MedImpact Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

MedImpact CEO Frederick Howe
Frederick Howe
  1. "Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at MedImpact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helpful supervisors. A decent pay. Beautiful facility

Cons

Not much of a chance to move up

Advice to Management

Great management

MedImpact2017-08-01
  2. "Specialty Hub CSR/Prior Authorization Clerk"

Current Employee - Specialty Hub Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at MedImpact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay for easy work Great staff to work with Leadership is always willing to help you take the next step up.

Cons

Schedules are not always “fair” I have worked here 3 years under many different supervisors. Somehow I have always worked the closing shift. I have asked many times to have an earlier schedule for school and every time I have been declined while other people have been able to stay on an early schedule for years. Or I receive empty promises stating they will look into it. Also, the company isn’t very transparent with what...

Advice to Management

I definitely recommend looking into rotating schedules. I believe some people are getting rewarded just because of tenure when newer people have taken on more responsibility and put in extra work. I also would like to see more transparency. It is June and we should have had raises in April at least. I don’t feel like I should have to pester by supervisor to get answers.

MedImpact2019-06-21

"CSR"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at MedImpact

Pros

Friendly, solid salary very good company

Cons

not the best shifts/ to start out

Advice to Management

more training for new employees

MedImpact2016-08-24
  4. "Bait and switch"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Van Buren Township, MI

I have been working at MedImpact for less than a year

Pros

Coworker relationships, pot lucks, beautiful scenery

Cons

Feeling expendable, short breaks, no use of electronics, timed bathroom breaks, horrible schedule, no time in between calls, no peer to management relationship

Advice to Management

Be more approachable and make your employees both full time and contracting feel like they matter. We spend our full days away from our families to answer the phones all day so that you don't have to. At least act like we matter.

MedImpact2016-07-27

"A job with career potential if they had supervisors with leadership skills who encouraged employees."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at MedImpact full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is good Benefits are great General atmosphere is open. Current center manager seems to have the best interest of company and employees in mind always, which is a huge difference from past center managers.

Cons

Lack of experienced supervisors. Lack of consistency among supervisors. Inadequate training of supervisors. Supervisors who believe they are better than those they supervise even though they have less experience in certain areas of the business...for example Medicare Part D. Lack of open communication between management and employees.

Advice to Management

Train your supervisors to handle all types of calls before prompting them. It is really discouraging to have a supervisor not be able to take an escalated call because they are not properly trained to do so. Ensure ALL SUPERVISORs are consistent with policy and procedures. It's not good business to allow one supervisor to hold employees accountable to policy if 3 other supervisors are not going do hold their employees...

MedImpact2016-07-19
  6. "Customer Service Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at MedImpact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love my schedule Mostly laid back environment No drama

Cons

About 85 calls per day Supervisors hate taking sup calls Some supervisors babysit you, looking for you to do something wrong Good help is hard to come by Do not compromise or negotiate shift changes

Advice to Management

We are all adults, treat us as such Stop acting superior to agents

MedImpact2016-05-15

"Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belleville, MI

I worked at MedImpact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great pay even greater ot opportunities great co workers you learn a lot there about the health insurance field and lots of other things

Cons

Bad management management will lie to you it's unbelievable how they lie schedule bidding is kind of unfair they say you get a schedule based on how good you do its a lie management lies so much best managers who keep it real ate Laura and Matt everyone else is a liar

Advice to Management

Stop lying

MedImpact2016-01-26

"Will never go back!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at MedImpact

Pros

Brand new beautiful building. Good pay

Cons

Lack of communication and office politics.

MedImpact2015-03-11

"Supervisor's (minus Laura) are not qualified to run a 7-11 midnight shift. Bad Company!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Van Buren Township, MI

I worked at MedImpact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive during training. Make you feel like you belong, like you are joining a solid team.

Cons

After training, it's all downhill. First the management has no background in pharmacy, so you cannot ask them any questions regarding issues they should be handling. They tell you flat out you will be fired if you do not adhere exactly to set schedule. Very negative from the first day on the phones. Main supervisor hides in her cubicle that is a football field away from the real employees. Very unapproachable. ...

Advice to Management

Less game playing and more straight talk.

MedImpact2014-12-04

"I hated this job!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Belleville, MI

I worked at MedImpact full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is a "supposedly" bonus at the end of the year. They will pay for your "passed" PHT licensing and provide materials so you can study and excel.

Cons

Management is cut throat. Lack of Technology. They expect you to be handcuffed to the phone and please do not ever call off for whatever reason or they are ready to fire you. Mostly every one they hire is Temporary and thye never hire them in! Benefits suck!

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like people and not machines. They have lives outside of that wkplace. Hire enough people so that workflow is smooth versus having one person do the jobs of 5! Increase wages. No one can live off $14 with families!

MedImpact2014-10-02