MedAssist Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Vice President"

I have been working at MedAssist full-time

Pros

Focused on the customer and willing to change in order to meet customer needs.

Cons

Pockets of disfunction within the organization sometimes make it challenging to meet goals.

Advice to Management

Bring in more leadership with broad industry experience for fresh, new ideas. Stay focused on the customer and the company culture will follow.

"SUPERVISOR"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at MedAssist full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Get to help people with no insurance.

Cons

Can never do a good enough job for the client. Management is severely underpaid. Supervise 25 people in the state and earn 41,000. Very stressful. Never able to meet goal for client. Employees are not appreciated. No Christmas bonus. Yearly raise increases 1.5 percent.

3. "Good company to work for."

Pros

Good training opportunities and above average pay.

Cons

Not much room for advancement in lower positions.

4. "Dont Bother"

Pros

- nothing I can think of

Cons

- hired me then pushed my start date back twice and threatened to do it a third time.

5. "Pressure and Never Good Enough"

Current Employee - Receivables Manager
    Current Employee - Receivables Manager

I have been working at MedAssist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees that are there to do a great job and want to succeed. Leadership works well,together ans will help one another out because we have all been thrown into the position with no,training.

Cons

Upper management expect rhw Leadership,team to,keep a smile on their face even after they run from one meeting to the next basically hearing how bad we suck as a department. Employees see it and it bothers them. Large amount of,employees leave because they feel the environment is ridiculous!

Advice to Management

Remember and proactive what you preach to your leadership team because your actions and demeanor tells the story

6. "Management"

Current Employee - Eligibility Director in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Eligibility Director in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at MedAssist full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Traveling across several states networking with clients. Ability to work independently and with a team in all aspects of operations. Good benefits and salary. Opportunity to lead teams to achieve their fullest potential. Career advancement. Technology that enables more efficient workflows and best practices within the industry. Developing professional friendships with coworkers. Great clients!

Cons

Managing new hire training is often challenging without a dedicated training team. To meet or exceed performance goals requires 50+ hours on average weekly.

Advice to Management

Develop dedicated onsite training teams for each region to provide stronger support to new hires and region management. Continue to solicit employee feedback and make changes as appropriate.

7. "Decent"

I have been working at MedAssist (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is nice and the benefits are okay. I'm not micromanaged by my bosses and I they are understanding of my work load. I work hard to get as much as I can done and then when I leave work I do just that. I don't take it home with me and that's good for my sanity.

Cons

Lots of deadlines and there is not much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Maybe a little more training and hire more people for Onsite Inpatient Reps.

"Worst company ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

Good starting pay and had benefits...........

Cons

No training. 1.5 percent raise per year. Don't care about employees just about the dollars for the hospital. No room for advancement.

9. "reqruting e mail"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at MedAssist full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I received a recruiting e-mail from the company, don't know why. So went to see what others think about the company. Not a surprise.

Cons

Almost all the reviews are negative: lack of or poor training; dis respect and not caring about employees; poor communication between line employees and management'; company mission statement should reflect only concerned with bottom line not patients. Personally noticed all this, but to see so many others express the same thoughts, I'm looking for another ob.;

Advice to Management

Try managing positively and listen to your staff.

10. "Sad place to work. ..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

At first I thought the company was really making a difference in people's lives.

Cons

No incentives, low to no raises some years. Was employed for 7 yrs and was given 30 day notice that our office was closing. Had to sign paperwork that we would stay til the end of the month. Then when we all got our last checks they did not give some people their vacation money and us that did get checks they took out so much taxes we all thought it just had to be some mistake. But when we called HR of course no one could give any answers. The 2 managers at our office had no management skills. They had no interaction with us what so ever unless they had something neativeto say. I really don't know how I lasted their so long. They had no control over what was going on in the office. Went to HR nothing changed. At the end zI really dreaded going to work. Glad to be working at a new company that pays more and less work with better managers.

Advice to Management

Get some management training classes !!!!!!!!