MedExpress Urgent Care Employee Reviews about "clinic"

Updated Jun 7, 2021

Found 29 of over 645 reviews

3.2
MedExpress Urgent Care President Dean Hatcher (no image)
Dean Hatcher

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

31.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=MedExpress Urgent Care~333368
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of MedExpress Urgent Care and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "clinic"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Front Office Assistant

Jan 17, 2018 - Front Office Assistant in Lawton, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone in the clinic is very helpful, especially during training or when the clinic gets busy. You are able to work 12 hour shifts so you only have to work 3 days a week. Our manager is also very good about working with your schedule, if you need to split a shift and work two six hour days instead of one twelve hour day. Anytime I have a question or need help I have been able to ask anyone and everyone has been very helpful. The pay is great as well, especially for working in the front office and not holding a clinic title.

Cons

The only con I have is that some nights you may not get out of the clinic by the closing time. You are not guaranteed to leave by 8pm. You are required to stay until the last patient is out of the building. The latest I have had to stay so far is 45 minutes to an hour past closing.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback! We strive to offer the best to our team - so it's great to hear about your positive experience at MedExpress.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Horrible during Covid

Jun 7, 2021 - Front Office Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff was nice to work with

Cons

Horrible during covid time as clinic was understaffed and no break time

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Low pay, poor staffing

Mar 21, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work less days a week, snacks provided, some great employees

Cons

Low pay with a very tiny raise once a year, poorly staffed, centers (even busy ones) are shutting down constantly so no job security, you perform tons of urine drug screens all day long, you rarely get a break because you’re so busy and too little staff but you get in trouble if you don’t get a break, if you do get a break, it’s one 30 min break for a 13+ hour shift. Constant changes from upper management that don’t actually work in clinics and have no medical experience. Don’t work here unless just wanting to do it casual hours

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pros and Cons

Jan 31, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed the diversity of health conditions treated as well as occupational medicine. Flexible schedule when fully staffed. Nice always having Thanksgiving and Christmas off.

Cons

If team members don't share the same work ethic, it leaves more work for those who do care about the clinic and patients. It can be difficult when the clinical staff and the center manager do not have shared clinical experience.

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We'll be sure to share this information with our team.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Love my coworkers

Nov 14, 2019 - RN Staff Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the coworkers--nurses, radiology technicians, providers, and front office staff!

Cons

Understaffed and underpaid. You are also expected to keep the clinic open with 2 or 3 employees trying to the jobs of 5-6 (some of which you aren't trained for...). Ridiculous "point system" where you are not rewarded for helping out with extra staffing only deducted. No shift differentials, bonuses, or incentive pay etc.

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing this with us. If you would like to discuss further, could you please send us an email at HRfeedback@medexpress.com with the location(s) you work at and any additional feedback?

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Call center agent

Sep 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Got to work from home, health benefits, PTO, got to work on the projects.

Cons

Incoming calls, no help after 4:30pm, Q&A are unrealistic, ask patients too many questions, angry customers, untrained staff at clinics.

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing. At MedExpress, our people are our most valuable assets. We’re proud of our dynamic culture and great work environment where all backgrounds are welcome and appreciated!

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Disappointing place to work

Mar 1, 2019 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and friendly co-workers

Cons

Pay scale is below average and raises are a couple cents at a time. I've had 2 raises since starting here and they do not even equal 80 cents put together. Raises are based on clinic collectively and individual performance is irrelevant. Minimal staffing makes time off hard.

6 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. We’ll certainly share this information with our team for their review.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Poor management

Jan 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 - 12 hr shifts for full time

Cons

Poor management certain clinics are run like a middle school playground...free for all a select few that are in charge of schedule run the office,the manager is too busy trying to get promoted

3 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your candid review. We strive to provide our team members with an environment in which each person feels heard. Could you please send the location(s) where you work, your contact information, and any additional feedback to HRfeedback@medexpress.com? We will be sure to share your feedback with our team for their review.

9. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

LIARS! and really bad management

Jan 24, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with

Cons

Leadership is awful. They make a lot of promises and then don't follow through on anything they say. My manager talks out of both sides of her mouth. She is never in the clinic and when she is, she treats the staff like slaves. She is a racist.

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you want to provide us with further information about your situation, please send an email to HRfeedback@medexpress.com with your name, location you work at, and concerns. Thank you in advance for providing us with this valuable feedback. We look forward to continuing the conversation at your convenience.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Little care for employee happiness

Jun 20, 2017 - Midlevel Provider
    Business Outlook

Pros

work 14 days a month

Cons

felt like I was single-handedly contributing to the overuse of antibiotics and this was very much supported by the company in the form of patient surveys. Worked nearly every weekend in some capacity. Did not have a set clinic so I drove all over the area, sometimes 2 clinics in the same day.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews