of their calibre. I make a very good living working at Maizis & Miller and plan on being here for many yrs. to come. I also enjoy all the extra curricular activities that the company does for us. I feel fortunate to work here!

Cons

They don't micromanage you so to be successful you need to be organized and have your own internal sense of urgency. I'm not sure that is necessary a con but if you need to be structured, monitored and consistently told what to do this place is not for you. A very entrepreneurial environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing.

2. "Excellent Organization"

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time

Pros

Comfortable environment, competitive pay, excellent business model, very progressive, established firm with tried and true methods and policies in place. The company really believes in investing in people and bringing out the best in them while trying to keep things as fair as possible. The snacks are pretty nifty too.

Cons

ATS could use some work, but it's constantly improving. No system is perfect and it's still one of the best ones I have ever used in recruiting. Website is a bit clunky at times, however it is also being streamlined to allow for faster speed while offering a wealth of content.

Advice to Management

Keep focused and your minds open. It is your ability to coach effectively and integrate new ideas and accommodate changes in the marketplace without compromising integrity that keeps you innovative and ahead of your competition.

3. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team environment, open door policy, good clients to work with.

Cons

I would like to see vision care to be included in the benefits. But I also understand not every company has it as it is expensive to be included.

5. "Great Place, Great People!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

- Great group of people both inside and outside the office
    - great training with plenty of constructive feedback
    - very committed management
    - excellent rewards for hard work

Cons

- Can be a bit slow to adopt new methods
    - lack of autonomy
    - large but manageable workload
    - expect to work hard

Advice to Management

Add a bit of autonomy and flexibility/ work-life balance. Either then that, keep up the great work!! I really enjoyed my time there.

May 24, 2016 – Vice President

Thank you for the review and we will take into consideration your feedback and advice provided.

"Right Direction"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome work environment. Everyone is very supportive with an emphasis on being a team. High level of autonomy on the job. Great to know if you put the effort in, the results will come.

Cons

Must be able to ride the highs and the lows like any "sales" based jobs. It takes time to learn the craft in this niche market.

Advice to Management

Continue pushing for growth. I see a very bright future as the company expands. Looking forward to a successful with Mechanics Hub!

Nov 30, 2015 – Vice President

I am encouraged to hear this feedback. Attitude maintenance is a key component to being successful at Mechanics Hub. Helping people enhance their livelihood is a very rewarding experience.

"Positive working environment"

Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist
    Current Employee - Recruitment Specialist

Pros

I have had the pleasure work with Mechanics Hub for some time now, and it is an opportunity like no other. The people I have the pleasure of working with everyday, Management and Staff treat everyone life family. There isn't a day that I am not happy to be at work. Mechanics Hub has given me every opportunity to succeed, and grow my career.

Cons

This type on industry isn't for everyone.

Nov 30, 2015 – Vice President

Our employees are our most important asset! I completely agree with Richard Branson's philosophy, "Clients do not come first. Employees come first, If you take care of your employees, they will ... More

8. "Team- Oriented Environment + Visionary Leaders"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Mechanics Hub (re-branded from Maizis & Miller Recruitment Specialists) for 11 years and love working here! This is a family run business that truly cares about its employees and fostering a team environment. I appreciate the readily available support we get from coworkers and management alike.

Our Vice President, Ron Maizis, is constantly thinking of new and innovative ways to improve our operation and recruiting techniques, so that we are always on the cutting edge of technology and further establishing ourselves as industry leaders! His efforts have helped streamline work processes, attract better candidates, which means results for everyone.

Some perks of working with Mechanics Hub (besides being able to work with a stellar team and the earning potential):
    * Company sponsored team outings (i.e. Go-Karting, Bowling, Archery, Axe Throwing, Paintball, to name a few).
    * Company paid Christmas break shutdown
    * Fresh Snacks
    * Bottomless Coffee/Tea

I recommend Mechanics Hub to anyone who enjoys an inclusive environment and where your earning potential is limitless.

Cons

This is a fast paced environment where you deal with many types of people, so it can be very stressful - but at least you have fresh coffee throughout the day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and I look forward to being a part of our continued growth!

Nov 30, 2015 – Vice President

It's been said that recruiting is one of the only personal growth opportunities disguised as a job. There are a lot of reasons why people enjoy their jobs and stay with a company beyond monetary ... More

"Happy to wake up and come here every day"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Specialist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Maizis & Miller for 5 years and there has not been a day yet where I don't look forward to waking up and going in to work. Work with a great group of people, get treated like I am part of the family and am given every opportunity available to succeed.

Cons

This is a place for someone with thick skin and can handle a demanding work load. This is not an easy industry to work in and with the niche Maizis & Miller is in, makes it a bit harder. Might not be for everyone who can't handle the higher than average work load and stress that comes with the industry.

"Great company that treats its employees like family"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mechanics Hub full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great things about working at Maizis & Miller. The ability to work independently, new ideas are encouraged, company outings to celebrate achievements, great earning potential, good working hours, great office environment, satellite radio and of course the constant snacks that are provided for everyone.

Cons

Working at Maizis & Miller as a recruiter is not for everyone. It can be a demanding job and needs someone who is competitive, organized and driven. For those that are not able to self motivate Maizis & Miller might not be a great fit.

Nov 11, 2014 – Vice President

We respect our employees and understand that they are the cornerstone of our success. Without great employees no amount of planning or goals can be achieved. Our goal is to create a environment of ... More