MedAssets Reviews | Glassdoor

MedAssets CEO R. Halsey Wise
R. Halsey Wise

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"senior consultant"

Pros

Good benefits and good team

Cons

No structured training provided for the new members

Advice to Management

Change in management frequently causes lot of stress

"Worst, Soul Sucking Experience of My Life"

Former Employee - Director in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Director in McKinney, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work there that are so sweet. Such a great community of folks that really care about each other and want to have a relationship with each other.

Cons

Leadership does not care about the people that work there at all. They ruthlessly pit people against each other. It is by far the most disgusting, harassment filled, dysfunctional place that I have ever worked. Ever.

3. "Identity Crisis"

Pros

Some nice people to work with.

Cons

Hell hole with the buyout/merger.

4. "Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Mesquite, TX

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Facility. Good amenities. OK Benefits.

Cons

Absolutely horrible internal management in the IT department.

Advice to Management

Don't even know where to start with this....

5. "Poor representation High turnover"

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

Dress attire, make new friends

Cons

Recruiter totally misrepresent the needs of the company. Commission based. Success or who gets hired is based on who you know or in their budget. Constant turnover. All Project based work with high rework due to no one knowing what to do.

Advice to Management

Get a recruiter with a healthcare background. Stop hiring friends from other failing companies. Running the company with an old mindframe will result in more failure and turnover.

"If your lucky"

Former Employee - New Jersey in Little Falls, NJ
    Former Employee - New Jersey in Little Falls, NJ

I worked at MedAssets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice building and grounds
    Easy Access to highway
    Employee parking
    If you lucky to land 1 of a kind Supv/Management you can succeed.

Cons

Lack of Training
    Employees don't know where or how to start training
    Unrealistic expectations
    No teamwork
    If lower management don't like you they will find a way for you not to succeed.
    Temp Agency Kforce does not follow up with employees to make sure they are happy and receive adequate training needed to succeed.
    Kforce is only available for hiring and termination only.

Advice to Management

Upper Management and HR needs to be more proactive in the success of everyone on board not every employee follow MedAsset mission and with time need a refresher course on MedAsset mission and values.

"Worst compensation - Managers/VP/SVP full of lies"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX

Pros

Work life balance, but it comes at a cost. If you get any raise it would be around half of your paycheck. Also bonus is half of your paycheck as well if you are lucky to get one.

Cons

Compensation is the worst I have encountered since I have been here for more than 4 years. Every year they come up with same lame excuses/lies at the annual review. You get a lousy 1% raise which is not even close to keep up with inflation.

No long term plan of the product. In my 4 years, I have seen some really good talented people come and go because of lack of product vision from the upper management. People who are here are stuck cause nobody would hire them outside of Medassets.

Stat as far away from this company as possible.

Advice to Management

Be honest and be loyal to your employees who on their annual review look good but get close to no raise or bonus. What is the point of the annual review? Insult them with little or no raise?

"Director"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your other teammates that have become a family to you... the handful of old faithfuls that still exist in the company (although very few).

Cons

Your leadership team does not care about you. You are merely a number to them. They fake smiles to you but look at you as a sheep behind closed doors. They lie to you when it means that they might be exposed as frauds as they are... I have been in many of the closed door meetings and I can tell you, they truly believe that anyone can be replaced. They think they can do it without you and they look down their noses at you. I have heard the words "the cabinet" uttered more times as the group of folks that know nothing about your business, you, or your jobs as being the group that is leading our decisions. But they don't actually make any decisions. They smile at each other, kiss each others butts, and somehow manage to not get anything accomplished are done. I have personally been told to not bring up things that might offend someone. To just keep my mouth shut and watch the bus be driven off the cliff. You don't have to do that... there are other companies out there that will pay you more, that will respect you and that won't tolerate a leadership team that refuses to step up and support their people or make the tough decisions that need to be made. I have been offered more money in return to keep my mouth shut about how poorly people are being paid and treated. If you know what's best for you, leave. Now. Immediately. I cannot stress enough how much they do not care about you and will lie directly to your face.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at "the cabinet" Climb out of your ivory tower. You've all been telling you have no clothes on. Take a look at yourself.

9. "Not a career company."

I worked at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Good pay, nice people, interesting work.

Cons

Teams lack cohesion due to poor communication by management. Poor work life balance. Expectations unclear due to lack of training and leadership.

Advice to Management

Make managers accountable for the people they manage. Turnover reflects poorly to outside clients and dissolves morale among employees.

"Bad experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I honestly don't have any pros to share.

Cons

As a contractor (consultant) I had to stop work, twice, due to lack of payment for literally months. I received incorrect payments multiple times also. Trying to get anything done on the project I was working on was a huge challenge. Lots of bureaucracy, and not a well-functioning one at that. Tons of wasted time. Probably the most frustrating work experience of my career. I'm glad I was only working as a consultant. I left as soon as I could.

Advice to Management

Pay people on time. Improve infrastructure.