MedExpert MIC Reviews | Glassdoor

MIC

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeffrey Hiller

1. "working at medexpert"

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I scroll through a lot of the reviews in big part because I don't usually know how to start what I want to say and i think that what really stands out to me is a lot of polarized opinions. So with that said I think that I want to write my point of view which is actually more middle of the road in a positive way. I like that I have flexible hours at work and that I can help people on the phones. I actually do feel like I can talk to my boss and that she will listen to me so I think that is a positive thing. I haven't been working here for very long, but I like my coworkers and I like the office and the setups.

Cons

It is hard to sit for so long all day and then get tethered to a phone call that might make my schedule have to change like going to lunch later because I was on the phone with a client, but it is pretty easily managed. I only gave the company a 4 because I do see a lot of room for improvement, but i also see a lot of effort to make things change. I hope the longer I stay the more I can maybe start navigating on my own and be a positive influence and help others when they are newer.

Advice to Management

overall I like working here and like the job, but i think more benefits would be nice and maybe more interaction with all employees so we can all feel like a big team.

2. "transition from temp to full time"

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came into MedExpert during a busy time and was hired initially as a temp doing various tasks and i ended up liking the job and the culture and was then hired full time from that
    the pros I think were how easy it was to transition to a full time role and also the training i get is really helpful

Cons

The cons i think include the location of the work place because its far from where i live, but redwood city has a lot of good places in there downtown area.

Advice to Management

this site is making me put advice to management in order to make a full post

3. "New job"

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the people i work with and I like the location, it is easy to get to and convenient for me. The job is pretty strait forward and easy to get a hold of. There are times when there is a lot going on and then some times when it is really laid back. I don't have a lot to do yet in the quiet times, but i see other people when you have been here for awhile get more things to do. I also like how clean everything is and the snacks.

Cons

Sometimes its to much information for me to grasp all at once, but i think that'll get easier and the management seems to be making changes to things. I hope that benefits get bigger too.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice yet, but i have to write something here.

"MedExpert"

Current Employee - MIC
    Current Employee - MIC

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is good because it is a good way to talk to people and help them with their problems with health and benefits. Also good because company is clean, respectful, and seems to be making changes that are a lot better for the employees. I also like my coworkers, they are a good gorup of people that I would like to hang with even outside of work

Cons

SOmetimes its hard to leave the problems at the door when i leave, the people we help sometimes have really difficult things they might be going through, but that's why i went into this job in the first place. And maybe a clearer path to how to rise up would be helpful.

Advice to Management

I like the changes that you have made already to make the employees feel cared for. Sometimes its hard to stick to a schedule because you never know how long a call goes or if someone calls in and its during your break.

"Awful place to work"

Former Employee - MIC/RN
    Former Employee - MIC/RN

I worked at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The doctors are very nice! That's about it.

Cons

Well since my previous review was removed for no reason... here goes! I will keep posting reviews and I'm sure for every negative review that gets posted, a positive review will pop- up from the owners. Very classy!
    The RN's that work there cannot handle the real world of nursing so they work there in a call center doing nothing with their lives.
    Clients have to participate in a "wellness" program or else they will lose insurance. Families with ill children are affected, it's disgusting what this family will do to make a buck.
    Questionable employees with questionable backgrounds, I'll leave that one to your imagination. Can't give too much detail otherwise my review will get removed.
    Toxic environment with owners screaming at people and laughing about it later. Awful!
    I am so glad I quit without notice because they don't deserve any courtesy.
    Horrible technology that constantly crashes, then, you get yelled at for not working.
    NO chance for promotion because they hire family members for management positions.

Advice to Management

Keep posting positive reviews owners and "managers." It's assuming to read because all your positive reviews sound the same.
    If you need to earn a buck people then work there but look for a real job on the side.

"Lies upon lies"

Former Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I worked at MedExpert full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were friendly and they were the only reason I had a decent 10 mins per day there
    Not sure if free sodas are a considered a pro
    And for the time I was there we got lunch 3 times...i dont know why people keep saying they get lunch once a week-must be the management writing these oh so positive reviews. The only reason nurses are there is because they hate nursing and couldn't make it in the real world of nursing

Cons

Revolving door
    So many employees quit and left the 'boxes' full of clients, no one bothered to check in on them.
    Management is all family and personal friends, don't ever think you'll get promoted no matter how hard you work
    Supposed to receive a bonus after 3 months but instead you get called in and nothing but negative feedback during your evaluation (to the point where 'you took too many bathroom breaks on day X therefore you didn't work hard enough')
    Been 10 years and still calling themselves a start up, they need to learn that they will never be successful

Advice to Management

Go home and stop pretending to help people

"MIC"

Current Employee - MIC in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at MedExpert full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free drinks, lunches a few times a week, AT TIMES help people who need a second opinion from a doctor, and flexible hours only because they don't believe in sick pay, personal time off, or holiday pay. OK job if you're desperate and need cash, student, or need a job ASAP while looking for a CAREER. It's an easy job, no thinking required.

Cons

POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE POSTED BY COMPANY OWNERS!

Since it's a family owned company, there is very small chance to move up in the company. This is a big family, don't count on a promotion. The attitude from the owners is "you don't like it, get out." Directors will steal your ideas and pass them off as their own. Boring job, same calls day in day out. You never know what to expect when you come in the door each day. I spoke to many people, sick people with sick children, who lost their insurance due to the contract this company has set up with various unions and other company's. A lot of lies and cover- up's. Again, the positive reviews on here are posted by the company owners- so obvious!

Advice to Management

They won't listen, why bother? Stop being shady and stop posting positive reviews. How do you sleep at night doing what you do?