KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MedExpress Urgent Care

Is this your company?

MedExpress Urgent Care

Add a Review

MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews about "12 hour shifts"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Found 83 of over 648 reviews

3.2
MedExpress Urgent Care President Dean Hatcher (no image)
Dean Hatcher

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

11h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MedExpress Urgent Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "12 hour shifts"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 30, 2021 - Front Office Assistant in Vienna, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

12 hour shifts so you have less work days Great management Incentives

Cons

Very fast paced Frequent protocol changes

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It’s all just how you personally feel/can handle in 12 hour shifts

Oct 7, 2021 - Front Office Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to further study and keep on learning about any health care field it’s a great place to start. You work at an urgent care plus getting customer experience. The pay isn’t bad for starting out, the coworkers and management are great, I guess it depends where you work.

Cons

We got a two 15 and one 30 minute break and it’s not enough. Working 12 hours is already so mentally draining and stressful and we only got a 30? On top of that the front office job itself a lot of the work as in everything you do is determined by clicks on the computer. It’s so fast paced and truly it comes down to how much you can handle at the same time. There’s a lot of work that comes with it and if you can multitask that’s great but giving it a try to see if it’s something for you is the best option. It wasn’t that bad but to me personally there was a lot of things I didn’t like and I wouldn’t do it again.

3. 4.0

Easy Job, Mediocre corporate policies

Oct 3, 2021 - Patient Experience Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work itself is easy as far as the administration side of things. Working 12 hour shifts was nice for my schedule.

Cons

Everything is about the money and not the patient, despite being patient focused.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Poor staffing and rude management

Dec 3, 2021 - Physician in State College, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good. We’re paid salary.

Cons

Don’t pay beyond 12 hours after a shift. If you work an extra hour they won’t pay you!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing staff to work with and center manager is phenomenal!

Mar 28, 2021 - Licensed Practical Nurse in Bluefield, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff is easy to get along with, no drama Learn so much from so many different cases! Center manager is very fair, easy going while making sure all aspects are followed according to guidelines! Th day flies by! Never a dull moment, loved it! Structure structure structure! If you have a question, there’s a protocol in place. You never have to wonder how to do details of your job!

Cons

Long shifts sometimes make it hard on moms with little ones. Being open till 8 and being required to still take the last patient at 7:59 can make you get out hours late if there are already people still finishing up. Makes it really hard on childcare providers never knowing when you will finish shift. *no part time day shifts, 12 hour shifts (which are usually 14) only

6. 2.0

Just say No

Aug 5, 2021 - Senior Front Office Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A 3 day (12 hours/day)work week equates to full-time status, Paid time off (sick; vacation) is accumulated by working hours. (40 hours of work = 1.5 hours of paid time off). 401K Company match. 2 paid holidays (closed) - Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

Cons

High turnover and always short staffed, Patients wait up to 3 hours to be seen- which makes them cranky and in turn makes the staff cranky. Health Benefits are lousy and expensive for a $15/hour position. Average workday is 13 hours -everyone stays until the last patient is discharged. Poor Communication: Managers may run several facilities so you might not see or speak to him/her for weeks except for emails (no appointed person in charge so everyone emails the manager when issues or questions arise). Unproductive! Constant changes to procedures and staffing which is communicated via email. No discussions or Q/A sessions, no morning team huddles or weekly/monthly individual/team discussions or performance scorecards. Required to work "at least" one full weekend per month. Vacation or sick time -off requests must be submitted 6-8 weeks in advance or (PROS) you can try to switch with a co-worker. No monthly goals (team nor individual) are ever communicated. Staff does not know their goals, how they are performing or where to find the data at the end of the month. Missing individual/team performance scorecards - you find out your performance at the end of the year when they give you a 20 cent raise.

MedExpress Urgent Care Response

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Hi there − We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. If you want to provide us with further details, please send us an email at HR@medexpress.com. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

7. 1.0

No care for employees

May 26, 2021 - Front Office Assistant in Hagerstown, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only 3, 12 hour shifts a week for full time.

Cons

Extremely busy. Hire ups only care about money that patients bring in rather than their employees. Even if we know we can’t help a patient we are told to put them on the schedule so we can bill their insurance. Patients can come in up until 8 o’clock pm to be seen causing your already long day to be even longer.( 7:30am-9pm) Stuck after closing anywhere from 40min-1hour every single shift. Due to not being able to stop patients 10-15min before closing. Those that make the rules have never once worked at the center level and have no idea what it’s like. No room for growth. Management is never hired within the company and have no medical experience.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

A good place to work temorarily

Nov 10, 2021 - Front Office Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 12 hour shifts a week

Cons

Company culture/old fashioned management style.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Flexible

Nov 9, 2021 - Front Office Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only work three days a week

Cons

You work 12 hour shifts

10. 3.0

Okay company

Aug 18, 2021 - Front Office Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free snacks with month-to-month purchased by the company. Many times free lunches from reps as well. Respectful managers.

Cons

Long 12 hour shifts with only 30 minutes of lunch.. lunch is not taken if the facility is packed with patients.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews

Popular Careers with MedExpress Urgent Care Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at MedExpress Urgent Care? Share Your Experiences

MedExpress Urgent Care Photos

+ Add Photo
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: Our MedExpress Teddy Bear Clinic has reached approximately 40,000 children in just three years.
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: We love to celebrate big moments at MedExpress. Check out some of our team celebrating one of our centers opening.
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: Meet some of our team behind the great care!
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: We are proud to partner with like-minded schools and non-profit organizations that share our commitment to being a responsible and dedicated community partner.
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: Check out some team members enjoying our annual internal recognition celebration, MedExpress Centers of Excellence, where we show our appreciation for centers who go above and beyond.
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: Three years ago, a group of MedExpress employees and a stuffed teddy bear began visiting communities to educate young children about what it’s like to visit a healthcare professional.
MedExpress Urgent Care photo of: MedExpress encourages employees to have a healthy work/life balance. Recently, team members from our Tampa-area MedExpress Centers had a great time participating in the Color Run 5k.