MedAssets Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good"

Current Contractor - Patient Account Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Patient Account Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

No cups in the kitchen.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Poor representation High turnover"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

Dress attire, make new friends

Cons

Recruiter totally misrepresent the needs of the company. Commission based. Success or who gets hired is based on who you know or in their budget. Constant turnover. All Project based work with high rework due to no one knowing what to do.

Advice to Management

Get a recruiter with a healthcare background. Stop hiring friends from other failing companies. Running the company with an old mindframe will result in more failure and turnover.

"Manager, Client Projects"

Former Employee - Manager, Client Projects in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Manager, Client Projects in Nashville, TN

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong culture and multiple opportunities to move up in the organization. Many employees have been with the organization over 15 years which shows strength and confidence in the company direction.

Cons

Product features and enhancements never change year over year. This causes challenges for the implementation and services team once a contract signs and you are ready to kickoff the project.

Advice to Management

Invest in more R&D of the product base in addition to employee training and education.

4. "Manager"

Former Employee - Tennessee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Tennessee in Nashville, TN

I worked at MedAssets (More than 5 years)

Pros

Worked for MedAssets for approximately 5 years and enjoyed working there. Company offers great benefits, awesome compensation packages, and is focused on employee relations.

Cons

When employed, I worked up to 80 hours a week. This made it difficult to have a work/life balance. However, with this being said, the compensation package was great. The pros definitely outweighed the cons.

Advice to Management

None

5. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at MedAssets (More than 5 years)

Pros

The organization is very employee focused

Cons

I really don have any

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

"Disappointed in Nashville Office"

Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great medical benefits and PTO benefits. Great fundraising activities. They have some great people that they neglect and don't utilize.

Cons

The company has managers and supervisors that retaliate against employees when their told information they don't agree with. Nepotism is key in promotions, its definitely not WHAT you know but WHO you know. I was once a new hire exploring this site for insight into this company. I hoped my experience would be different with hard work but it was exactly as stated here. Your told to step out of your comfort zone and try other career paths but punished when you do. Managers are allowed to speak to you with no respect without any consequences. My worst job experience ever and I worked for McDonald's at 16.

Advice to Management

The only way to move up is becoming close friends with certain people in this office. If they feel threatened by you, you won't be employed there very long.

"Two steps away from being in hell"

Current Employee - Par in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Par in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees I work with made it a great place to work

Cons

Senior management is a joke!! They do not have an open door policy.. If u disagree with them you too will soon be gone.. They are prejudice in the Nashville office.. They have offered hush money to black people ready to sue for being fired for no reason.. They have a manager who openly admits she is involved with the KKK and upper management is aware and does not care.. She has been heard calling a group of people the "N" word and all that happens is she gets promoted... If you are a minority you will never move up in this company.
    Another example: One white par and One black par applies for the same position.. The white par has no background in this type of business she used to sell ice cream.. The company uses all of The black pars ideas and continually ask her for more ideas.. When the decision is made the whit par got the position!!! Surprise surprise !!!! Very prejudice people.. John bardis is aware of all that is going on, but because he is more worried about showing his face on tv and trying to pretend how great he is...
    The post u see on here are not always accurate because we are being told that when there are too many neg comments they want us to get on here and fake some positive ones... Just be careful of this company.. It's not what it seems

Advice to Management

Get your head out if your butts and pay attention.. You have great people here.. Promote the good ones and stop promoting them just because they are white

MedAssets Response

Oct 24, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

At MedAssets, we are committed to fostering the highest standards of business conduct and creating a work environment that exhibits the highest levels of integrity. As part of our continuing efforts... More

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly people, helpful managers, and good pay

Cons

Seated to close together without petitions you can over here your coworkers calls while you're trying to talk to your client.

Advice to Management

More space needed for privacy

MedAssets Response

Sep 29, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thanks for your feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience here at MedAssets.

9. "Exciting new company"

Current Employee - Patient Accounts Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay great benefits good people and great opportunity. Promotions are maenly internal and very frequent

Cons

Some miserable staff lack of formal training program system problems

Advice to Management

Get rid of the employes who are dragging down moral, they act like mgmt owes them something or like their not getting paid we all know people begging for jobs and some of these people here act likke they made it in life already. Managment is young with a divers mix of talent, some very experience and some up and coming but most of them are really focused on succeeding and always available to help. Lots of promotions as they are grwoing. The opportunity to make a diffrence here is more than anywhere I have worked or herd about. If you are a hard worker and motivated to do well in a career, no better place in the area to work for and grow with, just ignore the miserable ones though.

"HORRIBLE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Benefits & bonuses are about the only thing I can say that is good about working in Nashville. There are a few in management that are good at their job.

Cons

There are some upper management that do not know what they are doing & do not need to be in the positions they are in. There are too many cliques with some management & employees, a little closer than what there should be. Too much Drama. If someone does not get their way, they wine about it, until they get their way. The dress code is another issue. Some people need to look in the mirror before they leave the house, some should not be wearing what they are & nothing is said to them. But if it was some of us & we wore something like that, we would get in trouble & get sent home & it is all because we do not kiss butt to get somewhere in this company.

Advice to Management

Really sit back & learn all your team, don't just have your favoriates. You don't know what kind of talent you really have on your teams, because you don't take the time to learn everyone.