Want a Free Job Posting?

MedPharm Reviews

Updated September 21, 2015
1 review filtered by
  • Any Status

The glass was more empty than full

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at MedPharm full-time

The best thing about the company is that they readily take on graduates, so you get hands on laboratory experience and can progress quickly. The other good thing are the people (your peers).

First and foremost they (management) are bullies. What you do is never good enough and you are constantly pushed to your limits, with very little sympathy for human error. Normal working hours exceed the standard 7.5 hours and flexitime doesn't really exist. It was extremely difficult to have a good work-life balance, where most of the staff were burnt out and depressed. Management were not approachable or flexible, and tended not to consider staff opinions. Staff were threatened many times, for example, by threatening to cancel social events. A trigger would be something as little as some dirty crockery left in kitchen sink. It was also looked down upon if you handed in your notice, as it was difficult for them to comprehend that staff were unhappy and that they did not inform them of how they were feeling about things. This was especially bad if they liked or thought you were a good worker. If you left on what they deemed to be "bad terms", you wouldn't be entitled to a leaving speech and you were treated very poorly. If you are considering working for this company, I would advise you to run for the hills and never look back.

Advice to Management

I think your biggest pitfall is not listening to your staff. Your staff are too afraid to be honest with you, as they don't want to be bullied and treated so rudely and disrespectfully. You need to improve your HR department and actually make them independent from senior management. I would advise not having favourites and threatening to sue half of your staff who resign with legitimate reasons. I think improving the working hours would also hugely benefit you. Small changes such as these would have a huge impact on your company, making it a much better place to work.

RSS Feed </> Embed