Med-Dyne Reviews | Glassdoor

Med-Dyne Reviews

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"The best place I ever worked"

Pros

My favorite part of working at Med-Dyne was the flexibility. All employees are encouraged to spend their time using their own strengths so everyone works very efficiently and as a team.

The President is always willing to help and provide any resources you need to excel at your job. He is first in and last out so no matter how hard you are working for the company, you know your boss is always working harder.

The company values employees as their most important assets. I have worked here for 5 years and was able to take a full year off for maternity leave and able to come right back to my same desk when I was ready. If anything happens with my child I am able to take care of it with no questions asked.

Cons

I can say in 5 years of working here there has never been one con.

Everyone does work very hard and the benefits and compensation are unmatched by any other company I know.

It is a very fast pace hardworking environment which I enjoy but if you want a job to kill time I would not recommend working here.

"Wonderful work experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Med-Dyne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My work experience with Med-Dyne was overall a positive one. The work-load was manageable, the hours and pay were reasonable and the staff was supportive. My co-workers were always willing to help explain procedures to me and gave me the independence and confidence to work at my own speed. My job duties were very structured and expectations of my work were made clear; which made my job much easier. Med-Dyne takes its employees suggestions to heart. If you have a good idea, or a new and better way of doing something, they will listen.

Cons

I won't say everything with Med-Dyne is perfect, but I will say the management does care. There are times where we may have a goal, but you aren't sure how we are getting there. Management will always try to help you understand the big picture.

"Really nice place to work, low stress"

Current Employee - Production
    Current Employee - Production

Pros

Med-dyne rewards people for hard work. Work schedule is not demanding and you leave at 5:00 everyday. Been working here long time and they take care of their employees, everyone is treated like family if you do good work.

Cons

Sometimes they hire temp agencies for extra help

4. "Administrative Assistant"

Pros

Med-Dyne will pay you whatever you ask for! They take care of their workers and treat everyone like family. If you work hard they will reward you.
    We got Fridays off in the summer, the boss would buy lunches, and you could always count an an annual pay increase. Every year we got Christmas bonuses.
    The company is expanding and there is no risk of downsizing. They are always hiring and everyone is always friendly and upbeat.

Cons

My husband was transferred out of state so I had to quit, I've never found a better place to work and miss Med-Dyne and the people.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Clinical Sales Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Clinical Sales Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

Benefits are terrible. If you are not family or part of the "inner circle" they treat you like crap. There is no guidance. They do not give any one a chance to get in and used to what they are doing. They expect you to read their minds and know stuff that is impossible to know unless you've been there for years. Then they talk to you like you are stupid for not knowing. There is a lot of talking behind people's back and they do not give you feedback on how you are doing until they rip you a new one. They will never grow their business until they keep people in positions and give them a chance. I began to worry after being there a week and noticing how much turn over they have had.

Advice to Management

Like I said you will never grow your business with as much turnover that you have. You can't build relationships with clients until you keep it consistant.

6. "Unfair"

I worked at Med-Dyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give a very good first impression of company and for a small company, they make a lot of sales which is impressive.

Cons

Very unrealistic expectations for new employees! I was fired with no warning which is something they say they don't do. I feel was not given much of a chance to get into a routine and had to basically mind read in order to have stayed. Their high turnover rates are only going to continue with the unrealistic expectations and unprofessionalism. The above comments are completely correct. I feel that the policy for professionalism and courtesy in the workplace to treat everyone with respect was not followed by all employees. It is unfortunate that you at first feel like you are welcomed in but then fired unexpectedly. It is a shame and hope it changes in the future

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach and give people more of a chance.

7. "Hardly any benefits, bad management and little to no training."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Med-Dyne (More than a year)

Pros

Med-Dyne is very friendly when you interview and first start. They are family run basically and seem very nice. That does not last long with anyone. Reading other reviews will tell you that. They cover a very small potion of health coverage so most people get their own plans.

Cons

Compensation is okay and you're always off on time. However, I would rather have those aspects hurting in order to work in a better enviroment. They are very demeaning here and dont seem to know how to train. If your production you're put out on the floor the first day within an hour. Office employees are expected to know everything almost immediately which is nearly impossible given their work load. If someone says they do like it here I almost guarantee they worked very limited hours and were well-liked by the owner. I would suggest asking about turnover in your interview. Keep in mind no one seems to stay more than 3 months.

Advice to Management

Actually train your employees and open your eyes to the high turnover.

8. "Working there"

Pros

It's a good place to practice yourself cause you've learned by urself a lot.

Cons

A profitable company. High expectation.

"Employee Review"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Manager in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Manager in Louisville, KY

Pros

Not one "pro" I can think of

Cons

Only family members are welcome in their "work" environment. Very toxic atmosphere.