MedExpress Urgent Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Frank W. Alderman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You are able to work 12 hour shifts so you only have to work 3 days a week (in 27 reviews)

• 3 day work week - thats the best I can say (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (12 hour shifts), extra responsibilities not in contract due to lazy management (center manager), little pay increase, too much focus on NPS (in 23 reviews)

• 12 hour shifts are not bad however days stay open till 8 so if a patient walks in at 7:58-7:59 we have to see them (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"travel APRN"

Current Employee - APRN in Fairmont, WV
    Current Employee - APRN in Fairmont, WV

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love it! Everything is auto with benefits and training. Everybody is so nice!

Cons

The online everything takes awhile to get used to but everybody is helping me do I think it’s good.

Advice to Management

No major concerns. A great company.

Feb 21, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We’re so happy to hear that and couldn’t agree more! When you join MedExpress, you join a passionate group of healthcare and administrative professionals who are dedicated to transforming the... More

2. "Nurse Practitioner"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Huntington, WV

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been here going on my second month . It is an amazing place to work.. the staff, and manager are a great group to work beside

Cons

None.. I have no complaints

May 16, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback! When you choose MedExpress, you choose to work with a family of healthcare and administrative professionals who share your passion for high-quality patient care... More

3. "Front Office Assistant"

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Algonquin, IL
    Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Algonquin, IL

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, I love the family type of atmosphere that is instilled between all the workers. MedExpress continually finds ways for the workplace to be a positive space for all workers. Always meeting new patients and being a part of helping them get better is great. Also they are really good about helping you stay in MedExpress and continue a career with them so they help you find new positions that would be very fitting for you if you received new training or might be moving to another place. The management are all really nice too.

Cons

It is repetitive work so you have to be okay with that type of working.

May 9, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. At MedExpress, our people are our most valuable assets. We’re proud of our dynamic culture and great work environment where all backgrounds are welcome and appreciated!

4. "Independent Nurse Practitioner"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Omaha, NE

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Picks days you want off. Overtime pay.

Cons

Not enough PTO. Can’t ever be sick as a provider.

Advice to Management

Understand providers are human too and we get sick sometimes just like everyone else, do not make us feel guilty, instead please be more supportive. We do not want to miss work either but sometimes it’s impossible.

May 17, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing this with us. So that we can properly address your concerns, could you please email us at HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location where you work, and any... More

5. "Advanced Practice Provider"

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

set your own schedule, 11 days a month, very good pay. travel if you want it.

Cons

routinely leave 30-45 minutes late. 'customer first' corporate culture means little back up from management when there's a concern. CONSTANTLY changing rules and adding steps to workflow. unevenly applied work standards.

Advice to Management

burned a lot of employee goodwill with the sale and you've really done nothing tangible on the ground to rebuild the culture. ASK US!

Apr 26, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard. Could you please send the location where you worked, your contact... More

6. "No"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have a job and a paycheck

Cons

To many to list & too many errors

Advice to Management

Needs new mangement

May 4, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your concern. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.

7. "Still Working Through A lot of Growing Pains"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I worked at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 401k match for a smaller company like they are wasn't too bad
    - For the most part, the people were nice
    - Building renovations to Canonsburg office were nice
    - Depending on your department, you could work from home if needed. Work/life balance for my particular group was really, really good.

Cons

- Overall the company is still working through a lot of growing pains, and while they want to grow and expand their services there's just not a good grasp of how to really do that with the leadership and management teams in place.
    - Because they're an entrepreneurial organization, and with the leadership in place, there really wasn't any interest in developing processes or consistency. It was almost like they were afraid of what that would entail and didn't want to disrupt their in-house chaos that they were simply comfortable with. It's certainly a cluster...almost to the extent that it's just unacceptable...just a very immature organization.
    - There was a TON of behind the back talking, and he said she said...it becomes very difficult to navigate meetings and the work you're doing when you feel like somebody will inevitably say something behind your back...just so much unnecessary drama.
    - Definite lack of direction and changing priorities....A LOT of turnover...lots of random org. changes. I had never experienced so much change in such a short amount of time...none of it was beneficial.
    - Really not a company for everyone...definitely taking a risk if you decide to go there.

Apr 12, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your comments. Our team is very valuable to us here at MedExpress, and we value your candid feedback.

8. "Review"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great staff and training- defiantly values employees

Cons

Work life balance, compensation, and ever changing policies and procedures

Mar 26, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.

9. "Initial review"

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Bemidji, MN
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Bemidji, MN

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, friendly, professional work environment. Hold true to values and vision. Value high level of care for all patients and value the well-being of the provider as well.

Cons

A con is also a pro...you never know what is going to walk in the door and at what time of the day. You have to just take a breath and give each patient the best care possible, knowing that you are making a difference.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your support and open communication.

Apr 24, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear about your positive experience at MedExpress.

10. "Front Office"

Current Employee - Front Office in Hagerstown, MD
    Current Employee - Front Office in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at MedExpress Urgent Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have great insurance, Offer paid time off for full employees, You only work 3 days a week and have off 4.

Cons

They offer no opportunities for growth within the company. The company does not care about their employees. They allow people to get away with things that a company should not and then write up people for pointless things. They are always understaffed and over busy. They do not offer overtime so when employees call off the people their have to suffer.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will care about the company.